Chapter Nine

Over The Top

Morning came and another day welcomed us in the headquarters. Since that Woohyun incident, none of us properly sleeps (except for our maknae Sungjong) because we have to be alert this time. Loud sounds of screeching tires were heard as two black vehicles came inside our headquarters area. Every one of us grabbed their weapons, alerting ourselves if they were part of those devils last night. It’s too early for another battle. We were about to aim our guns to whoever comes out the car when a young looking guy greeted us an energetic hello. All were in daze and we could almost drop the gun.

“Yah, what’s this?” Sungyeol exclaimed going near the vehicles.

“Yow tall dude, chill~” said the energetic guy from before. He sure looks like a kid to me but his hideous dark circles told me that he’s experienced the hardships of life. “I’m Mir! There are my hyungs!” Then four more men came outside the car. Meanwhile, the door of the other car opened and six handsome guys stood before us.

“Hello, we’re M-ST!” The eleven guys chorused.

Help has finally come. As two groups which they call themselves M-ST came to help us. Doojoon, the leader of the group B2ST and Seungho, the leader of the group MBLAQ explained us everything, from how Woohyun has asked for their help to how they came up to the name M-ST. They lamented over Woohyun’s death but there’s nothing we can do. We just have to rely on each other at this moment and make Woohyun’s death more meaningful. 

“Another idols huh?” Hoya scoffed. I elbowed him.

“Yeah. I think so. But we should just be thankful that they’re here to help us”. I said but he just sarcastically nodded to agree with me. “Oh well”. Hoya shrugged his shoulders.

“But wait Haneul, I’ve thought of something…since we’re on this idol topic…Do you think I can pass as an idol?” Hoya said as he examined his own features. “You know, I got the talent, I got the looks, and I got everything what it takes to be an idol. So, what do you think?”

“What the-“ I sneered.

“You can be my number one fan or the president of my own fan club!”

“Yaish! You thick skin!” I attempted to throw him a punch but I paused for a while, seriously thinking about his suggestion. “But…okay, wait, if I say yes then it only means that my photographer’s going to leave me alone?”

“You can write articles about me. You can have VIP access now and you don’t have to go and risk your life just to have a scoop”. Then he grabbed a note from his pocket. “Wait, I’m going to sign this for you so that once I become popular, you can boast around our place that you had my autograph first”.

My eyes widen at disbelief. This Busan guy has sure lot of self-confidence. We were there laughing at each other. He continued on his ‘idol’ act and it starting to piss me off a little. Just when I’m about to throw a punch on his face so his head can come down to the ground again, a guy with moustache approached us and grabbed my hand. Hoya and I were startled.

“What are you doing here in the most dangerous place, princess?” the guy kissed the back of my hand. “By the way, I’m G.O. I’ll save you from this battle and I promise you that I will take you to the most beautiful place in Korea!” I took back my hand and looked at him with mocking eyes. he was a little startled.

“What the- what do you think are you doing mister? I’m no damsel-in-distress here if you know. I’m here to fight and not to date. And by the way, Haneul’s my name, not ‘princess’” I clicked my tongue and grabbed Hoya inside the tent to ignored the flustered playboy.

“She’s not an easy girl. Respect”. Myungsoo said slightly tapping G.O.’s shoulder. Then he passed us by. He looked back at me and gave a little smile. I did too. And then he continued from walking.

Meanwhile, Hoya was still in his ‘idol’ act or I don’t even know what on earth is he doing, and he never stopped from teasing me. I really want to give him a punch or a forehead flick but I don’t want to ruin the flattering mood Myungsoo has given to me.

“Whoa~ Nice one there scary princess Haneul” Hoya continued.

“Oh shut up”. I muttered. And yes, I ended up giving him a forehead flick. Gotcha!

~

On the other side, Junyung and Hyunseung were examining the headquarters when they bumped into Myungsoo. Myungsoo brushed his shirt.

“I can’t believe you’re also here,” Hyunseung said, with a little mocking in his tone.

“How’s Eye Candy?” asked Junhyung, simply changing the topic’s tone.

Myungsoo let out a little smile. “I think they’re fine but I’m not really sure since I went here alone”.

“Oh I see. So you went here so you can take the recognitions alone?” Hyunseung posed pointing his index finger on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

Myungsoo shrugged him off. “Don’t make me look like I was the same as you two. There’s a reason why I’m here and you don’t know anything about it”.