Apologies

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TXgfkQbgI

-----

The next morning, you woke up late. It was almost noon by the time you had woken up. *Oh gosh. I can’t believe I slept in so late at someone else’s home. It’s so rude of me. I shouldn’t intrude like this.* You scrambled out of bed and hurried out of the door.

You smelled coffee and pastries in the air. You went into his large black and white kitchen.

Jongjin was pouring coffee into two mugs. He glanced back and saw you. A warm smile came on his face. “You woke up?”

You ducked your head in shame, “Mianhae, oppa. I didn’t know I was sleeping so late.”

“It’s not a problem. I woke up just an hour ago, too. Here.” Jongjin held out a cup of coffee.

“Thanks.” You took a sip. The hot liquid diffused throughout your body, and a soothing, warm tingle ran down your spine. “Come sit and eat.” He sat at the table and motioned to the chair in front of him. You sat on the chair and picked a Cheese Danish to eat.

“How are you feeling?” Jongjin casually asked. “Better…thanks again, oppa. I need to thank Jinju and Yejin as well. They stayed last night because of me. I’m causing too much burden lately.” You sighed. “It’s not a burden. That’s what friends…and family are for.” He smiled. You smiled back.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

“Maybe that’s Jinju and Yejin.” Jongjin walked over to the door. You didn’t hear him greet them. Instead, it was silent. Curiously, you looked over your shoulder. *Is it not Jinju and Yejin? Who is at the door?*

“Come in.” You heard Jongjin finally say. The door shut, and he was back in your view. “Er, Haebin…there’s someone here to see you…” He uneasily glanced back.

*Who…?* Your eyes rounded when you saw the visitor. He was the last person you thought would come to see you.

Slowly, you stood up, “Kai…”

His eyes were somber and regretful. “H-Haebin…can we…talk…?”

You glanced at Jongjin. He smoothly stepped back, “I promised to call Jinju to let her know how you were doing. Go ahead and make yourself at home.” Jongjin went into his bedroom and shut the door behind him.

You looked at Kai. “Um…come and sit.” You led him into the living room. The two of you sat a safe distance away from each other. There was an awkward lull in the air. You cleared your throat in discomfort.

*What are you doing, Kai? You came here to apologize so do it!* He looked your way, “How…are you doing?” “I’m fine.” You answered. “Are you sure? I heard you were really sick last night.” Kai cautiously said. *You heard about me. You didn’t see me, did you?* Your shoulders fell dismally.

*Damn. I’m doing a terrible job of consoling her.* “Look, Star- I mean, Haebin.” Kai scooted closer to you. “I know I hurt you terribly for the past few days-“

You shook your head, “No, you didn’t. I was stupid for assuming that you would get over such a traumatic event in so soon. I didn’t consider your feelings and only thought of it my way.” You looked into his eyes with sincerity, “Kai, I’m sorry. I never meant to take you for granted. Like I’ve told you countless of times, you mean a lot to me. These aren’t just words. I mean them with my whole heart. Although I don’t love you as a man…I love you as a brother. You’ll be the closest one to my heart. You’re the only family member that is alive, and I don’t want to lose you. But if you want to go…if it makes you feel better…I won’t hold you back. You deserve to be happy, Kai.”

Kai softened. “You really are…something else.”

You gave him a curious look. Kai put his arm around you and drew you close. For a moment, you stiffened. But the familiar warmness you had felt with him before was back, and you loosened up.

“You’re a lot stronger than I am, Haebin and I admire you for that. You probably got that from our mom.”

Your eyes widened. *He said ‘our mom’ without any resentment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter