" He had to be the other one "

[►]Dad hired a Bodyguard - Trapped!

 

New chapter out! Hope u enjoy it ^^



[D.H.A.B. #9]


I used to think that before she left everything was perfect. Was I that blind not to have noticed how ed up everything was? I felt my dad shaking my arm and asking me if I was fine. What a question!

Crying, running away was for the weak ones. Lay arrived just on time to pick me up and get me out of there. I looked at my parents and smirked " I'm goin' to have fun " That was what I was going to do. Showing off how beautiful my dress was and how perfectly it fitted me.


As she appeared I was blinded by her beauty and I wasn't the only one since I noticed a lot of others turning their heads to admire her. She looked stunning, breathtaking, jawdropping. That night she wasn't appearing cool and hot as her usual but delicate and particularly feminine. But I felt like there was something off since she was quite quiet and I also caught her absent-minded a couple of times. Even the full of himself Jaehyung appeared making a remark but he didn't receive any witty response. I frowned and approached her " Wow "

" Why that surprised? " she rolled her eyes and stumbled when Jiyoung hugged her from behind " Unnie, gorgeous as always " Nicole rolled her eyes and pinched her nose making her pout cutely. Cutie Jiyoung, she's the one I am with tonight. I'd have rather came with this cutie pie than someone I'd feel awkward with.


As we exchanged partners I was able to dance a slow with Nicole. I slid my arms on her tiny waist while she climbed on my neck and locked her hands. We were very close to each other that I could feel her heart pounding hardly against my chest. Or was it mine? I couldn't tell. I also noticed that she was avoiding to meet my eyes and I wondered why. For sure something has happened and I had a feeling that it had to do with her family. Uncle said he'd have dropped to visit her. I slowly felt her leaning her head down on me and put her arms down to my waist.


I didn't want to look at him because if I saw his reassuring eyes I'd have blurted everything out instantly. I just wanted to enjoy feeling his delicate scent, his breath brushing against my cheeks and his arms wrapping me. Everything about him was able to calm me and reassure me that it was going to be fine.

Suddenly I felt my heart tightening in my chest making it hard for me to even breathe. I felt like suffocating. What was that? I clenched my teeth tightly to gain strenght just enough to free myself and walk out. I inhaled and exhaled deeply feeling better right away. I rubbed my chest like trying to calm it and kept breathing in and out. Someone patted my head and when I turned there was Lay who put his jacket on my shoulders and went to stand beside me.

" I know that you can't stand me telling you what you should or should not do " he spoke softly and cleared his throat. I looked at him and a smirk curved on my face when I told him that knowing it didn't stop him from doing it. He chuckled covering his mouth with the back of his hand and nodded.

" I want you to be happy.... " he said lowly but firmly. He added that in order to be happy I should have left my past behind and just face the present. I saw him moving to stand in front of me and staring straight in my eyes. He reluctantly leaned down on my height and lift my chin.

" I want to make you happy.. I will make you happy " as he whispered that he pressed his lips on mine making me gasp caught off-guard. I had my eyes wide open watching his beautiful face under the moonlight and feeling his lips tasting mine.

---cCc---

" Jing " I called as I closed the main door behind me. I saw her hopping down the stairs and as usual throw herself on me. After a hug she looked at me and raised a brow giving me a questioning look. I figured  out that she was referring to the unicorn plushie I was holding. I told her that I went to the theme park with Lay and he won it for me. She smirked and shook her head " Cute but that's not you " it wasn't the first time she said that to me.

 

Jiyoung didn't approve of Lay because he was changing me. She said that I was becoming someone I didn't want to be and added that Luhan was the one who she'd have approved of. Whenever I reminded her that he was taken she would cross her arms on her chest and grumble " Whatever.. "


That night when Lay kissed me I was about to respond if Luhan didn't interrupt us saying that there was someone looking for me. When we went back in there was no one but I shrugged it off and just took a seat. Luhan did the same and I unknowingly started telling him what was happened before coming there.

I told him that I had a twin and I was determined to find him with or without my parents help and approval. As expected he showed me one of his reassuring smile " Count me in "

We went to the hospital where my twin and I were born. There I asked with what name he has been registred but luck wasn't with me and I was told that the registration got lost. Despite this rough start I didn't give up, I'd have found another way.


" I'm going with you " I screamed and took off his earphones. He turned to look at me dumbfounded and I repeated what I just said. I was going to go with him to Beijing.

Lately he has been quite bothered, stressed. Whenever I asked him if there was anything wrong but he just shook his head and forced a smile. I'm a short-tempered person and once I ordered him to tell me what was his problem or he'd have regretted it. I knew that threatening him wasn't really right but I had to.

