CHANGES

THE GIRL THEY LOVE

 

CHANGES

 

*****


Contrary to their first meeting, she became very supportive of him. One glance in her direction during times of frustrations and mistakes he done while practicing and even during writing song would calm him and make him feel stronger.

 

Then the Bigbang had their debut.

Everytime they won an award he send message first or call her before dashing back to his teammates to celebrate with them. She was his lucky charm.



“You’re going to win awards, then become the most famous boy band in Korea and in the whole Asia then would go international..Your songs will be heard throughout the world.” she would say in that endearingly prophetic manner of hers. “I can just feel it.”

He was touched every single time he heard her saying the words, because it used to be only his dream. Now, he had someone to share it with.

 

Sudden fame.

He didn’t count on the possibility that it would cause the first crack in their relationship.

As she predicted, they became a hit. Along with it, swamps of offers of endorsements from different companies, meetings, press-conferences, concerts, interviews, and a whole new set of ‘friends’ – most of whom were girls from every bar that they do the partying every night.

 

Their names were known throughout the whole entertainment industry in Korea.

 

They were celebrities – He was celebrity it didn’t happen overnight, it took a lot of hard work, which was why he enjoyed it greatly.

 

He would be lying if he said he didn’t. He was changing, transforming into a different person, and he couldn’t stop it.


Before he knew it, dates with Dara had to give way to matters revolving around his present, and oftentimes he would cancel on her at the last minute. He didn’t have the time to hang around with her anymore. Instead he’s busy drinking and partying all night and meeting up with a lot of people.

 

She understood the first few times he bailed out, but very soon he came testing her limits.

“But you’ve promised me…,” she said flatly while they were talking outside her room.
She was dressed already.. simple yet she still look dashing.

He wasn't. He was wearing casual jeans and a shirt, with a cap shoved backwards on his head.

“I’m really sorry, Dara, but I can’t get out of it.

Even T.O.P hyung are coming along. There’s this one bar that we’ve wanting to try to explore– ”

“Jiyong, it’s been 8 months already that we hadn’t had celebrated our monthsaries.”

“Please understand Dara.”
“I do understand Ji. I am also in the industry… We’ll be debuting soon as 2ne1. I just can’t take that you’re not giving me calls anymore or even bothered to send me message. Though we’re just so near but you treat me as if I’m not your girlfriend anymore.”

There was a moment of silence.

 

Jiyong knew along what he has been doing to Dara.

 

She expelled a sigh and closed her eyes. “I sure hope your new friends aren’t tagging along in this exploring of yours.”

“Why not?” he asked, taken aback.

“You know I don’t like them. ”

“Aww, not again,” he answered with obvious irritation, running his fingers through his hair, sending the cap to the ground.

She leaned against the doorway to block the argument they were having in case the other 2ne1 girls wandered off near them. “They’re a bunch of cocky, no- good boys. They only like you because you’re popular. They don’t really care about you. I can take the GIRLS, Jiyong, but not those brats,” she delivered in a rush.

Her words stung. He bent down angrily to retrieve his cap. “You don’t know them,” he told her.

“And I don’t know you.”

Just then, Minzy appeared at her back, smiling kindly at Jiyong. “Hello, Jiyong-oppa! What brings you here?”

“He just wants to invite us to attend on their concert next month.” Dara, her eyes never leaving his. “.”I already said that we will.. of course.” .facingMinzy with a smile.,,, Trying to control her emotions and the situation.



The 2ne1 had also made their debut. Of course, they were a hit.

Despite her schedules and despite what he the things he had done to her …she still managed to give him messages and never fails to give him words of encouragement in her txt messages.

Jiyong sometimes replied back .. but most of the times not.

 

It’s okay.

She understands that he’s busy. She understands that they had a dangerous relationship.

 

It’s hard. But she loves Jiyong. so much

 

 

 

 

The following week, she was sitting at the bench of their practice room with the other 2ne1 members. She was watching him with the other bigbang members practicing their new dance steps.

The two of them had to patched things up, but somewhere in his mind, it occurred to him that neither of them had mentioned a word about an apology.


After their practice.. She saw him busy on his cellphone. Someone is calling him. He sat down and glanced at the floor, but from the corner of his eyes, he saw Dara staring at him.

 

Their eyes met.

(“Do you have time? We just thought it would be a great idea if you can join us,” his friend said on the other line.)

 


“Where to?” he found himself replying.


(“We’re going to have a little joyride, maybe even drink a little. You know, see some girls,” his other friend told him.)


Jiyong just laughed.

 

He then ended the conversation.

 

He then moved forward and sat beside her.

 

He pretended to be busy on his phone.

 

“I have to go now. I should rest early.  Sorry if can’t go with you today. I’ll make it up to you.” He whispered.

 

“Is it okay?” G-dragon continued.

She shrugged as he hurriedly took off his wet shirt and flung it inside his bag.

 

“If I say no, can I stop you?” Dara whispered back.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll just tag Bom along. She would help me in shopping new clothes.” Dara continued.

The fresh shirt caught on his nose on its way down, and for a few moments, the two of them held each other’s stares.

 

Finally, she looked away and he finished dressing. “I love you Dara” He said as he leaned and pretended to fix and tie his shoelace.

He didn’t waited for her reply.. he immediately walked away, bid goodbyes to the other bigbang members and made his exit.

 


***


“Don’t tell us you have a girlfriend, G-Dragon." one stunning lady giggled.

“It would break our little hearts.” Her companions nodded their assent, smiling and showing a lot of pearly white teeth.

What else could he say to that? “No, I don’t have one,” he offered, matching the sweetness of the girls’ expressions and wondering why sweat was snaking down his back. A few minutes later, a perfumed paper with phone numbers written on it was handed to him. He grinned as he tucked it safely inside his pocket. Girls were coming on to him faster than he could even handle.

However, he wasn’t prepared for the one girl standing not three feet away from him, her hands hanging limply by her side.

“Dara,” he whispered incredulously.

 

“What are you doing here, I thought you’re going to the mall with Bom?”


“I lied, just like what you did a while ago. You said you'll rest early. And you said that you don't have a girlfriend.”

His eyes traveled over her, taking in the simple elegance of her black short dress, her long soft hair hanging down bouncy and curving her beautiful face and creamy neck.

 

“I mean, last time I checked, you had a girlfriend, right, Jiyong?”

Loosening his tie, he sought for answers, but she spoke again.

 

“What’s happening to us? Things aren’t the way they used to be. I don’t understand you anymore, and I doubt you understand me,” she said slowly, her voice barely audible above the commotion in the bar.

“Maybe I simply don’t need a girlfriend right now,” he responded, his hands balled into fists inside his pockets.

“I see,” she murmured as she turned to walk away.

But he wasn’t about to let the two of them end this way. He caught up with her, clasped her hand in his, and looked intently at her face until she met his eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. You don’t know how much I hate myself right now. It’s just… well, my feelings for you haven’t changed, you *know* that, just as you know the other girls mean nothing to me. But we’re both growing up and it seems that it’ll be hard for us if we continue our relationship. I know there’s Seven-oppa and his relationship with Han-Byul-noona.

But it’s hard for me. I don’t think I can handle our relationship anymore.

 

It’s hard seeing each other like we always do. I’ll meet more people, and I’m sure you will too. It’d be quite selfish if I just keep you all to myself, ne, especially now that I’m making you unhappy?”

“Jiyong…”

“You’ve been wonderful, Dara. You know how much I love you and care for you, and you’ll always be my baby girl. But, at the moment, I think we’d be better off without each other. It’s hard having a secret relationship.”

 

 

 

She was giving a valiant effort not to cry, but a few drops had slipped from her lashes. She untangled her hands away from his hold and reached up around her neck. “Then I guess I don’t have the right to wear this anymore.”

 

 

***

 

The necklace she then remembers

A beautiful necklace with a heart locket..

inside it was their picture…. Jiyong’s first birthday gift for her.

 

***

She avoided meeting his startled eyes as she placed the necklace on his hand, then closed it with a light kiss. “Bye. I’ll be seeing you around, ok?” was all she said before walking away from him.

 

 

 

***


Jiyong felt the necklace bite into the flesh of his palm as he tightened his grip and closed his eyes. It still pained him every time his mind took him on a journey back to the mistakes he had done, to the people he had disappointed and hurt. If only he hadn’t wasted so much time….

He rose off the bed, unwrapped the towel from his body, and started getting ready for their appointment.

 

***

 

 

************

T_T drama neh? poor Dara.. tskkk.