Welcome back!

Who do I choose?

* I miss mum already. * You thougt to yourself as you looked out the plane window. It was a 12 hour flight from America to Seoul. It was Summer, school's out and you've got nothing to do. So this Summer, after many years, you decided to take a flight back to your hometown, Seoul, where your father was living.

After your parents seperated, your mother had brought you along with her to live in the States. You were young back then, you knew nothing. But what you know was that you had the closest relationship with your father. He was like your best friend. The two of you did everything together and you remembered all the good memories shared with him.

It's been a while since you last saw him and you missed him dearly. He had promised to pick you up from the Airport once you're plan had landed, and you couldn't wait any longer to see him.

Hours passed by and the voice of the announcer woke you up. You opened your eyes and looked outside the window again. A smile crept up your face when you realized that the plan had landed in Seoul. Many of the passangers had already alighted. You quickly slung your bag strap over your shoulder and skipped down the stairs of the plane.

After getting your luggage, you tried reading the directions that were on the boards. Even though you've been living in America for the past couple of years, you still had a hang on your Korean. Finally, you found the exit. You looked around to see any familiar figures.

Then, your heard somebody call out, " Hyunjin! " Without even looking, you'd know who the owner was.

* CURSE BEING SHORT!!! * You shouted in your thoughts as you tried tip-toeing to find your father.

You stopped when you saw him near, he was walking to you with a big smile on his face. Without thinking any further, you ran up to him and he caught you soon enough. Hugging him with all your might, you ignored all the stares you were getting from the passerbys.

After a while, he finally put you down and you laugh when he put a hand on his chest, the other on his waist. 
" Appa is already old, Hyunjin-ah. " He panted.

You shook your head and sighed, " Appa appa. You need to exercise more. " You joked. He walked over and kissed your forehead softly. " Welcome back, I've missed you. "

" I've missed you too! " Afterwards, you grab your bags and put them into the boot of Appa's car. He started driving off back home. You weren't sure where it was though. You dazed out the window as you let your appa drive. Then, out of no where,

" Everything here has changed, " He said. You turned your head slowly and raised an eyebrow. " It's all about the idols, the money, the albums, the this the that-" " DAD, Dad, I get it. " You stopped him.

After a while more of driving, appa stopped you in front of a huge house. Your mouth hung open as you closed the car door. " Appa.. when did you.. how.. eh? " You were dumbfounded. Appa smiled at you, took your hand and dragged you into the house.

The inside lived up to it's first appearance. You had no idea that your father was this rich though. You walked up a flight of stairs behind him, passed by a few rooms, then finally, yours.

" This is your room, " Appa said as he opened the door.

The room was amazing. It has white walls with plain splatter all over it, blue, pink, green, red, everything. There was a queen-sized bed leaning against the wall and facing it was a 40-inch Plasma TV attatched to the wall. Below it, were a stereo and DVD Player arranged neatly. At the side, the was a black study table. Out of all the amazing features, what caught your attention the most was the photos that were by the side of the room.

You walked straight to it. You smiled when you saw a framed photograph of you, your mother and father. It was before the seperation. Everyone had smiled in their faces and all three of you looked happy. Without realizing it, a tear had fell onto your cheek.

" Aigoo, did you come here to cry? " Appa walked into the room and wipped your cheek. You laughed as he pulled you into a hug.

" No more tears, okay? I want to see you happy here. " He whispered into your ear. You nodded softly at him and broke the hug.

" I've got some people I want you to meet, they'll be coming over soon. " Appa said and your eyes widened. You scratched your head, " Do I know them? "

Appa chuckled and started walking backwards to the door, " Of course. I don't think you remember them though. " He smiled and closed the door.

You didn't move an inch and just stared at the door. * Who is he talking about? * You wondered. You quickly changed into a pair of black slacks and a pullover. You washed your face and tied your hair into a messy bun. As you walked out of the room and skipped down the stairs, you heard some chit chat going on downstairs.

* THEY ARE HERE ALREADY?! * You panicked, then you heard your appa call you. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, * It's okay Hyunjin, they're just guests. *

You looked for your appa when you reached the ground floor and found him in the kitchen, talking to.... a girl? You walked closer to get a betetr view of her. Then you saw that she was in a uniform.

" Hyunjin-ah, this is Soojung. She's works here as a helper. " Your father introduced the both of you. You smiled widely at her and brought out your right hand, " Nice meeting you! " " Alright, I'll leave the both of you alone now. Tell her what you'd like to eat. "

Appa left you and Soojung alone. " What would you like to eat, Ma'am? "

" Ma'am? " You repeated. * Oh, I get it. * You finally realized. 

" Please don't call me Ma'am. Call me Hyunjin! " You said it slowly. She nodded her head with a smile. Soojung unnie had prepared a simple Ramen for you upon request. You wanted to feel the Korean in you all over again. As you ate your lunch, Soojung talked to you about what Appa has been doing so far, about places you could visit, about... boys?

" Hyunjin, do you know who's coming? " She asked as she put a plate back into the cupboard. You shook your head and rest your spoon against the bowl. " I didn't know I knew anybody else here other than Appa, " You said.

Then you heard the doorbell ring.

" Hyunjin-ah! Come to the door, our guests are here!" You heard your appa shout.

Your eyes widened, you weren't prepared for any guests but you still had to meet them anyway. You excused yourself from the kitchen and lightly ran to the front door where Appa was.