He told me that Seungyeon was being hard to be reached and that whenever they talked it was really awkward. I suggested him to go back to Beijing and see her but he said that he couldn't leave me like he did before.

---cCc--

As soon as we landed I rented a car which she decided to pick. She wanted a cool one and of course that meant expensive. I was telling her about the story of our country and pretty much explaining her what she was seeing but I knew she wasn't listening to a word I was saying though she kept on her " Eum " pretending that she was paying attention to me.

She was too focused on taking pictures of people, streets, buildings but most of all of herself. I was watching her carefully from the corner of my eye and I was amazed by how really proud and satisfied of herself she was. She had that mischievous confident smile. She took pictures of me too and I tried my best to avoid it. Quite useless since I learned that when it comes to her I could never win.

As we reached home Nicole ran towards my mom who was quite shocked. She surprisingly hugged her and asked her where the bathroom was. My mom chuckled and gave her the instruction before approaching me and squeezing me into a tight hug making it hard for me to breathe " I can't breathe " I struggled.

She released me and pinched my cheeks then turned when she heard Nicole's steps coming back. She checked her from head to toe and grinned " ah, you're so cute " Nicole raised a brow and said that cute wasn't really a term that suited her and that she didn't like to be defined that way. My mom chuckled and hugged her " cute " she repeated with the widest smile I've ever seen on her face.

I then asked her about Seungyeon and told her that the reason of our sudden visit was indeed her. Her happy expression faded. She literally froze and suggested me to give her a call before going there.


I was behind Luhan when he pulled out his keys and opened the door of Seungyeon's place. I honestly didn't know what I was doing there. I wanted him to come here alone but his mom insisted for me to accompany him. As Seungyeon saw us she froze. Like what's wrong with these people? I wondered.

None of them spoke or did anything and the impatient person I was I decided to break the ice " Seungyeon, how are you? You're cooking.. Good cuz I'm really hungry " I approached her and greeted her properly before checking on what she was cooking. Just then the both of them greeted each other and forced smiles curved on their awkward pretty faces.

I wasn't stupid and I knew that something there smelt fishy. Cheating? Drama? I was expecting it to come soon.

Indeed not too long after we heard the main door closing and a man appeared. I supposed it was her dad who also froze seeing us. This reaction was getting annoying as hell! Behind him there was a guy. A hot one with a toned body. He had to be the other one.  My theory has been confirmed to be true.

Her dad politely greeted Luhan and I but there was a long awkward silence and confused stares going on between the 3. Why do people like to play this game of wondering? Just talk and you'd know what's going on in the others' minds.

Once again I was the one losing it and making the first move. When I saw the scared Seungyeon who was biting her bottom lip and was about to burst into tears I climbed onto Luhan's arm and said that we were there because I asked him to bring me to my friend  Seungyeon " But we were leaving.. it was nice meeting you " I used a cute tone and flashed the most credible smile while feeling a complete idiot inside and pushing Luhan out of that place.

Doing so I avoided for more awkwardness and eventually a scene to be made. I pretty much saved the both of them from a bad situation. Yeah, I proudly took all the credits. I got on the car and heard Seungyeon coming out " You gave up on us when you took that plane back to Seoul " was the only thing I heard clearly.

It seemed that the guy's name was Hyeongkon and the 3 of them knew each other since years back. When Seungyeon fell on depression because of Luhan's departure he readily comforted her and now she was pregnant of his baby.

Stupid reason for a ed up situation. Maybe I should've felt guilty since I was the reason why Luhan came back to Seoul after all. But I didn't. Call me selfish but I think that him leaving her here was just an excuse. She wanted to be with that Hyeongkon and she did.


He was driving fast, really fast and even ignored the stoplight. Indeed when a car came in full speed I saw the death right infront of me for the second time " ya! Want to kill me? " I yelled and brushed off the arm he put on me to keep me from going forward and eventually hurt myself.


As we got home his mom was waiting for us and from our expressions she knew that what she feared happened. We bowed our heads and passed by her heading to our rooms.


He was coming out of his room when I finished using the bathroom. I passed by him quietly but I heard him stopping on his tracks in front of the bathroom door. I turned to check and found him looking at me. I raised a brow cluelessly while he reluctantly made his way to me. I was staring at his eyes trying to figure out what was going through his mind but all I could see was confusion and pain.

He reached for my wrist and held my hand " Thanks for trying to help out earlier.. and sorry for the car, I should've been more careful " his voice was very low, almost like he had to force it to come out.

I just nodded and tried to free my hand from his grip but he didn't let go. What's with him? I wondered. It was the first time seeing him like that. I swallowed and made another try to free myself yet failed again. He slammed me on the wall making me gasp startled. Luhan? I narrowed my eyes. I could see in his eyes that he was scared and surprised of his actions too.




Guess what's coming next? XD

CR: owner