Chapter Four

Over The Top

Hoya was standing at the tent’s entrance with his arms crossed. He was walking back and forth like a little kid worrying about his test papers’ results. I chuckled at seeing Hoya like this. Then I remembered that I wasn’t alone. I mentally hit myself for leaving him behind and let him just follow me all the way long. I steered Myungsoo to come with me as we enter the territory. He warmly smiled at me.

“Finally, you’re here!” Hoya welcomed me with his open arms. I responded with a hug. “I was really worried about you.”

“Thanks”, I mumbled between our embraces as Myungsoo coughed. I broke our little reconciliation moment to introduce Myungsoo to Hoya.

“Nice to meet you”. Myungsoo extended his hand towards Hoya and he took it. Hoya greeted him with a smile, no, a smirk. “You sure you know what you’ve gotten into?” Hoya asked Myungsoo, a little tone of mocking.

“Of course”. He bravely answered.

“It’s just…I think I’ve heard your name before. And it sounded like you are some kind of…an actor or idol, I suppose,” said Hoya.

“What are you talking about Hoya? Just be glad we have found another ally,” I said, slightly hitting his shoulder, and then faced Myungsoo, “Right Myungsoo?” I ce again to Hoya. “Besides, he has saved my life, and at least I have to thank him for that”. I smiled at Myungsoo and looked at Hoya’s reaction once again. He just looked away.

Myungsoo smiled at me. “Yeah. But Hoya’s right. I’m an actor but that really famous though,” confirmed Myungsoo.

Hoya scoffed. “You know, if you’re just doing this for publicity’s sake or whatever, right now, you may go home. We don’t need show-offs here. We need people who don’t even care getting their hands dirty for some ideals. We need people who share our ideals”.

He looks at Hoya in the eyes. “Don’t judge me just because of my occupation. My motives are real and I promise you, I won’t be a pain in the ”.

Hoya sarcastically nodded at him and ushered me, us, to go inside the tent. Somehow, I believed at this young guy. His eyes were pure and it seemed like he’s telling the truth. Anyways, I owe him my life so I better not be bad to him. We entered the tent. It has a worn-out bed, piles of newspapers, and stacks of old books, improvised weapons and explosives, nothing more, nothing less. Sunggyu was there sitting at the worn-out couch, drinking scotch, his little birthday present to himself I suppose. Hoya searched for a first aid kit inside the tent after noticing my wounded cheek with stains of dried blood.

“Glad to see you’re safe Haneul”, Sunggyu said as he finally saw me. “You know…Sungyeol and Sungjong were taken by custody but you have nothing to worry about because they said that they were totally fine. They could come back tomorrow because they were minors. And everyone’s been cured by the medics but man, they sure got us out with a lot of force huh!” Sunggyu reported and then gulped on his bottle of scotch.

“Oh yeah right. I was nearly being dead because of those stupid bombs they’re dropping like insane people. But I’m fine, just got a little scratch right here,” I pointed my cheeks and grinned at Sunggyu who’s still into drinking.

 Woohyun, done with his business on the phone, went inside the tent and noticed us. He smiled at me and furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Myungsoo, only to turn to me again to ask who this guy I was with was.

“Who’s he?” jerking his head pointing at Myungsoo.

“Oh by the way, everyone, he is Kim Myungsoo” I introduced him but like Hoya, Woohyun seemed not in the good mood to welcome him. Sunggyu just nodded, entranced by the spirit of the scotch.

“You’re name sounds familiar”, Woohyun stated, snapping his fingers, recollecting his thoughts.

“He’s an actor”, Woohyun-ah. I don’t know but it seems that I was the one who’s answering for Myungsoo but I don’t mind.

“Oh~ Oh I see”. Woohyun said like he has remembered him but not that clearly. And he snapped onto his thoughts again. “Yeah. Yeah. That’s it. You’re the one on the site who said that you want to help us, right? You want to join us?”

Myungsoo shyly smiled and nodded for confirmation.

“Aha! I remember you! Twitter ID INFINITELKIM, huh” Woohyun continued.

Myungsoo pinned his eyes on the ground to save his face from a little embarrassment, I think, because of his Twitter ID name, and bit his lips. There’s no problem with me about that though but I chuckled. Woohyun continued to cheer himself because of his sharp memories while Sunggyu welcomed Myungsoo, offering him a shot of scotch. He’s still in his birthday mood even though it’s been almost 1 in the morning. Myungsoo shook his head.

“Oh by the way, I want to thank you for that useful information Myungsoo”. Sunggyu said.

“That’s no big deal”, Myungsoo answered.

What useful information Sunggyu is talking about?I snapped out on my thoughts when Hoya sat beside me. He finally found the first aid kit and cleaned my wounds and secured it with a band aid. I smiled because of his concern. He’s really a friend of mine.

Woohyun sat besides the drunken Sunggyu and opened his laptop to check updates if there will be medicine aid and new members that will be coming for us. Myungsoo went out to wash his face. Luckily, some groups such as B2ST and MBLAQ answered his request. The help will be coming by the day after tomorrow. Few people also agreed to join us campaign.

Maybe Hoya was wrong to judge him at their very first meeting. Even though you’re an actor or a dancer or a street vendor, nothing’s more important than sharing the same ideals and principles for times like these. Sunggyu told everyone before we sleep that we have to gain some rest before we could engage ourselves again into serious battles. So tomorrow is a free day, or is it not?

A/N: About Sungyeol and Sungjong being taken by the custody, to make things clear, there have some non-governmental organization figured out that Sungjong (because of his twitter update) was still a minor and so he must not be with them. Sungyeol, being Sungjong’s brother, went with them to explain everything that he can protect his younger brother. So that’s it. The non-governmental organization, by the way, is their alliance too. And yeah, twitter. Do you have twitter accounts? :D