Chapter 29

Crossing the Lines

The young girl swaggered back to her chair bumping into a few people along her way.  Her head felt light and the room seemed to be slowly closing in on her.  Giggling she dropped herself onto the seat and brought the bottle of beer to .  She felt good, very good, like she was flying through the air.  Who would have thought she would get this high feeling with only half a bottle of beer.  With a girly giggle she poured the rest of the beer down ignoring the splashes that dripped down her face and onto her clothes.  Through her haze she saw a blur of a man bending over her.  “Who are you?” she slurred, peering up at him for a better look.

The man chuckled and pressed a card into her hand, “I’m the owner of the bar.  Are you okay?” he asked softly.

The young girl nodded and without reading the card dumped it into her bag.  She hiccupped loudly.  “I’m feeling good,” she said with feeling then burst into a fit of giggles.  She felt the man sit down beside her and turned to look at him.  Although she couldn’t see his face clearly she had a feeling he was a cute just by the iness of his voice.  “Are you trying to pick me up?” she flirted coyly rubbing her shoulder against his chest.

The man chuckled again and said softly, “If I am do I have any chances?”

The young girl giggled some more then threw her arms around him, “Take me out of this place and I’ll show you a good time,” she whispered into his ear.  Beneath her arms she felt the man stiffen with excitement and she laughed softly.  She was helped up by the man and leaning heavily on him she allowed him to guide her out of the bar.  She couldn’t seem to walk straight and swayed every step until suddenly he stopped and pushed her onto the cold concrete ground.  “Where are we?” she murmured, finding it more and more difficult to keep her eyes open.

The man ran a finger along her jaw and said in a raspy voice, “We’re back at your place.”

The girl smiled dreamily, “Good.  I’m tired and want to sleep.”  She felt a draft along her body and shuddered against the intruding cold.  Wrapping her arms tightly across her body she asked sweetly, “Can you get me a blanket?”

The man laughed softly as he continued to undress her.  When she was completely he took out a small packet of pills.  He pried open with his fingers and unceremoniously dumped in several pills then clamped shut to prevent her from spitting them out.  When he was satisfied that she had swallowed them he eased back onto the balls of his feet to survey his work.  It didn’t take long for the girl to begin and writhing on the floor.  He watched her with growing desire as she ran her own hands along her body.  Smiling devilishly he hovered between her legs and ped his pants.

Through the drug induced state the young girl managed to open her eyes.  She stared at the man kneeling between her legs and smiled invitingly at him.

The man chuckled then spreading her legs wide apart her.

---------------------------------------

Raymond entered the house and was met by darkness.  He made for the stairs but Frankie’s voice stopped him in his tracks.

“Ray,” Frankie said, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

Suddenly the lights and Raymond squinted against the blinding brightness.  Seeing the serious expression on Frankie’s face he said, “I’m tired.  Can we talk in the morning?”

Frankie walked towards him, “This won’t take long.”

Raymond sighed and walked around Frankie into the living room.  He slouched against the sofa and waited for Frankie to speak.

Frankie sat down beside him and smelled the alcohol on him, “You’ve been drinking?” he asked with concern.

Raymond didn’t answer but merely nodded his head.  He closed his eyes and leaned his head back, “Please say what you have to say.  I’m really tired and would like to sleep.”

“Ray,” Frankie said softly, “Don’t do this to yourself.”

Raymond opened his eyes and looked at Frankie.  All the anger, the frustration and the tension that had been building inside him for days vented out.  “Why won’t she give me a chance?” he demanded angrily.  I know she’s not in love with Steven.  She can’t be, not if she can kiss me the way she did.”

Frankie patted his knee and said soothingly, “Perhaps she’s confused by her own feelings and don’t know how to handle them.  Give her some time to think things through.”

“You may be right but I hate knowing that she’s still with Steven,” Raymond bit out.  “Whenever I see them together I get… I get…” he trailed off as he punched at a nearby pillow.

Frankie studied Raymond for a moment then asked quietly, “You’re in love with her aren’t you?”

Raymond met Frankie’s gaze and responded with agitation, “Yes!  And it’s driving me crazy!”

“Give her some time,” Frankie advised, “Everything will eventually work out.”

“I hope you’re right,” Raymond said as he stood up.  “I don’t have much patience, especially where she’s concern.”

Frankie laughed softly at the comment.  “Get some rest.  You’ll feel differently when you wake up.”

Raymond nodded and slowly walked up the stairs.