Epilogue

Over The Top

It’s been a year since the encounter and it seems like it’s just happened a while ago. Everything’s vivid and everyone else’s memories are still lingering with me.

South Korean government has taken over the whole issue and the people involved in the kidnapping. There has been a media blackout and people have remembered only the huge names in the issue.

SM Entertainment has been suspended from running business. But SHINee and EXO have been allowed to continue their music careers. Since that incident, fans of these hallyu stars were lessening and that caused a grave negative effect on their popularity. Their trust rate went down and less TV channels and music companies have offered them projects.

Meanwhile, B2ST and MBLAQ continued the legacy of hallyu wave all over the world. They have successfully topped the music charts and sold millions of copies of their albums. They have also wrapped up their world tour and became the most famous renowned global K-Pop artists. Entertainment world spun right in its proper axis once again. 

So what happened to the people who made it happened? To the people who were actually there – to us? No one asked. But that’s okay. We never did it for popularity and prestige anyways. We’re there to achieve something, we’re there to attain peace and put our ideals into action. We did it for our beloved country, for our loved ones and most of all, we did it for ourselves. After of what has seemed forever, has finally come into its end. Our bonds which were once stronger than ever has slowly melted as we must go on with our lives – on separate ways.

Sunggyu and Soyu were married now and they have now two lovely daughters. Being such a great leader, Sunggyu decided to manage an entertainment agency and named it Woolim Entertainment. Dongwoo started managing a small restaurant in Busan remembering his friend Hoya and his infamous chef skills. Sungyeol and Sungjong stayed single but stayed together for each other. Sungjong, being an overachiever and a talented person too, became Woolim Company’s star. He earned a lot of money and popularity as the siblings predicted before. Sungyeol became his brother’s manager. As for Myungsoo, he went back to his career with Eye Candy and did a drama series or two but then resigned stating ‘personal reasons’. After that, I haven’t heard anything from him.

I was about to visit Hoya’s and Woohyun’s grave when I saw this very familiar face. There he is putting two bouquets of fresh white flowers on the grave. He stood there for a while and turned around only to see me smiling at him.

“You’re here”. He said, slowly taking steps towards the unmoving me.

I gripped at the bouquets I was holding, my brain plotting the words I have to say. There are so many things I want to tell him but I couldn’t even dig deeper to find the right words in my vocabulary. And ‘yes’ was the word I have managed to say. He smiled at me.

“So how are you Haneul?”

“Me? I’m doing…great”. I said without looking at his eyes. I squatted and placed the bouquet beside those he has put there before, pinning my eyes on Hoya and Woohyun. I tried to stand up but my knees started to shake. I cursed inside my mind for being careless at this very moment. Maybe I was just too nervous because after such long time, I saw him once again.

“Need help?”

He offered his hand to help me to stand up. I smiled and grabbed his hand. His hands were not as rough as we were in the war before but I couldn’t care less than the silver ring wrapped on his finger. Bitterly, I took back my hands when I stood up and brushed my , letting out a nervous laugh.

“How can I be so clumsy?” I chuckled, “Thanks anyways.”

“No problem”.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly regained my senses but still I took glances on the ring on his finger. “I heard…you resigned from being an actor? Is it okay to ask why?”

“Oh! Yeah. Some things…happened”.

“Oh I see”. I so wanted to ask him but I can’t bear to ask him directly.

He bit his lips – doing his same habit when he’s thinking what he should or should not say. He sighed and slowly nodded. He looked at me like he was waiting for my reaction. How should I react to this situation? I felt hurt. I felt lost. I felt the worst. But somehow, I hid my ego in the deepest, and I chose to smile.

“Congratulations!” I stated. He bitterly smiled knowing that I finally figured out his status.

Silence surrounded us. We all knew that cemeteries are the quietest and serene places and the silence between us made it more deafening than ever. We stood there still, waiting for the one who will do the first move. And he did it. He hugged me. I hesitated to hug him back but the desire overwhelmed me.

We hugged each other tighter than before, knowing that we would never again. I was there in his arms, reminiscing the moments of us being together when we both needed each other the most until there’s nothing left to need. We have the need to move on. He has moved on and so I must.

The fact that we’re able to see each other again, the fact that we could smile with each other again, the fact that we’re able to stay in each other’s arms again – could be the last. And I have to accept the fact that this could never happen again. There I was, crying, hoping that the end of these wet eyes full of memories, our memories, I hope it dies in this embrace.

It’s better to end it this way.

 

THE END

 

A/N: Yeah! Finally, the end. Too bad, Haneul has missed her chance for love. Hoya's gone and Myungsoo can't be with her either.

So that's it. Hope you love this story and it doesn't give you headaches and all. Thanks for reading!!!!

Saranghamnida!

And would you mind if Ipost the poster I created for this story? Heeheehee~