" You have a brother.. actually a twin "

[►]Dad hired a Bodyguard - Trapped!

 

Hello new pips! :D



[D.H.A.B. #8]


I had a glimpse of her face just to see her usual blank and cool expression. What was I expecting anyway? That was Nicole and she never openly showed her feelings: happiness or sadness. But I could still tell how confused she was in that moment and how devastated. She headed to her room and I wondered if I could help in any way. I just followed her and there I was sitting beside her. The only thing I've been able to say.. or better whisper was " I'm here ".


How should I have reacted? Maybe I should've hugged her. Just no. No matter what the reason was, she still has left me: her daughter. What surprised me was the story of my dad and his family. I've always knew that my dad loved his work but I also thought that he has always loved us more. Mom and I. I thought he just changed after she left and Kangwitch came to our lives. I heaved out another deep sigh and I tilted my head to face Luhan's back. He has been quietly sitting here for awhile " I'm here " he just said. His presence and his few words.... they have an effect on me, a positive effect.
I didn't feel alone and I was relieved by it.

I slowly got up just to be shocked by my own action as I moved to position myself behind him and I reluctantly leaned my shoulder then my head on his back. What I just did? I bit my lip in disbelief. I could tell that he was taken aback as well as I felt him jumping a little. He was surprised and confused just like me. I was afraid in that moment that he could do or say anything and I didn't know how I could have reacted. Fortunately he didn't and I thanked him inside of me for understanding me and not putting me into awkward situation.

I've realized that Luhan was one of the few people who could really understand me. He didn't ask me questions I didn't want to hear, for example. He didn't tell me what I should've or should've not done, another example. He knew how to deal with me which was really rare.

---cCc---

During dinner there was an unbearable tension. At least that's what I felt seeing N expression. She was about to explode and that's exactly what's happened when her dad started talking about his work.

" Is that why you chose it over your family? " she blurted.

In that moment I knew I wasn't the only one feeling the tension anymore. Uncle eyes widened and as he dropped his fist on the table making Kangwitch and Jing jump startled he asked what? when? where? why? about her mom so loudly that the whole neighborhood must have heard it. Nicole stood up and hit the table with both of her hands answering the same way. A terrible fight between father and daughter. Jiyoung and I were sent to our respective rooms from where we could still hear everything clearly. There were also glasses and plates being thrown. I hope she doesn't get hurt. I thought to myself feeling the urge to go down and check on her but I've got a hold of myself. I heard her dad asking how could she all of a sudden take the side of someone who has left her for the past 6 years. She accused him of being selfish just to think of his company and letting it ruin his own family. The fight ended with Nicole walking out and locking herself in her room after slamming the door behind her.


It was almost 3am and as I tossed and turned I still couldn't fall asleep for how much upset I was. For some odd reasons I knew that Luhan wasn't sleeping as well and I had the confirmation of it when he suddenly knocked at my door. I bet he has been standing there for awhile wondering if he could or could not knock. Probably with his hand hanging ready to open the door. I jumped off my bed and leaned my ear on the door " I don't want to open it " I said straightforwardly and heard him chuckling " Ok, then I'll stay here " said that I heard him sliding down to his and so I did.

Just like that we spent the rest of the night.

---cCc---

The following days I kept in touch with the woman who gave birth of me. She texted me, called me and came to pick me up at school. She was pretty much trying to start over while things with my dad didn't change from the night we fought. That's how I took the decision to move in with her. I was still upset with the both of them but at least she actually cared about settling.

Dad has taught me how important the family was and how to never forget to respect them. I used to take it in consideration but seeing how things have turned for him, I decided to put his lessons aside. What made me think twice though was Luhan who when I told him about it was clearly against it, even if he tried to hide it and there was also Jiyoung who ran after me to the car and begged me not to leave " Unnie " she climbed on my arm tightly. I hugged her and kissed her cheeks after asking for her understanding " I need to leave for awhile "

---cCc---

" Who's the lucky one? " Hara tapped my hand to get my attention. I raised a brow wondering what she was referring to. When I figured it out I rolled my eyes and shrugged. She has been bugging me ever since the spring prom has been announced. She kept on asking me who was going to be my date since Kikwang wasn't around. It was annoying as hell..

