THE ART OF LETTING GO

THE GIRL THEY LOVE

 

BOM’S POV

 

We ended our dinner fast and left immediately.

We decided to go home early.

I can’t focus because I can feel there’s something wrong.

We are worried about Sssantoki. She’s weak and easily hurt.

 

 

She’s the one supposed to take care of her and protect her. She’s been like a sister to her ...to them.

 

If Jiyong will hurt Dara once more, he’ll regret it. I’ll make sure he’ll regret it.

 

They arrived at thier dorm. There’s still no Dara present around or on her room.

 

After we have change our clothes, we all gathered in the living area.

We’re waiting for our Sssantoki.

 

And there she was..

She opened the door.

Feeling so down and weary.

 

She was soaked up in wet.

 

“Ssantokkii! What happened?!” I asked her while approaching her.

The two followed.

She then hugged me.

As if I know what happened to her.

“Sshh.. Don’t worry. Everything will be alright.” I hugged her back .. Doing the best I could to assure her that everything will be alright like it’s supposed to be.

 

The two hugged us also. Giving all the warmth and love to our Sssantoki..

“Dara-unnie..I’m really sorry.. “Chaerin said while crying.

Minzy is also crying.

 

Then our dear Sssantokii cried. She was crying so hard.

 

I was controlling my tears not to fall; I have to be strong for Sssantokii.

 

 

 


JIYONG’S POV

          That brief second that their eyes met, he had still hoped for a chance. But when she had decided to rush out after Tabi, Jiyong recognized defeat. Dara didn’t realize it, but with that simple gesture, Jiyong knew she had made her choice.

He just didn’t know what happened afterwards. He was left alone in the restaurant with only his thoughts to look after him. Did she admit everything to Top? Did they fight? Is she alright?

 

 

He couldn’t sleep the night after the incident.

He was worried in Dara. He’s been trying to call but she’s not answering her phone nor a single reply of text message.

 

He woke up early and went to the girls’ dorm trying his luck to catch up and talk to Dara. He must know if she’s alright.

 

He saw Bom-noona and Minzy went out and started walking.

They then saw him and approached him.

“Good morning.Can I see her?” Jiyong with his cute face.

“Uhmm, she’s going out soon. Just wait for her. She told us everything last night. She really needs comfort. “ Bom-noona said.

“Be good to her oppa, she’s sick.” Minzy said continued their walk with a sad face.

 

 

Then she saw Chaerin with Dara.

The two stopped.

Dara not facing him.

“Hi Jiyong-oppa. I’m sorry about last night. I really didn’t mean to. I just want to help you oppa and Dara-unni.” Chaerin said.

Dara let a weak smile on her face shows.

He knew her so well that just by looking at her now, he could tell something was troubling her.

She was just putting up an effort against it, trying to hide behind her strength.
 “It’s okay. Thanks anyway,. He replied.

Then Chaerin smiled back and left the two behind.


Moments later, walking quietly with Dara at his side, helping carrying her bag.


“My bag must be heavy.”she broke the silence first.

He answered with a grin. 

 

“I don’t really notice.” When she averted her gaze to the ground, he found the boldness to plod on.

“Dara, about yesterday….”

“I don’t really want to talk about it, Ji.”

She almost never called him by that name anymore, which is why it was always sweet to his ears when she did. But that didn’t satisfy him now.

“What happened?” he persisted.


She continued to walk, faster this time, even distancing herself from him. He noticed that her shoulders were shaking, but as he caught up with her long strides, he discovered she was actually in tears.

Without thinking, he reached out to touch her face.

“No.”

“Please, just tell me what-”

“I said *no,*Ji. I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Damnit! Will you stop and look at me?” he snapped, catching her arm. “You can talk to me. I’m here. I’ll listen. Don’t you know me at all?”

She made no pretense of hiding her crying now. Drops of tears clung to her jaw before they fell to her blouse. She looked so vulnerable, that all Jiyong wanted then was to take her in his arms.

 Instead, he took her hand gently, an apology on his part for his bruising manner earlier, and led her to a bench in the hallway. He still held her hand in his when they were already seated, their bags lying by their feet.

