Chapter One

Over The Top

I ducked as my ears went deaf from the detonation which went in an instant. Thick fog covered everything in sight; tear gas burned my eyes; the shock numbed my body.

“Yoo Ji Ah!” the girl with full length bangs screamed as her vision went blank with the blindfold which covered her eyes.

“Babysoul unni!” the younger girl squealed. “Let us go!”

Two women were brought inside the black SUV by these armed men. Others in their combat attire with their guns pushed, hit, kicked, punched, and cursed the few people around me. Unable to keep my balance, I keep on stumbling around. The pain was very unbearable as different pairs of feet keep on stepping into mine, elbows and whatever hit my body because of the panicking crowd but what is more painful is that seeing that person meters away from me receives a good beating from the scary slightly overweight man using his baseball bat.

“Hoya!” I screamed dashing towards him. He looked at me with bloodshot eyes, pleading for help. I shoved whatever that blocks my way to Hoya. I need to save my friend. The blood was staining his white bandana on his head. It was no longer white. Tears are forming in my eyes as I hugged him to protect his vulnerable body. Luckily, the man doesn’t hit me because I am a female. At least, he still knew that word “respect” for females. I grabbed him in his shoulder so we could get away from that bastard.

I pulled the almost lifeless body of Hoya. I wiped his face that was covered with his blood. I tried to be strong so he can be strong too. He must fight for his life. That’s what we are fighting for anyways.

“Hoya, please hold on. Be strong! They are coming for us! Just keep yourself awake Hoya!” I said, gently tapping his cheeks so he could still feel his consciousness. “Help! Please help us!” I screamed, calling for attention. Thank God, there’s Dongwoo who was racing towards us. His eyes were worrying as his body trembles at the sight of bleeding Hoya.

“! What the- Hoya!” Dongwoo cursed as he grabbed Hoya and aid him to stand up. He piggyback rides Hoya and went running like a madman. I followed them. We are heading towards our headquarters because we are not allowed to go to any hospital to protect our identity. I could barely hear the sound of commotion as we get closer to the headquarters.

“What happened?” team leader Sunggyu shouted in my face, his eyes followed Hoya as he was now being cured by our resident paramedics. Woohyun stood beside Sunggyu.

“We saw those men again! We want to save the two ladies but we’re late. And there were only the few of us there”. Dongwoo hastily said and followed Hoya in the room.

“Damn it. And he was beaten by those bastards!” I answered as I clenched my fists tight. It angered me as I can’t do anything for my friend.

“Damn those worthless s! I promise that we will take revenge!” Sunggyu’s eyes uncharacteristically widen as he gritted his teeth. “We’ll plan our next move. Gather the others as we will have an important meeting”. I nodded and called for everybody. Still, I took a glance at the sleeping Hoya who is now, I think, finally getting better. I sighed being relieved.

“How?” Woohyun on the side asked.

“Someone has ticked us their location,” Sunggyu answered.

 

A/N: Isn’t it too sloppy for a first chapter? Mianhae. But still, thank you for reading. Please do comment and subscribe. Thanks!