Special Chapter Part Two

Over The Top

It was the start of my battle. I bade goodbye to my parents and to my little brother heading towards work. Today and the next days will be the best days of my life as a journalist as I was the one who was assigned to write news about the ‘Sistar abduction issue’ yesterday and write follow up stories regarding it. I punched Hoya’s number in my cell phone because he was now ten minutes late for the history. I yelled at him on the line making other people stare at me like I was a madman. I bowed at them slightly showing that I was sorry and I was back in the line again.

“Yah! Lee Howon! Get your freaking of here now or else!” I ended up the call. Well, I don’t know how to continue my sentence since I was also like that and I’m worst than him. I’m always late at our meetings but Hoya never gets angry at me. I feel so ashamed at yelling at him like that since it was his first time being late at our appointment.

We’re partners in crime – like Batman and Robin. I am the writer and he is the photographer. Every scoop, every hot spot, we’re there to report only the best. We became the best of friends. And he is the most understanding one. Even if I have the strongest mood swings and weirdest habits, he’s never tired of me. And I feel sorry for not being the same to him.

I sat at the bench on the train station and opened my tablet pc to check for news updates. Suddenly this related link came across to my navigation and so I checked up on it.

WOOLIM

It was some kind of secret underground militant group which aims to fight against the terrorists wanting for more concerned citizens to join and help them. Wait, what? How come such groups like this exist? Is this some kind of joke? I scoffed. Suddenly, a panting Hoya was beside me, catching his breath, muttering words.

“Oh you’re finally here!” I said.

“Sorry Haneul. I was…late. I’m really…sorry”. Hoya tried to speak between his huffing.

“No, it’s okay. I was the one who’s sorry. You know, for yelling at you on the phone. Sorry!”

Hoya smiled and sat beside me. “So, where are we going now?” he asked.

I positioned my tablet pc on the view where he can also see. I told him about Woolim and how it could be an interesting scoop for us. He agreed with me and we decided to take a shot. We followed the details and information on the website and went there.

“Hello. Thank you for being here”. The guy with small eyes greeted us with a 45®bow. We bowed at him too. “So, are you Park Haneul and Lee Howon?”

Just when I was about to confirm, Hoya butted in. “Oh, call me Hoya”. I looked at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

The guy smiled at us and introduced himself. “By the way, I’m Kim Sunggyu. Come on in”.

Sunggyu explained us the mission, vision, and some other details of this group. Together with his kinda like right hand, Nam Woohyun, they were only the ones who are in the office.

“Wait. Sorry to interrupt you Sunggyu-ssi, but are we missing something?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu looked confused.

“Uhm, aside from the two of you…where are the other members of this group?” I continued asking.

He nervously looked at Woohyun, his eyes were asking what to do now.

“Well, I think Haneul and I have to go now. This is just a scam”. Hoya said, grabbing my wrist.

“Wait!” Woohyun screeched.

“What Sunggyu hyung said to you are plain truths and to tell you, this is not a scam, okay? we just…uhm, we just don’t know what’s the easiest and fastest mean we could use to inform a lot of people and ask them to help us and join us to this fight. And so I sent you the link because I believe journalists have that power to connect to people”. Woohyun explained.

Both Hoya and I stopped at leaving the room. And we both know what to do now.