Time for a new start.

Who do I choose?

As you got closer to the door, the sounds of people talking got louder. * How many guests are here?! * You started to calm yourself down.

Once you were near enough, you took a peak outside to see who was there. There were 2 people excluding Appa. One your man, another one old. You took a deep breath before walking outside.

" Appa, " you called softly as you wore your slippers. Appa turned back with a big smile, " Hyunjin-ah! Come, come, " he made a gesture with his right hand. You walked over to his side as he put his right arm protectively around your shoulders. You took a glance at the younger guy.

He looked like he was around the same age as you. He had brown hair which was slightly messy, but it looked good that way. His eyes sparkled, literally. His lips were small and pink and he had a pointy nose. His jaw was tight and he has an obvious jawline and he was slightly taller than you.

" Hyunjin, this young man here, is your childhood friend. " Your father said. You looked at the guy who was now smiling, " Do you remember me? " He asked. You shook your head slowly, embarrassed.

" Time for a new start then! " The older man said.

" Baekhyun, " The younger one said with his right hand out. You shook it firmly, " Hyunjin. "

" This is Mr. Byun, " Appa said, introducing Baekhyun's father. " You're the only girl I allow to call me Uncle. " He said fatherly. Everybody laughed softly.

Appa had invited everybody into the house where everyone had little chats. It was mostly amongst the three guys since you had no idea what they were talking about. But occasionally, Baekhyun would distance himself from the two and ask you some questions, not wanting you to feel left out and you were thankful for that. You had the feeling that he was a really nice guy and he even made you laugh.

After a few drinks serves, Uncle Byun bid goodbye to you. " I think Baekhyun should stay here a while longer. Catch up on each others lives? " He suggested.

You nodded, " Of course. Have a safe drive back home, Uncle! " You waved to him as he drove out of the driveway. Appa walked beside you, " I'll leave the two of you alone. I'll be in my room if you need anything. " He said and left with a smile.

You were now left alone with Baekhyun. He had his left hand inside his jean pocket and the way he stood beside you made you feel so small. You brought Baekhyun to your room and he made himself comfortable on your bed.

" So, where have you been all this time? " He asked. " America. " He clicked his fingers, " I knew it. Your accent's really strong. "

You laughed for a bit, " Didn't know it showed. " You jumped on top of your bed and sat cross-legged facing Baekhyun. " How old are you? " You asked, studying his face.

" 17. Aren't you too? " You nodded your head. " What school are you going to? " " Seoul Academy of Fine Arts. " Your eyes widened.

" That's so cool! What major? " You ask, now interested. " Singing, " he said with a smile. " Can you sing for me? " You ask out of the blue. Baekhyun's eyes widened, " WHAT? NO! "

You made puppy-eyes, " Please? " Baekhyun narrowed his eyes down at you. " Fine. " He muttered, then he held out a finger. " Only this time. " He said. You nodded your head then clapped your hands.

Baekhyun took a deep breath, before singing. 

 

~ Mikael boda neon naege nunbusin jonjae
Gamhi nuga neoreul geoyeokhae naega yongseoreul an hae
Eden geu gose bareul deurin taechoui geu cheoreom maeil
Neo hanaman hyanghamyeo maeumeuro mideumyeo

Aju jageun geoshirado neol himdeulge haji motage
Hangsang jikigo shipeo i’m eternally love ~

 

You laughed when he ended, " Eternally love? " He gave you a look and nodded. You clapped your hands, " You're voice is amazing. " He shook his head, " I have friends with better voices. "

You raised an eyebrow, " Oh really? Let me hear them, then. " You folded your arms. He chuckled, " Maybe next time. "

You smiled at him, " Do you remember anything about us? " He straightened up and you watch his eyes sparkle.

" Remember? I never forgot a single memory spent with you. "

" You grease-bag. " You roll your eyes at him. He brought his hands up in defence, " I really didn't! Okay so, there was when you cried all day long when your ice cream dropped onto your favorite dress, that time when you when you fell into the pond, when we went grocery shopping as a family, you pushed the cart too fast and it flew into stacks of tins. "

Your mouth hanged open and your eyes widened, " That did not happen! " You beat his arm playfully. " It so did! You remember nothing. " He wiggled his eyebrows at you.

" Other than that, we actually had a great childhood. We even had sleepovers. " He said. " We can still have it now, right? " You asked. Baekhyun looked at you with a soft smile, " Of course we can. "

Baekhyun then pointed to something at the side of the room, " Hey, is that Imo? " You followed him and saw that he was pointing to the photos by the side. " Yeah, " you said.

" How is she doing? I've not seen her in a long time. " Baekhyun said. " She's doing good, happy, I guess. " You shrugged your shoulders. Then, you came up with an idea.

" Let's call her! " You exclaimed as you brought on your phone. You dialled her number and put her on loudspeaker. After a while of waiting, she finally answered the call.

" Hyun!!! " Your mum shouted into the phone. " Mum, chill. I've got someone who wants to talk to you. Remember my childhood friend? " You talked to her in English and Baekhyun gave you a weird look.

" Your childhood friend? Wait... Baek..something? Baekyeol? Baekyan?- " " Baekhyun, Mum. "

" AH YES BAEKHYUN! You met him?! " Your mum sounded excited and you visualize how she was acting on the other line. " Yeah, he wants to talk to you. Talk in Korean okay! "

You passed the phone to Baekhyun, " Imo! Annyeong! " He said in a happy tone, making you smile.

" Oh, Baekhyun-ah! It's been long, how are you! " " I've doing good, Imo. How about yourself? "

" I've been growing old. " You shake your head at your mother's lame taste in jokes.

" Baekhyun, take care of Hyunjin for me please. " She said motherly, " I'm not there to look after her. " Baekhyun smiled, " Of course. She won't get into any trouble, I promise. "

Baekhyun the passed the phone back to you.

" Mum, I'll talk to you later okay. Love you. " You put down the phone and slide it back into your pocket.

" Do you have school tomorrow? " You ask Baekhyun. Unexpectedly, he nodded his head. " What, why! " You exclaimed.

" I have singing classes tomorrow, why? "

You pouted. You wanted to spend the day with Baekhyun, maybe get him to bring you out and venture Seoul and show you some interesting places. * Damn it. * You thought.

You shook your head, " It's nothing. " You said unconvincingly.

" You can come if you want. " He said with a smile and you beamed, " Really? "

" Why not? I'll bring you out after that and you'll get to meet my friends! "

After a while more of talking, night soon came and Baekhyun had to say goodbye already. Before leaving, you exchanged phone numbers. " I'll see you tomorrow. " He left you with another smile. * If he keeps on smiling like that, my heart would keep on melting until it's gone. * You thought to yourself.

Once he was out of the driveway, you walked back inside the house and see your Appa getting a glass of water. You skipped over to him, " Appa~ " You sang. " Ah, Hyunjin. Where's Baekhyun? " He asked, pouring water into a glass.

" He just went back. I'm seeing him tomorrow again! " You smiled. " Ah, that's good. Get along more! "

" Of course appa. " You gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, " I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight. " You skipped up the stairs and into your room. That night, you went to sleep with a smile on your face.