“Ji,” she said softly after some time. “I do owe you the truth. I owe both of you the truth. But it’s not exactly easy.”

He fished out a clean handkerchief from his pocket and touched it to her face. “It never is.”

She let him wipe the wetness from her cheeks, and he tried not to notice how the flecks in her eyes were made clearer and bigger by her tears. When he pulled away and folded the handkerchief, he heard her heave a deep sigh.

“He hates me,” she began.

“That’s ridiculous. Tabi can never hate you. He’s madly in love with you.” *And so am I,* Jiyong added, but only to himself.

Dara sniffed, shaking her head. “He’s had a change of heart. I can’t blame him. After what he heard me say in last night, how can I?”

“So you were lying. You really had something going on between the two of you.” At her quiet nod, he went on with the more difficult question.

“How long had it been going on?”

“It was just a kiss.”

“No, not that. I meant… how long have you had feelings for him?”

Those large pools of deep brown met his eyes. He read the answer in them even before she opened to answer. “A long time, I guess.”

“And you hid it from him and from me.”

“I think you know why.”

Jiyong shut his eyes. “And what about Tabi? Does he know… about us?”

“I tried telling him yesterday,” she whispered, her voice breaking down, followed by a fresh batch of tears. “But he wouldn’t even give me a chance to explain. I don’t know. Maybe it’s better this way.”

He smoothed the hair sticking to her forehead while she wiped at her tears. She didn’t mind, for which he was pleased. “What do you mean it’s b-”

“Ji,” she drew out his name. “It’s better this way, I don’t want to hurt you or him or anyone else.”


He felt ashamed and guilty for the things she had to do just because of his pride. He placed his hands gently on both sides of her face and pulled her closer. “But you’re the one hurting.”

“So you’re willing to let him just slip through your hands? You’re willing to give up that much?he continued.

She bit her lip and nodded.

“Jagiya,” he whispered, running his thumb over her smooth eyebrow. “Don’t make the same mistake I did.”

A single teardrop trailed its way down her cheek. The silence said more than words could.

Much later, standing in front of her doorstep of the girl’s practice room, Jiyong remembered the many moments he and Dara had shared on that exact same spot… holding hands, kissing, laughing, or just embracing. He hadn’t done this in years, and it was strange that he found himself with her now, under such a situation.

 

“Thanks for everything Ji.” She looked up and stared at his eyes.

 

He cupped her face on his both hands. And kissed her forehead.

“No problem. Bye Jagiya. ” He said and left Dara.

 

TOP’S POV

 

Last night was a mess.

He thought of having maybe a good night of his life but turned out a different one.

After our rehearsals with the live band. Jiyong approached me in the dressing room.

I was seated next to Youngbae and Seungri.

Jiyong then giving the signal to the two to go out the room.

And the two getting the idea, they left the room immediately.

He sat beside me.

"I guess this means you two didn't work it out."

"No."

"I thought everything would be alright if you guys talked things straight. She *did* follow you yesterday, you know,"  Jiyong said, playing with the drum sticks that Seungri carried from the rehearsal studio.

His eyes trained on the man beside him.

"Yeah, yeah. But there was nothing left to talk about. I heard everything. I heard everything clear. And how do you think I felt, huh? I worshipped her more than anything, I even got the idea to introduce her to my mother, I damn near convinced myself that we can have a future. That we can have a relationship. And then I found out she was just playing me for a fool.For some time, Jiyong , I wasted time chasing someone I didn't even know. Or I thought I did."

"You didn't give her a chance to explain."

"And what could she possibly have told me? I don't want her apologies, excuses, and most of all, her pity. I've been a loser for too long. I just think it'd be best for me to try and get over everything. Get over her."

Jiyong's reaction was a raised eyebrow. "You sure you want to do this?"

Top nodded, his jaw set. "Of course, I know I'll still think of her once in a while. But it'll pass."

"What if I tell you something that just might change your mind? Something she was supposed to tell you yesterday but couldn't?"