There were a bunch guys who invited me like Kim Jaejoong, a sunbae that I didn't like. He was known to be such a ert. There was also Kwon Jiyong, someone I had a dance project with but I didn't feel like going with him. He was one of Kikwang's worst enemy. Then there was Choi Minho who was a classmate of mine. He was a nice guy and maybe I could consider him. As I was mentally listing them I suddenly heard Jiyoung blurting " Luhan oppa is going with her " From the corner of my eye I could see Luhan getting flustered and so I was. We avoided to meet each other eyes and I pretended not to have heard anything.

Actually I considered Luhan too since he was one of the few I was comfortable with but he hasn't asked me yet and maybe he had someone else in mind. I heaved out a sigh when a sweet melody caught my attention and the others as well. We all turned and not far from us there was Lay playing his guitar. He started singing and I realized that he was actually singing to me. His eyes, his voice. Everything was sweetly melting that a lot of girls started giggling and whispering among themselves. At the end of the song he carefully put down his guitar and made his way to me " Will you come with me? " I bit my bottom lip and glanced at Luhan who was looking at me waiting like everyone for my answer. As I said many times Lay was someone I've spent a lot of time with. He was someone.... I was still making up my mind when Hara wrapped me in her arms " Yes, she'll definitely go with you! N, he's the right one " she giggled and kissed me on my cheek.

---cCc---

Maybe it was because of my mom who was trying really hard to make things work, maybe it was Lay who spent most of his time nagging at me, maybe it was Luhan who was always there checking on me.. fact was that I didn't get into trouble as much as before. I got in detention whenever my teachers caught me sleeping in class. But like really? That wasn't that bad. Not a reason to send someone in detention. I supposed that punishing me became some kind of hobby for them.

Whatever.. even if I was quite behaving, Luhan was still my bodyguard. He still picked me up every morning and even at school we were together. Jiyoung helped a lot in this because she was the one who often dragged him along to my table and after all I didn't mind anymore for others to know that we were.... that we knew each other.

" I heard that a bunch of girls have proposed to you " he nodded quite flustered and said that he was feeling like a girl too since he was the one being invited and not the other way round. He added that he would have gone with me to the spring prom " You're the only one I'm comfortable with after all, Jing aside since she's like my little sister " I gasped surprised and bit my bottom lip to compose myself.

So he doesn't look at me as a little sister. I thought to myself. I felt relieved that I was about to give out a sigh but I didn't want to be obvious. Just think of what kind of idea he would've gotten. I was happy because even I didn't look at him that way. He was my fallen angel.

I dazed off when I noticed him sighing and it wasn't a sigh of relief " What's wrong? " I asked. He shook his head and reassured me with his sweet smile but I insisted and he told me that it was being hard to keep in touch with his girl as she seemed to be always busy.

" She's just busy.. You shouldn't worry.. You're.. made for ea-each.... o-oth-ther " I didn't know why I started stuttering that I even had to clear my throat because my voice wasn't coming out.

---cCc---

" Dad " I whispered as I opened the door. I didn't talk to him since I left home but the other day he sent me through Luhan a beautiful dress that I was wearing in that moment for the prom. It was really beautiful, every single detail was perfect. I wouldn't have changed anything and I couldn't ask for more. I was surprised because my dad who didn't spend much time with me still knew me so well.

He looked at me from head to toe and smiled widely " My baby has grown up into a beautiful lady "

" What are you doing here? "  I heard my mom voice from behind. Dad answered that he wanted to see me, his daughter. He emphasized. I could feel the tension and I knew that a discussion was about to explode.

" So sometimes you remember that you have a daughter too " she remarked and what I was expecting happened. Dad raised his voice defending his work and the company. He said that he has been taught to work hard for the family and make sure not to make them miss anything. He added that respect for the family was very important and that despite his lack of time he loved me more than anything and that he would have never left me like she did.

" What an hypocrite.. Talking about family and respect when your family ruined our family. Be honest! "

" Since you're all about honesty tell her the truth.. Or you want me to say it for you? " he threatened and clenched his teeth. My mom expression changed immediately. She shut and nervously bit her bottom lip. I was confused. What truth? My mom left us because his family has never accepted her and he chose work and the Jung's over her.

" You have a brother.. actually a twin that I gave away when you were born because I didn't want him to go through what your father did "



others are missing in the comments, wer r u ? xd

CR: owner