Chapter 5

Be My Girl

“Do I really have everything? Do I look pretty?”, Yoona talked to herself while she was looking into the mirror and checking her outfit for the tenth time.

She had also called Yuri for three times just to ask if her outfit really was okay.

Yoona had never been so nervous before a date. Maybe it was because this was the first date since her first high school year. Or maybe because Donghae was the prince of her dreams.

Then the door bell rang. “Omo! He’s here!”, she said, looked to the door and then back to her reflection in the mirror, “All right, Yoona, you’ll make it. Fighting!”

She made a fist and nodded determined, before she walked to the door and opened it.

Donghae smiled brightly: “Hey.”

“Hi!”

He wore a green-white checked shirt over a simple black t-shirt, jeans and a black hat.

So handsome...Yoona thought.

She herself wore a printed black t-shirt under a olive-green coloured shirt which was held together with a slim brown belt and a dark blue skirt. The last night she had tried so many outfits and finally had decided to wear this – but still she had been soooo insecure.

“You look pretty.”, Donghae then said which made Yoona blush and smiled brightly.

All right, it was the right decision!

“Shall we go now?” Yoona nodded, “Sure.”

They walked to the parking lot and talked a little bit about everything under the sun.

Well, this had been only the fourth time they talked to each other.  But although they didn’t know each other well yet, they didn’t feel awkward.

When Yoona saw Donghae’s car she was impressed: “Wow! This looks so nice!” And expensive!

He laughed: “You like it? And I thought girls only like small and cute cars.”

Donghae had a white Audi A5 2.0T about which he was really proud of.

“Uhm...I think if I had a car it would be small and cute.”, she said and grinned.

Like a gentleman he opened the door for her and let her get in the car before he got in himself.

“Could you get me my sunglasses out of the glove compartment?”

“Sure.” Yoona opened the glove compartment and got the black case out of it.

“Thanks.” The way he put on the sunglasses made Yoona sigh happily. How could he be so handsome while just putting on glasses?

Then he started the car and they left.

“Do you want to hear some music?”, Donghae asked and turned the radio on, “If you want something other”, he pointed at the glove compartment, “There are some CD’s inside.”

When she had opened it before she hadn’t seen the box with CD’s which she now got.

Curious she openend it. She was surprised of the wide range of genres. “You’re listening to all of this?”

He smiled and shook his head: “Not really, but I like to have different kinds of music to make people who drive with me feel comfortable.”

“Oh, I already feel comfortable with just driving with you.”, Yoona said and blushed.

Donghae also blushed and smiled even wider.

After some time they arrived at the cinema. Yoona didn’t know which movies were out right now so she looked at the many posters in the hall.

“What would you like to watch?”, Donghae asked who was standing behind her with his hands in his pockets.

“Uhm...”, she put her fingertip on her lower lip, “I don’t know...I’m not that up-to-date what is worth watching right now.”

“What about this one? It seems to be pretty popular lately.”, Donghae suggested and pointed on a poster.

Yoona followed his glance. It was a romance. And she was sure it was a dramatic movie. She shook her head. No, she really didn’t want to watch a drama on their first date.

She knew how easily they made her cry and she didn’t want him to see her cry.

“How about this one?”, she then suggested and pointed at an action movie.

Donghae raised an eyebrow. Yoona surprised him again and again. First the car and now the movie.

“All right, if you want to.” He went to buy the tickets – and of course he payed for her, too – before they got themselves some popcorn and drinks.

In the cinema hall they chose some good seats and sat down.

“Wah~ I haven’t watched a movie in cinema like for ages.”, Yoona said and happily ate some popcorn.

In her first and second high school year she had often went with Yuri, Siwon and some other friends but in their third year they had to prepare for their exams so there hadn’t been much time.

Apart from those two there were only four other people who wanted to watch the movie.

Donghae took this as a sign that it wouldn’t be that good.

When the film finally started they expectantly watched.

Actually it wasn’t that bad. Maybe the plot wasn’t something new but the actors were quite good.

After some time Donghae felt something heavy on his shoulder and looked down.

Yoona had fallen asleep.

He smiled. She was just so cute!

Gently he pulled a strand of hair out of her face and let her sleep.

When she woke up she yawned with her hand before .

“That was exciting”, she said and strechted herself a little.

Donghae laughed. “You slept most of the time.”

“But what I saw was quite good.”, she replied and blushed.

At his suggestion they went to eat some samgyeopsal and got to know each other.

Yoona learned that he was studying veterinary medicine since the last term.

Also they spoke about their families and the university in general.

It was already half past 11 pm when they arrived at home.

“It was really nice, today.”, Yoona said as they stood in front of her apartment door.

“Yeah, we should go out again some time.”

“That would be great.”, she answered and smiled.

Then they remained silent.

And that atmosphere set in. The atmosphere everyone knew from television dramas and movies. Also those two knew it. Donghae gulped. Should he really try it? It had only been their first date! But still...her really liked her...

Yoona was so nervous. Would he do it? Today she learned that Donghae really was the guy of her dreams.

Then Donghae decided to do it. This was the moment. Now or never – okay, maybe not ‘never’, but now was just the time.

He slowly raised his hand to caress her cheek.

Yoona immediatly began to breath weaker. Her heart began to race and she closed her eyes.

Slowly his face came closer and closer.

“Yah! Get yourself a room!”

Donghae and Yoona immediatly freezed when they heard the familiar voice.

When they opened their eyes and looked at each other they blushed and Donghae pulled his hand back.

“Why are you disturbing them, Oppa~? They were so cute.”, a female voice said they didn’t know. When they turned around they saw Taecyeon standing in front of his apartment with an arm around the waist of an unknown girl.

“Oh, sorry, did I interrupt you?”, he asked ironicly and grined, “Well, don’t let me disturb you, just continue with what you were doing.” Before they went inside the apartment the girl waved and said good night with a smile.

Annoyed and disgusted at the same time they sighed.

Taecyeon had completely destroied the mood. Now they felt kind of awkward.

Donghae scratched the back of his head: “Well, uhm...I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah...good night...”

“Good night...”

Silently they went into their apartments.

Inside Yoona had to pull herself together not to scream.

Why did this Taecyeon had to came at that time?! The next time she would see him, she’d definitly punch him for that!

Angry and dissapointed she threw her bag on the couch and went into her bedroom to change clothes.

But when she then thought about the day, she smiled.

Although their good bye wasn’t that nice they still have had a great time together.

She chuckled. He really had tried it! Maybe he would try it again the next time...and she could bearly wait for their next date to come.