"Listen, you've done enough. It's just my damn luck I overheard those things."

Jiyong stopped his playing and straightened up. "Top hyung, *you* listen to me. If I were in your shoes, I'd feel the exact same way. But I'm not, which makes me see and understand things differently," Jiyong said, watching Top steadily.

He breathed deeply before continuing, "You might want to know, I visit her early this morning. And she’s...”


Jiyong saw a look of alarm flash across Top’s face before disappearing quickly. "Why? What's the matter with her?" Top asked, pretending some disinterest.

"I thought you just said you don't want anything to do with her anymore."

Top shrugged, leaning his back to the sofa..closing his eyes.

"I know what I said. But I also know it will need a little getting used to. Until then, I can't help it if I still.."

"I see. "

"She’s sick right? Tssk. It’s my entire fault; she chased me and soaked wet when the rain poured down."

"Well, she looked just as bad as you do now."

Even though Top eyes were closed, Jiyong could tell how the news upset him. The tall man ran his fingers through his mint blue green hair, in deep and serious thought.

"I know what you're thinking, Tophyung, and you're wrong. It wasn't guilt. It was something else. If anything, the one who should be feeling guilty is right here on this room with you."

As expected, his words brought Top around with a confused look on his face.

"She wanted to tell you the whole story yesterday. But in a way, I think its better that I should be the one to tell you. This is actually long overdue. Are you willing to listen now?"

"I don't understand," was all the bewildered Top could say.

Facing Jiyong.

His left hand fishing for something in his pant pockets. With a sudden movement, he passed the object straight at Top.

 


Top directed the thing on his palm, his eyes widening when he saw that it was Jiyong's thin, silver necklace. This time, it had a heart-shaped pendant. "What the -?"

"Just open it," Jiyong said.

Making quick work at the clasp, Top's fingers unlocked the pendant. At first, he did not realize what he was staring at, he froze and felt his throat constrict painfully.

He was looking at a picture of Jiyong and Dara who had her head resting on his shoulders.

"“I knew it! I don’t want to believe it at first. But hearing it from you.. it all make sense.” he roared, more to himself than to Jiyong.

Jiyong’s gaze didn't falter. "Tophyung, she used to be with me. She was my girlfriend."

He didn't fight it when the taller guy charged at him, grabbed the front of his shirt, and pulled him down to eye-level. "When?" came the question with barely-controlled rage, confusion, and shock.

"Training days."

"She was the ex you told me about?!" Top said through clenched teeth. "*She* was the ex?" he repeated, backing Jiyong up against the hard surface of the wall.

He released his tight grip on Jiyong and slammed his fist against the wall, on a spot right next to Jiyong’s head. The chain of the necklace bit into the skin of his tightly closed palm, but the pain was more than welcome. He was breathing hard, his mouth open, his mind running in different directions..

 

“You could have told me earlier Jiyong! I thought we’re friends!” he shouted.

“I’m sorry!”

He’s so angry.

"You bastard! All this time I had no idea!" he whispered hoarsely.

"I didn't know anything at all! I didn't know anything – not until last night. I convinced myself so much that what I heard was not true. " sitting back to the sofa. Leaving Jiyong on the floor.



"Damn you, you had it easier! I knew everything!" Jiyong shouted.

 


"I wanted my girlfriend back and you didn't even have a slightest idea you were standing in my way!" Jiyong pushed Top, hard. "I had to watch the two of you everyday, wondering if she was falling for you too. I had to listen to you talk about her. I even had to give you advice when you needed it." With every word he said Jiyong's face contracted into a grimace.

 

 

"All this time I had to act like nothing was wrong, so don't go talking to me about *your* problems!"

Top stared at the necklace and the deep marks it left on his palm. He opened the pendant once more, and squeezed his eyes shut.



"You've been lying to me all along,," Top said in a low, tight voice.

 


"I didn't ing lie to you!"

Tabi cradled his head between his hands, eyes shut tightly.

 

He was visibly shaking.

 

 "Why didn't you tell me any of this before? What am I? A a ing puppet or or a frigging plaything? Huh?" He shouted out the last question.


