" Take care "

[►]Dad hired a Bodyguard - Trapped!

 

Lay :D


[D.H.A.B. #5]
 
We were having dinner when someone knocked at the door. Jiyoung went to open and came back with Kikwang following her behind. I frowned and looked at Nicole who just shrugged. Her dad invited him to join us but he declined saying that he came to pick Nicole. The man looked at her daughter who got up and reached her boyfriend. Uncle heaved out a sigh then motioned them to leave " Go and be careful "
 
I was taken aback and it seemed that he noticed it as he reassured me " Don't worry, she has been quite good lately. She deserves some freedom and you too.... Though I'll keep my phone close " if she eventually got in any trouble.. and a laugh aroused.
 
 
Seungyeon and I got back at the hotel. She went to change to the bathroom and I sneakily grabbed my phone to dial Jiyoung's number. I asked her if Nicole was back or if her dad received any call but she said that when we left she locked herself in her room and knew nothing.
 
---cC---
 
Seungyeon has left two days before and I wasn't feeling well. Before leaving she told me how hard it was to be apart, how insecure she was going to feel now that she saw Nicole and got to know her.
 
I still had clear in mind her teary eyes and trembling lips when she said " But I love you and  I trust you " She wasn't asking me to leave with her but letting her take that plane alone was really difficult.
 
These two days I've been thinking thoroughly about what I should've done. It was stressful and painful. I couldn't eat and sleep well because of that. I looked at Nicole and saw how things between us have been improving. We were closer and learned to understand each other well. Leaving now would've meant throwing everything to waste.
 
On the other side there was Seungyeon. The girl I truly loved and wanted to be with. I really couldn't imagine myself being with someone else. I missed playing with her at games and falling asleep listening to her sweet soothing voice.
 
We reached home and as I stopped the car Nicole has opened the door and was about to get off when I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back on her seat. I was startled by my own action and quickly left her free. I was confused and nervous that I started to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply. Maybe this was a sign, maybe I just made my decision.
 
An awkward silence filled the car. She was looking straight at her front nervously bitting her bottom lip when she suddenly spoke " I understand.... just leave " her tone was flat and low, almost whispered. I tilted my head and saw her usual cool and calm expression but I knew that deep inside she had that deep sadness and disappointment in her.
 
 
That morning I woke up early as I had to be at the airport around 10. With the help of her dad and Jiyoung I put all the luggage in my car. Everything was ready but I couldn't leave without seeing her. I walked upstairs with my heart pounding hard in my chest every step I made. I was about to knock when she opened the door and appeared half-awake. She rubbed her eyes and blinked " Are you leaving? " I nodded reluctantly.
 
" Take care " she said and went to the bathroom.
 
Good-bye, Nicole.
 
---cCc---
 
It has been a week since I was back to Beijing. I was really happy to be at home again with my family, friends and Seungyeon. Just then I've realized how much I've missed everything and everyone.
 
Once in awhile I happened to think about Nicole. I wondered what she was doing, what kind of trouble brought her in detention and if Kikwang was treating her right. It was something that I couldn't control: the thought of her kept on sneaking in my head.
 
I reached for my phone and dialed Jiyoung's number. She answered not long after and knew that I was about to ask her about her sister. She heaved out a sigh and without waiting for me to say anything " Everything is still the same: people calling me to ask me about her "
 
She said annoyed. It must have been annoying indeed. There were some people being with her and talking to her just because she was Nicole's sister and could answer questions about her. I was being one of them and I felt sorry " I'm sorry " I apologized sincerely.
 
" I can't tell you much but unnie is not in a good condition right now " said that she hang up leaving me with a bunch of unanswered questions. I need to help her. I immediately said to myself but who was I kidding? I was far. I left her.
 
---cCc---
 
It was early in the morning, a couple of days after his departure. Kikwang was driving me home after a whole night spent partying when my phone rang because a message arrived. Since I was tired and sleepy I didn't bother to read it but Kikwang misunderstood and thought that I was hiding something from him. I tried to explain myself and I even took my phone to show it to him that it was just Min who informed me about getting home safely but this didn't convince him.
 
He said that he could feel that something was wrong with me since I've been distracted the past few days. Maybe it was Luhan's departure that distracted me, I didn't know but he accused me of cheating on him.
 
" You're an unfaithful b*tch, Nicole!! " he yelled at the top of his lounges. He grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. His eyes were filled of anger " Cheating on me, I'm going to kill him!! " I pushed him away and opened the door but he was faster and grabbed my hair to pull me back on my seat.
 
" Where are you going, hu?!? After all I've done for you!?! " I clenched my fist and punched him straight on his face.
 
The next thing I knew was that he lost control of the car making it lurch and crush against another one coming in full speed.
 
I woke up at the hospital with my head aching and my whole body wounded. As I turned I found Kikwang on a wheelchair next to my bed. His face was bruised while his arm had a cast.  He was holding onto my hand tightly and he was crying hardly " I'm sorry, please forgive me "
 
He was the last person I would have wanted to see after what's happened yet he was the only one there with me. I knew this wasn't ok, this wasn't healthy for the both of us. We kept on affecting each other in the worst way possible: dragging down each other deeper and deeper, putting each other in the most dangerous situations. 
 
We've surpassed the limit though. We didn't risk just our lives but others' as well, a family to be exact. Fortunately, it went well for them and differently from us their wounds weren't that serious.
 
 
A week passed from the accident and both of us have just been dismissed from the hospital. We forced to fake smiles and held our hands tightly trying hard to keep tears from falling as our wheelchairs were pushed by our parents.
 
Kikwang has finally decided to go on rehabilitation. Seeing the death with his own eyes made him realize that he has really reached his limits. He was going to get rid of his drinking, drugs habits and come back as a clean, better person.
 
It was hard for the both of us. After all these years, after all we've been through we were going to part. He forced himself to stand up and leaned down on me " My life " he whispered as he wrapped his arms around my tiny waist. I was going to miss him and I still loved him despite everything.
 
Despite everything we still wanted each other, we still needed each other, we still loved each other. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt his heart. It was beating fast and hardly, almost digging my chest. His body that I was hugging tightly was shaking. He was nervous and scared " I can't live without you " he said between his tears falling in my bare shoulder.
 
" You're my life, N "
 
---cCc---
 
Three weeks have passed since Luhan left and it was still weird not to have him around. More than a week have passed since Kikwang went to rehab and I was missing him a lot. Everyday seemed to be extremely boring and frustrating. Adding to that I was still walking with crutches.
 
I was picking some books from my locker when I felt someone crushing against me making me fall on my " ing sh*t! "
 
" You shouldn't say bad words " I glared at that someone bumping into me. I was about to stand up but my ankle made it hard. The guy noticed it and drew out his arm to reach for my hand but I brushed it off and stood on my own.
 
" You should be nicer to people around you "
 
" And you should stop telling me what I should or shouldn't do, know-it-all " I shoved him with my shoulder making him stumble and walked off to my class. What an annoying guy..
 
 
 
I snapped out of my daze when I felt someone patting my head " Hey sleepy head, class dismissed " I turned and found the guy that bumped into me earlier. I ignored him gathered my books. Why is he here? Who is he?
 
" I'm Lay " I heard him walking behind me. I groaned and faced him " No one asked you "
 
" You're Nicole "
 
" I know " I know my name. What does he want? Where did he pop out from? That guy was weird. He rolled his eyes as if he was reading my mind. I made my way to my locker and as I was about to place back my book they fell on the floor. I cursed at the edge of my patience. The guy quickly picked them up and handed them to me. I smirked and grabbed them without saying a word. I supposed he was some kind of fanboy/stalker but I didn't ask him as I didn't need really care and I wasn't scared, after all I've been through I think there was nothing much that could scare me anymore.
 
" You're the type of girl who likes to act though yet is weak "
 
" I don't like to be defined " I said firmly. He didn't answer but just looked straight in my eyes. I looked at him from head to toe. He was not that tall but he had a slender and tiny figure. His skin was pale and so his lips. I knitted my brows curiously. That was indeed curious: his features were similar to mine. I shrugged.
 
" You better stay away from me "
 
" But I don't want to  " he said nonchalantly and seeing me speechless a small grin curved on his face.
 
 
Lay was weird. I didn't know if he was deaf, stupid or what. He kept on following me around nagging at me about how to behave. He was very insisting, very annoying. Even when I made it clear to him that his behavior was something I couldn't stand, he still didn't get it. He told me that he was following me because he wanted to take care of me and help me since I was going through a hardtime. He added that instead of complaining I should have been happy that someone has taken such an interest on me. He told me that he knew deep inside of me there was a very nice and sweet girl and that he was determined to bring that out. Lay was definitely weird but what was even more weird was that I couldn't bring myself to get really mad at him or hate him. Despite him doing things I couldn't stand, I've never seriously tried to kick his out of  my life.
 
I didn't know why but I felt like he was someone I was familiar with, someone I've known for years. This put on me an odd curiosity and maybe it was this unusual feeling that made me keep him with me. We're quite similar after all and I'm not talking about just our features but our interest like singing, dancing, playing instruments and eating a lot of snacks. Last but not the least, we were born the same day 91/10/07. Curious, wasn't it? But I just shrugged it off. It must've been a coincidence.
 
---cc---
 
I was standing in front of that door for about an hour already pacing back and forth nervously while wondering if I've made the right decision. There was no one at home, maybe that was a sign telling me to leave and go back to Beijing. I just grabbed my bag when I heard a car stopping.
 
I turned and I saw Nicole getting off while waving her hand to the guy on the driving seat. The guy smiled and helped her closing the door while she was dealing with her crutches. She's walking with crutches. I told to myself as I started wondering what could have happened to her, who did that to her and most importantly if I could have protected her if I was with her. She saw me and stopped walking, maybe taken aback. She made her way to the door passing by me without saying anything.
 
" Let me help you " I approached her trying to get her books from her hands but she threw a glare on me and I stepped back. As she opened the door I followed in. Everything seemed to be the same as I left it. It has been a month. I breathed in and felt the scent of that big beautiful place.


Ready to read ur commnts, leave lots ^^