Chapter Seven

Over The Top

After a couple of gunshots, three vehicles rushed away from our headquarters. We’re sure we have some of them wounded but this is not the time to celebrate victory. This time is crucial. Someone’s life was on the line.

It took me a couple of minutes to recover myself from the shock. Myungsoo’s arms were still hugging me as he was muttering words telling me that I shouldn’t be worrying. I scanned the area and I can still see the panicking crowd. All were alert from the next attacks. I grabbed Myungsoo’s arms for support so I could firmly stand up, releasing my body from his hug. I need to know what the hell happened.

“What the-” I cursed when I rushed towards Sunggyu. Myungsoo followed me.

Sunggyu was cursing a lot with a bloody body of Woohyun in his arms. He was rocking him like a child asking, begging for him to wake up and I could remember this familiar feeling with Hoya there. And tears roll down my face. The scene was all familiar to me but this time was different. It was Woohyun’s tent that was been the victim of the previous explosion. Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong rushed at the area too and were very shocked. Others went for a lookout around the area. Myungsoo was behind me, pinching my shoulders to comfort me.

“Woohyun, get a hold of yourself! You can’t die here bro.” Sunggyu said, tears starting to roll down his face. This is the only time I saw him cry like that. Sunggyu, behind those sweet smiles, he was a protective brother and a strong leader. He may not show you his soft side but he sure is an emotional one.

“Remember KARA’s Seunghyun? You still have to date her, babo!” Sunggyu tried to ease the tension. Woohyun only managed to give him a smile.

I cursed myself for being such a no help. We just circled at the struggling Woohyun and the wailing Sunggyu. It’s like a scene from a certain drama where a character was about to face death. Before I was wondering why on drama series, whenever someone was dying, and stupid people just went around them and just watch them die, or wait for them to say their final words that indicating that their time has come. Now, I finally know why. Being in this kind of situation, you feel like being in a dream, more probably in a nightmare, wanting to wake yourself up, waiting for someone that will pinch you hard to stop you from dreaming this worst dream. But then, you realize that you’re living a real, painful life and every life must face death.

Woohyun was deeply injured and nothing can cure him now and he sensed it. It only took him to grab Sunggyu’s hand and squeezed it as life escaped from his body. He smiled at the screaming Sunggyu and finally his hand released from Sunggyu’s grasp. Sungyeol hugged his brother Sungjong who is crying hard. Hoya was standing there, motionless, expressionless, trying his best not to cry. Myungsoo hugged me and I burst out in tears that soaked his clothes.

“I’ll make them pay for this!” Sunggyu muttered between his sobs.

They have attacked us at our home where we are the most vulnerable. They have taken our safety zone away from us.

 

A/N: So sorry for killing Woohyun. TT Someone must make sacrifices though.