Chapter 19

Be My Girl

Back in rainy Seoul everything seemed to be like before.

Taecyeon waited for her every morning and Jessica was grumpy again. The only thing tha wasn’t alright yet was the thing with Donghae. He still didn’t talk to her and avoided her which didn’t make her feel any better.

One day she walked across the campus as she saw him. Taking this chance to finally talk to him she quickly followed the man and grabbed his arm “H-Hey, Oppa!”

Yoona tried to be as cheerfull as possible, smiling at him happily.

“Oh, Yoona-shi...” Donghae said and the awkwardness between them was so strong you could almost grab it. That totaly wasn’t the reaction she had wished for but the one that had been to expect.

“Uhm, I’m sorry but I have to-“ “Oppa” Yoona cut into his words and sadly looked at him “Why are you avoiding me?”

He couldn’t stand her look so he turned his head a little way. “Me avoiding you? I don’t-“

“Oppa. We both know that you are avoiding me on purpose and I want to know why so we can clear this issue.” Yoona looked at him again and he could see that she was really sad about him avoiding her. “Please... I don’t want you to be mad at me...”, she then said and it made his heart hurt.

“I... I just thought it’d be better for you because of your... boyfriend.”, he then stated. Donghae’s throat was dry as he said the last word. He didn’t dare to look at her until she began to laugh. Confused he looked up.

Yoona knew that it wasn’t the right moment to laugh but she was just so happy about the fact that there actually wasn’t any problem – or at least it seemed to her like their wasn’t.

“I don’t have a boyfriend.”, she said with a smile which made him even more confused. “But Taecyeon-shi...”

Now Yoona also understood what had made him think she had a boyfriend.

Slowly she shook her head and told him about Taecyeon, Jessica dn how she suddenly had become Taecyeon’s ‘girlfriend’ – though she didn’t tell him about their ‘break up’ and ‘reunion’.

Donghae sighed inwardly as he heard her explanation. It was a relief to hear that they weren’t a couple though he also wasn’t very pleased about the situation. He couldn’t believe that Taecyeon didn’t have any ulterior motives.

“So... you won’t avoid me anymore, will you?” Yoona slowly asked and looked up at him with puppy eyes which made him smile.

“Of course not. And as a proof I’ll invite you to lunch. Or have you already eaten?”

With a wide grin she shook her head and they went to each lunch together.

Both of them were happy to finally talk to each other like before again though something between them had changed.

For Donghae something had changed at any rate. He wouldn’t just sit there and watch Taecyeon and Yoona play a couple. He would make her his girlfriend.