Chapter Two

Over The Top

April 28. A week after the attack, the team went to execute the plan Sunggyu told us. We’re going to attack the enemies’ territory. Even if it was his birthday today, we still continued to risk our lives to continue the war. I could remember the smiling Sunggyu, telling us that he must receive the best birthday present ever by killing those bastards. We raised our rifles as we prepared ourselves for more intense battle. It’s more serious this time because we decided to use force, more force.

“Haneul, you better stay here and take care of Hoya!” Woohyun said, grabbing my rifle. I grasped my rifle so he couldn’t get it and stared at him.

“No, Woohyun. I must take revenge. And I will be doing this for my friend so you should not stop me!” My stares became flaming glares.

“But-“Woohyun’s sentence was cut off as I felt someone grab my shoulder. I was startled to see Hoya now fully awake.

“H-Hoya…” I muttered.

“Let her go with you, Woohyun. This stubborn little girl is unstoppable and she will not make me feel even better with her grumbling if she stays with me”. Hoya grinned.

I looked at him and silently scoffed at his overstatement. Woohyun clicked his tongue and ruffled his hair. “Okay, I get it. Now, let’s go because we shouldn’t miss the action”. I pumped my fist at the air and smiled at Woohyun. He just shook his head and exited the tent. I turned to Hoya and hugged him. “Take care, okay?” I said.

“You’re the one who should better take care, babo!” Hoya hit my back, hard.

“Ouch! You know, that hurts more than they can hurt me!” I mumbled while soothing myself, releasing myself at the hug.

Hoya’s mouth widen in disbelief. “Is it…painful?” I just sneered. “Oh well, I have to go now Hoya. Wait for us okay?” He smiled and shooed me away. I chuckled and bade him my goodbye.

“Hey Woohyun! Wait up!”

Hoya and I have been a part of this underground, militant group called Woolim. Things before were in good state not until the entertainment industry has been a total mess. People on the top pulled up their hidden dirty tricks just to remain on top. Since then, rookies were less recognized, others were underrated. In this scary entertainment food chain, influential and powerful predators could easily manipulate powerless preys.

 “Happy birthday to me, ing bastards!” Sunggyu shouted as he released bullets from his rifle signalling that it is the start of the war. All of us followed and shoot bullets in the sky, never minding who or what will get hit as long as it was not our alliance. Enemies threw detonations and fired bullets towards us as Sunggyu keeps on shouting at us incoherent words – leaving us options to fight, duck or run away.

 

A/N: Yeah, belated happy birthday hamster leaderGyu! :D I’ve been adding some special chapters for this story, it’s like the behind stories of the characters involved in this fic. Hope it won’t confuse you. :D