Chapter 29

Be My Girl

“Are you sure about this?” Yuri asked and looked at her friend worriedly while sitting on the couch.

Yoona looked up from the book in her hands. She had a sad smile on her lips but was still determined. “Yes. I think this is the best thing to do.” The best thing to finally find out what her heart wanted.

A week had past since she had talked to Taecyeon and during that time she had made a decision. While Yuri was still not convinced that it was the right thing, Yoona had given up on asking herself whether it was right or wrong.

She would do this. She had to take this step to know if it was right or wrong.

Her friend sighed but then got up from her seat. “Okay… if that is what you want, I’ll support you.”

“Thank you, Yuri-yah.” Yoona told her friend with a thankful smile.

“Oh, don’t look at me like I told you I’d donate you a kidney or something.” Yuri laughed and hugged Yoona slightly, before putting her hands on her hips. “Okay, where do you want me to start?”

 


 

In the evening Yoona had made an appointment with Donghae, for which she was preparing now.

Her outer appearance was done already but what she had to do know, was to get inner self together. “Alright….everything will be alright…” She told herself while looking into the mirror, as the doorbell rang.

Her heart skipped a beat at the sound. There was no way of turning back anymore. Quickly getting her bag, she went to the door.

Donghae was smiling at her brightly. “Hello, Yoona-yah. You look pretty.“

„Thanks.“ She said with a shy smile and let him lead her down the stairs. With every step she took, she could feel the pressure getting heavier on her.

“You said you had planned something?” Donghae asked.

“Uhm, yes… let’s just take a walk through the park.”

He seemed a bit surprised but smiled again. “Okay. Sounds good.”

While walking together like this, they talked about their day, university and other stuff. Yoona knew that she shouldn’t wait to long, so she suggested to take a rest on a bench.

Luckily there weren’t many people around their place.

Slowly she reached out for Donghae’s hand. He took hers in his and smiled at her. She returned it, but there was sadness in her eyes which Donghae noticed.

“Is everything okay?” He asked worriedly.

Taking a deep breath again, she slowly shook her head and looked at him. “No. It isn’t.”

She squeezed his hand a little. „Oppa, I have to tell you something.“

By the sight of her being so serious, Donghae got even more worried. He seemed to know what she was about to say.

You can’t run away anymore, Yoona, she told herself and took all her courage together to keep on talking. “Oppa, the past weeks with you were great. I was really happy to be with you and I know that you feel the same, but… I don’t want to take advantage of your kindness anymore.”

Donghae gulped, his eyes glued to hers. “What do you mean?”

“I…you gave me so much love, but I… I don’t think I can return it. At least not as much as you give me.” She did like Donghae but, there still was Taecyeon…

“I don’t care about that.” He told her, grabbing her hand tightly. “Just give it some time, we can do it.”

With teary eyes she shook her head. “No, Oppa. I’m sorry… and thank you, but… I’m not ready yet.”

By the look of his, Yoona could tell, that she had broken his heart. Although she felt as guilty as ever, she wouldn’t back out.

She could feel how much he loved her, when Donghae put on a weak smile. “O-Okay… if this is what you want…” He pulled her into a hug. “Sorry…. Just one last time…”

Yoona returned the hug. „I’m sorry, Oppa… I’m just not ready yet…“

“It’s okay.” He said, although she wasn’t sure if he was talking to her or trying to convince himself. Slowly he let go of her again. His eyes were teary but he smiled. Gently he her cheek. “I’ll be waiting for you, Yoona-yah.”

Not able to hold her tears back anymore, she nodded slightly and tried to smile. “Thank you.”

 

 


[a/n]

Hey guys! Thank you so much for sticking with 'Be My Girl' for so long m(_ _)m

I know that I broke some of your hearts with my last chapters and I also know that some of you will hate me for this one^^; I'm sorry but this is what Yoona told me in my dreams to be the best (okay, maybe I'm just imagining it ^^) Let me tell you: it broke my heart, too, when Yoona decided to be with Donghae :'D

Well, maybe some of you noticed it or have a feeling about this story ending soon... but although the end is getting really close(really close), I don't feel like the story of this love-triangle has come to an end yet, so... please look forward to the next chapters!

Thanks again for reading~

~MikiApple :3