Promising Future

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOFLFfzlKT8

------

 

Kris and you were sitting a safe distance apart on the damp grass. Your fingers played with the long, wet blades of the grass. You glanced back at your dad’s grave and felt slightly comforted. It was like he was there with you. You quietly sighed and looked out at the endless rows of mounds below you. *I wonder if people come visit their loved ones often. I must be the only one that comes only once a year. I feel so bad.*

“It’s a rainy day. So why are you wearing a dress?” Kris asked.

“Why? You don’t think I look pretty in one?” You gave a little pout.

Kris rolled his eyes *Didn’t you hear me just a few seconds ago? I called you beautiful, you babo.*

You lightly laughed, “Just kidding. Mmm…I wore it for my dad.” Kris looked at you. You stared at your dress with a reminiscing smile, “I won’t dress up for any guy but my dad. But when he was alive, he hardly saw me in dresses. Whenever we went to eat at important places, I would always just wear jeans and a shirt. He would complain that I wasn’t ‘girly’ enough. Back then, I joked with him that he actually had a son. Now… I wish I had dressed up more for him. Although I would be mortified when he called me his sunshine princess whenever I wore a dress, it made him happy. I should’ve endured the embarrassment for his smiles. It wasn’t a big favor…”

Kris softened. “Were you really close to your father?”

You nodded. “We had to move a lot because of his unstable job so I couldn’t establish close friendships. My dad was always with me, and he was a cool guy to hang out with. He’s my best friend, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I could talk to him about anything and everything. He was a great listener, and he always had the best advice. I wish he was here now…he could help me with my disastrous college life.” Dismally, you stared at your hands in your lap. A big hand slipped over yours, and you looked up.

Kris’s deep gaze penetrated your soul. “You know you can always lean on me, Haebin-ah. You’re not alone anymore. I can help you with anything if you would just let me.”

You were moved, and lightly squeezed his hand, “Thanks. I’ll keep it in mind.” It was quiet for a few seconds. The silence wasn’t comfortable, but it wasn’t uneasy either.

Kris twirled the ring around his finger and anxiously glanced at you. *I wonder if she knows anything at all about Ara.*

“Haebin?” Kris called. “Hmm?” You turned your head towards him.

“Do you know anything about…about your birth mother?” He softly asked.

Your eyes rounded in surprise. No one had ever mentioned your mother before. “My…mom?”

Kris nodded, “Like where she came from or what she was like.”

You blinked several times. You had no recollection of her in your mind. You shook your head, “No, I don’t.” His shoulders deflated in despair. “She passed away right after I was born so I don’t know much about her except what my father told me. He said she was a stubborn woman, but very warm-hearted and beautiful.” You explained.

*Damn it. She really doesn’t know anything.* Kris thought.

“Oh! Actually I remember her name!” You said. His head whipped towards you, and his eyes widened with hope. *Please. Don’t let her have changed her name.* You tapped your bottom lip in thought, “I don’t know how I could have forgotten her name. It was simple, but pretty. Her name was Kim-“

Kris held his breath.

“-Ara.” You finished. His eyes flew wide open in surprise. Yet he was very pleased. There was hope! *Thank you for keeping your true name with Haebin. This will make thing easier.* Kris thought. There was a small smile on his face.

You snapped your fingers, “Hey!” He came out of his thoughts and looked at you. You suspiciously scrutinized him, “You’re not like…imagining inappropriate things about my mother…are you?”

Kris rolled his eyes, “I can tell you’re feeling happier a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter