" Sorry.... for everything "

[►]Dad hired a Bodyguard - Trapped!

I'm trying to end this as soon as possible ^^



[D.H.A.B. #18]


I was quietly resting in a corner with my legs crossed. I was seriously dead tired and my feet were aching because of the high heels I've been wearing since this morning. I drowned a glass of wine as I watched Seungyeon talking with Hyeongkon. Even though she didn't sleep in the past few days and has been busy with preparations she still had such a big bright smile stamped on her face. It was true that she was really happy and I suddenly recalled the conversation I had with her the other day.

We took  a walk to catch some fresh air and have a moment for ourselves leaving the boys and her friends at home.

" Are you happy, for real? " I suddenly asked. She was obviously caught off-guard that I saw her gasping and biting her bottom lip. Maybe I've been too straightforward but I really needed to know it.

I mean, just months ago she was Luhan's girlfriend. She loved him wholeheartedly and bragged how perfect they were for each other. She even added that it wasn't going to take long before they could get married and have a lot of babies yet now she was going to get married and having a baby with another man.

I couldn't help but think that she was forced to marry Hyeongkon because she was pregnant of him and even if she didn't love him she didn't mind since at least he loved her for real and was never going to leave her like Luhan did. How could she fall in love with someone else in such a short time? I questioned myself.

She looked up to the sky and heaved out a deep sigh. She was just putting her words together before telling me that she felt that way too at first. She thought that she couldn't love anyone else after Luhan. She cared for Hyeongkon but didn't love him yet and most of all would've never thought that they could get married. She said that she was thankful to him for being nice and supportive of her.

But looking back at the years they've spent together as friends she figured out that he has always played a big role in her life and that she couldn't imagine her life without him. She just took him for granted for a very long time and just now realized that Hyeongkon wasn't just an ideal partner and father of her baby but he was someone she needed and made her happy.

" Yes.. I'm really happy. Actually I've never been happier " her words.

She then shifted the topic to me. She started saying that our situations were quite the same. I used to love Kikwang a lot and I was probably wondering if I could ever love someone else like I loved him. Freaking true.. She went on saying that Lay wasn't the one for me. Despite him being a nice guy and taking care of me she couldn't understand why he was trying to change me since I was fine the way I was.

" Who makes you happy, Nic? "


I walked over to her and stopped right in front of her but she didn't notice me. She seemed immersed in a deep thought. I leaned down on her height until my face was just inches from her. Just then she flinched and gasped surprised " You.. " I heard her stuttering. I frowned wondering what was that. It was like she was answering some kind of question.

" Let's dance "

She looked really beautiful in dresses. I remembered how perfect she looked that night at the spring prom. I wished she could wear them every day. I was holding her waist tightly while she had her hands locked behind my neck. Once again I caught her spacing out " Hey.. Is everything ok? " I whispered softly trying to get her attention.


" Could I ever love someone like I loved Kikwang? " " Who could make me happy? "

These two questions were stuck in my head. To the both of them just a face appeared in my mind. It was the face of the person I was dancing with. I swallowed the hard truth as I looked up to him. He was watching me with a curious and worried expression.

" You're keeping in touch with Hanna " I suddenly blurted. A mischievous grin appeared on his face. He knew that I checked his phone or I wouldn't have known about him and his so called friend. He nodded and confirmed that he was indeed keeping in touch with her which irked me a little. He said that she was really nice, a good listener and someone fun to be with.. as if I needed to know it.

" You know... someone told me that I should get a life and make new friends " that hit me hard. I glared at him and strongly hit his chest. He wasn't wrong though. I was indeed the one who told him all of that but it was annoying as hell that he was doing that for real even after I explained him that I wasn't thinking straight at that time. Actually I didn't know if he was doing that because I told him so or just to annoy me. I could tell that he had some kind of satisfaction to see how interested I seemed to be in his lovelife. Was I? Yes, I was.

" That someone has taken everything back and you still.... "

" Eh? "



I wanted to dig on it more but we were interrupted by a girl who appeared and asked me to dance. As much as I wanted to stay with Nicole and keep with our conversation I didn't want to be impolite and offend the girl so I was about to nod and accept her invitation if I didn't hear Nicole objecting.

" No "

" Why? Please let me dance with him once.. you're not dating, right? "

" No " this time I was the one saying it. There wasn't supposed to be anything wrong with that since it was true that we weren't dating but I felt Nicole dropping her arms on her sides after saying " Eum, we're not. You know what, dance with him for the rest of the night " said that she bowed her head cooly and left.

---cCc---

" Uncle.. " he said as he knocked at his door.

Mr. Jung looked up to him and was surprised by such an unexpected visit. He took off his glasses and placed them on the paper he was working on. The last time he saw Kikwang was at his parents funeral. He patted his back and told him to be strong. After that he just heard that the young man has inherited everything of the Lee's. He was still young but already had a lot of responsibilities.

He shared a good friendship with his family. They were both happy seeing their kids dating. When the two started changing they were worried but never really tried to keep them apart. They knew they loved each other and would've eventually found the right way together. They often even talked about  marriage. That was until the two didn't risk their lives and Kikwang got into rehab.

As a dad he got really worried and gave out a sigh in relief when he knew that Nicole wasn't going to be with him anymore. Time passed and it seemed that his daughter was slowly changing. She was also happier despite the problems his ex-wife and him gave her. He had to admit that Luhan played a big role in it and was really thankful to him.

" Kikwang.. what a surprise " he spoke as he made his way to him and shook his hand. The younger nodded and pulled him into a hug politely asking how he was doing. They both took a seat and Mr. Jung ordered his secretary to bring them some coffee.

He was really curious as of what brought Kikwang there but he couldn't ask him directly and just waited for him to talk about it.

" Nicole is looking for her twin " he suddenly blurted. Mr. Jung who was taking a sip of his coffee spitted it out. He quickly placed it on the table and grabbed the tissue Kikwang handed to him. No one knew about it. How could he.. He asked himself. His eyes were wide in shock and so many questions were popping out his head. He wanted to say them all out loud and eventually get some answers but he was just so shocked and confused that he couldn't make his mind from where to start.

The truth was: he looked for his son too. It was a couple of years back when through his connections he found out that he has been adopted by a Chinese woman and that he has been raised in China. He contacted the woman and started sending him a certain amount of money monthly. All that he asked to that woman was the name given to the kid and if he was fine.

Since she reassured him that he grew up as a hardworking and responsible man. He was thankful and happy. Zhang Yixing. He mumbled in his head. He has never tried to talk to him nor to meet him. It was enough for him to know that he had someone who took care of him. He was also too busy with his company and seeing how Nicole grew up with him. It was better to leave things the way they were.

Nicole is looking for her twin. He repeated. It was surprising but not that surprising. Maybe she didn't grow up that badly after all. She was actually a better person than him and his ex-wife put together. A bitter yet proud smile curved on his face.

He listened to Kikwang who seeing him speechless started telling him how he found out about it. He explained that since he took charge of the Lee's he learned a lot about business and the business men who worked with his dad. He also got a lot of connections and one of them knowing that he was closely related to Nicole and her family informed him about their past. He said that he was really surprised but what surprised him the most was finding out who was that twin.

" It's actually funny, uncle. This world is really small " the younger chuckled with some kind of mischievousness and evilness.

---cCc---

I carefully crawled on the top of her and placed my hands on her sides. A smile curved as I saw her sleeping deeply. It was the only time she looked peaceful and defenseless. When I her hair she opened her eyes which widened at the sight of me " want to me? " she asked bluntly rubbing her sleepy eyes. I chuckled and shook my head. Not that I would've mind but no, that wasn't the reason why I came here.

" Still mad? "

" I wasn't mad " she retorted as she turned to look away from me but I didn't buy it. I knew better and made her look at me again making her swallow wondering what I was up to.

" Sorry.... for everything " I whispered softly.

When Seungyeon came to me looking for Nicole I told her what was happened and that she did left already. She smacked my head as she asked me why I didn't go with her and if I was dumb not to notice it  but I was still clueless and looked at her curiously hoping for her to explain what was actually it.

She pinched my arm making me flinch and let out an ouch as I rubbed the spot in pain. I wondered since when she got so violent. Anyway she told me that I couldn't expect Nicole openly admitting it or showing it because she was.... Nicole. Since I was the man and I had to man up and act.... that's how I got here.

With that sorry I meant it for different reasons. I said sorry for letting her go earlier and dancing with that girl. I said sorry for being clueless and not understanding her. I could've have worded it differently. I could've said more but I knew that was enough for her to understand.

" Idiot " she mumbled and I nodded agreeing on it to the fullest. She then gripped on my shirt and slightly pushed me before telling me to leave because she wanted to sleep but as I informed her that I was going to sleep with her I dropped myself beside her.

" I'm tired and sleepy " she made it clear with her brows knitted. I chuckled as I figured out what she was fearing. I leaned to kiss her cheek and gave her a reassuring smile " I won't do anything tonight, promise " said that I drew out my arm and she moved closer to lean on it. With the other arm I wrapped her waist and pulled her against my chest completely closing the distance between us.

I had my heart thumping hard that it was about to explode. For the first time ever I felt like an elementary schooler that had butterflies in his stomach just being with his crush. This wasn't a just a crush though. I was really happy that I was sure I fell asleep with the biggest smile stamped on my face.



Next might be the last chapter -- ready?

CR:owner