New Relationship

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPNp6ln-bg

-----

Kris and you floated downwards to your house.

You spotted a familiar figure walking in through the gate. Your eyes widened with hope, “KAI!”

He stopped short and looked up.

*He actually came back.* Kris landed on the ground.

You hopped out of his grasp and ran over to Kai. You were so glad to see him that you smiled brightly, “YOU’RE BACK, KAI!”

He glanced at Kris with resentment then looked back at you with hurt. *While I’m suffering alone, you’re here with Kris. Aren’t you affected by any of this at all? I can’t believe you moved on so fast.*

“Everybody was so worried about you! Come on! We were about to make dinner.” You grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the house. Kai glanced at your grip on him. It felt foreign to him now. Your touch used to drive him to the brink of insanity. And now he was trying so hard to fight those feelings, and it really was driving him insane.

“Hey, guys! Kai is back!” You called.

“KAI?!” Aliens ran out of everywhere.

“HYUNG!” Sehun ran over. He threw his arms around Kai and hugged him tightly, “Hyung, where’d you go?! Do you know how much we were worried about you?!”

Kai lightly patted his back, “I’m back now, Sehun.” You smiled. *Yes! Kai is back!*

Suho softly smiled and squeezed his shoulder, “Welcome back.” Luhan also squeezed Kai’s shoulder, “Yeah, Kai. Welcome back. We missed you.” “Welcome, gege!” Tao beamed.

Kai gave them a small smile. *I’m fortunate to have such good friends…* His gaze shifted towards you. *It would be even better if she was my friend, or something more, and not my sister. But then, you can’t have everything. I learned that the hard way.*

“We were about to eat. Suho, let’s make dinner.” You said. He smiled and nodded, “Okay, Star.”

You, Suho, Lay, and Chen went into the kitchen. You wrapped the apron around your waist and looked through the refrigerator.

D.O. came into the kitchen. He glanced at you then walked up to Suho. “Hyung, do you think Kai will be okay?” “Kai is strong. He’ll be okay.” Suho nodded. D.O. glanced at you, “What about Star?” “She’s strong, too.” Suho assured. *Seeing them now, they have so many similarities. They’re both strong, stubborn, and sarcastic. I don’t know why I couldn’t see them as siblings before.*

Dinner was fried rice and omelet.

“Can you call everyone, Lay?” You asked. He nodded and went to the living room, “It’s time to eat.”

“Come on, hyung.” Ever since Kai had returned, Sehun hadn’t let him out of his sight. Sehun dragged Kai into the kitchen and forced Kai to sit next to him. You set the food in front of Kai and sat next to him. “Eat a lot, Kai. There’s more.” He gave you a small nod but didn’t meet your eyes.

It was uncomfortable, but you were glad that he had at least returned. Dinner was awkward. Everyone attempted to talk, and everyone laughed too hard. It made Kai cringe. *Maybe I shouldn’t have come back. I should have asked the Professor to send me back to Exo. But that would really drive me crazy, knowing that she’s here with all of them, and I’m out of her sight.* Kai looked up at you.

You were spreading out the side dishes so that everyone could reach for them. “Luhan, can you pass me the ketchup, please?” He waved his hand, and the red bottle landed in your hand. “Thanks.” You spread it over your omelet and began to eat.

“Here, Star.” Baekhyun got you a class of water. “Star, you have ketchup here.” Chanyeol reached out and wiped the corner of your lips.

Kai grew irked. He had had no appetite to start with, but now he just lost his will to eat for energy anymore. It didn’t use to bother him when the other guys took care of you like that, because he knew he could also do that. But now, whatever he did for you had to be strictly platonic, and he hated that. *Everyone is allowed to be with her but me. Why is life so cruel?*

Kai couldn’t take it anymore. He pushed his chair back and walked out of the room.

Everyone froze and watched him leave. The door shut behind him.

Your shoulders deflated. Everyone’s expression changed also. *Did I do something to upset him? Poor Kai. He seems inconsolable. I wish there was something I can do…*

Suho could read your expression. He patted your shoulder, “I’ll go talk to him.” You watched Suho leave also.

Tao cleared his throat, “Mei-mei, can you get me some more of this?” He wasn’t actually hungry either, but he wanted to get your mind off of Kai. “Huh? Oh. Sure.” You took his plate and walked over to the rice cooker. You paused and glanced back. *I hope Suho will be able to comfort him since I can’t.*

Kai left the gate and stood under the lamppost. He exhaled shakily and looked up at the light, attempting not to appear weak and break down right there. *Get a grip, Kai. You’re stronger than this. Why can’t you just shake it off as bad karma and move on?* His heart spoke for him. *Because she is worth more to you than that. She’s nothing something you can easily let go. If she was, you wouldn’t have come this far to begin with.* A deep ache cut thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter