Chapter 21

Be My Girl

Looking at the ceiling with his arms behind his head Donghae laid awake in his bed. Actually the evening had been good. Until Kyuhyun had arrived.

Donghae had felt kind of exculded. Yoona and Kyuhyun had talked about things he didn’t know a thing about and it bothered him that this guy seemed to know so much about her.

On their way home Yoona had finally explained to him who Kyuhyun was.

“He’s a childhood friend of mine. After middle school he went on an arts high school. We didn’t see each other pretty often and after he had moved into another country two years ago it’s gotten even rarer for us to see each other. Ah, that was a big surprise.” She than had giggled happily.

Turning to the side Donghae looked at the clock. It was already 3am. This was just so annoying!

 


 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?”, Yoona asked as she came out of her apartment and saw Kyuhyun standing in front of her instead of Taecyeon.

“Good morning. I thought it would be fun to go to university with you. And I want to meet Yuri, too.”

Surreptitiously Yoona looked from side to side. It didn’t seem like Taecyeon was around. Strange.

“Are you looking for someone?”, Kyuhyun asked but Yoona only smiled and made a dissmissive gesture, “Ah, no no. Let’s go!”

It was strange to walk side by side with Kyuhyun again after such a long time. But they weren’t awkward at all.

As they arrived at the campus Yuri just got out of Siwon’s car.

“Yuri-yah!”, Yoona called. Her friend looked up and her eyes widened as she saw Kyuhyun waving at her.

“Kyuhyun-Oppa! What are you doing here?”, she asked after hugging him briefly.

“I’ve missed both of you.”, he told them with a grin which made them laugh.

“Actually I’m here to visit my parents.” “Your parents?”, Yuri repeated as they continued their way, “Are you alone here?”

“About that-“ “Yoona-yah!”, someone cut in. It was Donghae.

“Good morning, Oppa.”, Yoona greeted him. “Mind if I accompany you?”, he asked and glanced at Kyuhyun.

“Uhm, sure.” Kyuhyun had to grin a little at Donghae’s reaction.

Since they still had time until their first lessons they decided to eat breakfast together. Sitting together in the cantine, Yuri, Yoona and Kyuhyun talked about their memories from schooldays and so on.

Meanwhile Donghae silently drank his coffee, observing the other male.

“But let’s not talk about the past.”, Kyuhyun then said and nodded at Yoona and Donghae, “Since when are you a couple?”

“We? We aren’t a couple!”, Yoona quickly said and blushed.

“Not?” Sceptically he raised an eyebrow before nodding, “Ah right, there’s still that other guy...”

Yoona looked at her friend in shock: “How did you...? Oppa! Have you been stalking me?!”

He only answered with a grin which made her snap her finger against his forehead. “So you’ve arrived yesterday morning already and only talked to me in the evening?”

“Well, I didn’t want to disturb you.”, he told her and rubbed the point where she had snapped him. “But the other guy isn’t your boyfriend either, is he?”

She slowly shook her head and looked at the table. With a raised eyebrow Kyuhyun looked at Yuri who sighed and leaned closer. Quietly she whispered: “She is his alibi girlfriend.”

“Alibi?”, he began to laugh and ruffled her hair, “Ah, Yoona-yah you always had a talent for getting into complicated situations! But I’m glad to hear that he isn’t your boyfriend.”

“Why?”, she asked surprised and took a sip of her tea.

“Why? He doesn’t seem very trustful. With other words: I don’t like him. Just take Donghae-shi.” “O-Oppa! What are you saying?”, she immediately blushed and apologized to Donghae. The later was as surprised as her. What was he up to? Was that a trick?

“And also you don’t even know Taecyeon-shi.” , Yoona insistet. Why was everyone so against him?

“But let’s not talk about me all the time. What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?”, she tried to change the topic which made him laugh. “Well, actually-“

“Ah! It’s already this late!”, Yuri suddenly said after taking a glance on her watch, “My lesson is about to start!”

“Huh? Oh yeah, ours,too.”, Donghae told Yoona.

“Well, uhm we’ll see you later then, Oppa!” “Allright...”, he only mumbled as the others left the table. With a sigh he watched them go.