Chapter Five

Over The Top

“Everyone, please welcome these two back!” Sunggyu exclaimed as he went outside the car. His voice was really loud and so all of us went outside our respective tents to welcome our members.

“Noona~”, Sungjong ran towards me and hugged me so tight. I missed this sweet kid. He attempted to kiss me in the cheek but he noticed the band aid. “Noona, are you okay? Have you encountered those bad guys again?” He gently caressed my wounded cheek. I nodded.

“There’s nothing we can do, Jongie. They’re really hard-headed bastards”.

“I promise you noona, we will take them down and we’ll soon be victorious!” Sungjong grinned widely as he stared at the sky admiring his plans. I smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He’s innocent and young enough to face all of this hardships, terrors, and pains of life but still he can manage to smile.

“Did they hurt you there?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“No noona. We’re perfectly fine. Sungyeol hyung was there to protect me just in case someone will aggravate us there. Thanks for worrying noona!”

“That’s no big deal Jongie. Come on inside and we’ll be having breakfast! I’ll be cooking.”

“Really?” Sungjong jumped for joy and hugged my waist, pushing me to come inside a little faster. This kid is really energetic. Sungyeol was talking at Woohyun and Hoya, exaggeratingly telling them what has happened to him and Sungjong at the custody. I just chuckled. These two made me believe that I shouldn’t stop from fighting not until we achieve peace in this country. Not until these two and the other kids out there won’t experience more sufferings and enjoy their life and childhood to the fullest. I saw Myungsoo standing at the corner watching all of us. He was smiling and I was glad he was admiring the scene, the happiness we felt from Sungyeol’s and Sungjong’s return. Both Sungyeol and Sungjong welcomed Myungsoo whole heartedly and I was thankful for that. This really is a free day after all.

I cooked for the team’s breakfast, Hoya and Myungsoo offered help in preparing the ingredients. Sungjong said that his mere presence will be enough to help me while Sungyeol was still busy telling the others his story of how he and Sungjong has ‘survived’ from the hands of those ‘scary’ custodians from before.

“Look at Sungyeol. He’s blabbering like an armalite!” Hoya joked as he chopped the chicken meat. I laughed at his little joke but tears are flowing in my eyes.

“Why are you crying? God, my jokes are really the awesomest!” Hoya exclaimed, putting the chopped meat on the huge bowl outside.

“Can you see? These freaking onions are making me…ugh!” Hoya chuckled as he went outside. I could hear him mock at me and saying ‘babo’. I pouted as I wiped away the tears but it just so happens that it caused more stinging to my eyes because my hands are filled with onion’s extracts. But then, I continued chopping the onions. Suddenly, I cut my finger and cursed myself. “Ouch!” I screamed. Myungsoo went rushing towards me to see what happened and he saw my bleeding index finger. He grabbed my finger and looked at the startled me. He gently my finger, the blood. Not knowing, my body shivered toward the sensation he gave me. Somewhere inside me wants him doing that to me. I know it’s kinda gross that someone your blood, but I found it pleasurable. My train of thoughts were stopped when he pulled out my finger outside his mouth, spitting away the blood. He his lips and said, “Now, that will be better” and then he smiled.

I was still startled and I think I was smirking at him like an idiot but he’s innocently staring at me. Thankfully, Hoya arrived at the right time. He asked me why I screamed and I told him what exactly has happened minus the sudden pleasure I felt. Myungsoo walked away from us after chopping the vegetables from before. I followed his figure using my eyes and I could barely hear Hoya’s speaking. I snapped out of my thoughts when Hoya held my hand, the one with the wounded finger.

“You take care of yourself Haneul. Come and let me do the chopping thing”.

“Huh? B-But…”

Hoya just stared at me, gently pushing me to the side. “Let the man do his thing. You know too well that I can cook too, right?” He looked at Myungsoo with his back facing us. “Besides, Myungsoo’s here to help. Right, Myungsoo?” He made sure that he heard what he said. Myungsoo turned his back and smiled. “Oh yes, I’m here”. He approached the kitchen table again.

I just sighed. I have nothing left to do. I painfully watch them because I promised Jongie that I will cook but Hoya did. Myungsoo just helped him. Suddenly, I caught Myungsoo looking at me. I managed to mouth him the words ‘thank you’. He smiled and nodded at me.

“Breakfast’s ready!” I exclaimed to get everyone’s attention. The three of us brought the dishes out. This was the first time that our team will be eating like, you know, normal people again. I’m glad to see everyone’s smiling. I just wished that we could stay forever like this but we have duties and responsibilities. I erased bitter thoughts in my mind and enjoyed the hearty breakfast with all of them.

“Noona, daebak!” Sungjong exclaimed, with his big eyes, meat was still on his mouth. “You’re really a good chef! You know what, after this war, you could start up a restaurant!” he continued chewing off the meat. Hoya cleared his throat. I smiled as I knew what he was thinking.

“I’m sorry Jongie but noona didn’t cook all of this. It was your hyungs, Hoya and Myungsoo!” I explained.

“W-What?” Sungjong could almost spit out his food in disbelief.

“Nice one there Hoya!”. Woohyun complimented, elbowing Hoya who is beside him. Hoya grinned, his canines showing.

“And our Myungsoo, too,” Sunggyu added, finishing his bowl of spareribs soup, letting out a satisfied ‘ah’.

 

A/N: I just could sense that Hoya can be a good chef too. I remembered the “Rappers got Married” episode from their Sesame Player. The stir fried pork looks yummy! Hooray for Busan Hogod! XD