Chapter 28

Be My Girl

After her talk with Siwon Yoona had been thinking a lot about herself and her feelings. Although she didn’t have got her answer yet, she felt a bit better.

In the past weeks she had spent a lot of time with Donghae, a time full of joy but always with a bittersweet feeling afterwards.

Donghae had been the best boyfriend a girl could wish for and she knew that he’d always be. Being with him made her feel like she was a princess whose prince could keep all harm away from her. Well, almost all harm. The things he couldn’t rescue her from, where her own thoughts.

When she was walking through the supermarket to get some things, she noticed a familiar person and quickly hid behind one of the shelves. Carefully to not be caught she peeked around the corner. She had been right. It was Taecyeon.

“Great…” Yoona mumbled and turned away again. After their date back then she hadn’t met Taecyeon even once. Lucky her…. Okay, maybe she had tried to avoid him as good as possible…

But how should she face him now? He probably was mad as hell after being left behind like that. And then there was the thing with Donghae… Yoona wished for him to not know about it but it was nearly impossible that he hadn’t noticed.

“Who are you hiding from, beauty?“ Yoona flinched at Taecyeon’s voice and almost let go of her shopping basket. Being totally lost in her thoughts she hadn’t noticed him coming over.

“Huh? Hiding? Me?“

The man grinned wryly. „Come one, don’t act as if you weren’t. I know that you’re avoiding me.”

Feeling bad about it, Yoona slouched her shoulders and looked down in embarrassment. This was exactly why she had been avoiding him – because she’d feel sorry and bad and wouldn’t know what to say.

“I think we have to talk a bit.” Taecyeon said. “But before that we’d pay our things and get out of this supermarket.”

Knowing that he was right, Yoona followed Taecyeon to the checkout. Both of them kept silent until they had left the market behind them.

“So…” Taecyeon finally said as they were walking back to the apartment building. “You and Donghae?”

“Uhum…” She wasn’t able to say anymore. was feeling dry. Of course he knew. Was he angry? Secretly she glanced at him. There was no sign of anger in his face.

At that moment he also turned to her and their eyes met. Yoona immediately wanted to turn away again, but Taecyeon stopped her, by gently holding her face.

“Don’t turn away. It has been so long since we’ve talked.”

Being forced to look at him, Yoona couldn’t run away from him again. “I’m sorry…”

“I don’t like hearing these words from you, you know?” He said with an ironic smile. “Why did you avoid me? Did Donghae tell you to?”

She shook her head. “No, it wasn’t because of Donghae… okay, kind of but… it was that… I didn’t want to hurt you.”

Yoona could hear him chuckle. „You didn’t want to hurt me? Well, you did before anyway.”

Now she felt even more guilty. “Yes, I did…” Remembering how had looked at her back then, feeling hurt and betrayed, she could feel her eyes tearing up.

“I didn’t want to see you, okay? I knew you’d be mad and… I wouldn’t have been able to bear it.”

Taecyeon was surprised to hear this from her. Gently he caressed her cheek. “It’s okay now. I was angry at first but…” He seemed to hold back from what he wanted to say, shook his head and smiled. “I didn’t give up on you yet, beauty.”

And with this said he let go of her. Yoona still looked at him, holding her tears back. “I’ll be going now.”

Slowly she turned around and went away. She knew that Taecyeon was still standing there but to make sure, turned her head around again.

A smile was on his lips. “Beauty! I’ll be waiting!”