Jiyong reacted by grabbing both Top's shoulders and slamming the taller guy to his seat.

 

Top gripped the leader’s shirt, their faces inches away from each other.

"You want to change places, is that it? Huh, tough guy?" Jiyong blinked away the stinging sensation in his eyes.

 "Because I'd gladly trade with you. You hear that? I'd gladly change places with you!"

For a moment, Jiyong wondered how satisfying it would feel if he just rammed his fist into Top’s jaw.

But after seeing the same look of anger in Top's eyes, he just rammed his fist into the wall,  on a spot beside the taller guy's head.

"Everything's different now because of you. Because you entered the picture, because you came along. But lemme just tell you, you're not even close to what she and I used to have," he told Top slowly, his voice cracking.

"Did you know I used to call her Jagiya? Yeah that's right. I beat you to that."

Tabi remained still on his seat, breathing heavily.

"Did you know that she hates noisy people in movie houses. that she loves home-made ice cream. her favorite fruits are  apple and mango, she loves cookies and cream ice cream.

"Did you know that. that. that she keeps her journal in her pink table in her room. and that she sleeps on a big pink bed? Did you ever notice that she has this. this habit. of tletting her tongue out when she's amused, and. and doing the ET sing when she’s nervous?”

 


“Have you noticed we have so many outfits and accessories in common? Huh?- "

"Shut up!" Tabi yelled. Her voice echoing the room. "Just shut up," he added weakly, almost begging.

But Jiyong was beyond stopping.

 "Have you even met her family? Do you even know them? Or do they even know you? Have you. Have you two ever danced in the rain like silly kids? Just have a. a plain good time under the rain? Have you ever fallen asleep in her arms? Have you seen her laugh so hard she gets teary-eyed?

"Don't you see it, Tophyung? You were right. You don't even know her."

A long spell of silence followed. The air in the room had become heavy. They both felt drained and worn out, having confronted each other with the things they had kept to themselves for so long. They both tried to swallow back the tightness that was welling up in their throats.

Jiyong then sat beside Tabi.

Both exhausted.


"I don't want to fight anymore, okay, and I know you don't want to either," Top said. "I've put our differences aside before - it sure as hell wasn't easy - but I'm willing to do that again. For her."



", Jiyong. Let her go. It's been years."

The taller guy's only response was to look away.

"For some reason, I don’t want us to fight. And I hope nothing will change," Top admitted.

"We're not much different, you and I. We're in love with the same girl. And we've both hurt her." He continued.

Tabi paused again. "I can't match what you and Dara had, if that's your point. That's history. That belongs to the two of you alone. All I'm asking. I guess all I'm asking is that you give me the same chance to be with her as you had," Top said, his features downcast.

"How can I get to know her. how can she and I start something if you won't even let us?"

Even though Jiyong showed no reaction, Top could tell that his words hit home.

"I can't guarantee she'll be as happy with me as she was with you, but I'll try.

 I'll give it my best shot. I don't want to make her cry any more than you do. This," Top stopped, his hand sweeping over the entire room, disarranged sofa and table beside it. ". is the reason why she kept us in the dark.

 It makes sense now why she did what she did - the last thing she wanted was for something like this to happen. That girl knows our egos much too well.."

When the leader still refused to respond, Top inhaled deeply, shaking.

"Deep down, I know you agree with what I'm saying. Otherwise, you wouldn't have come here tonight to tell me that -"

"Let her go?"

Top blinked.

"It’s been almost years," Jiyong repeated Top's words earlier, as if hearing them for the first time. "Two years I think."

Jiyong had nothing else to say. The truth was sometimes too painful to take in all at once.

Jiyong laughed with a sound that had nothing to do with humor.

"You know what, maybe you do know her. You sound just like her when I talked to her this morning."

Jiyong stood up , facing Top.

"What matters here is what she wants. And well, for some reason, she wants you," he said, a faint smile teasing the corners of his mouth and his forefinger directed at Top. "She moved on, I didn't. That's my problem."

He shook his head and wiped at his face.

"I'm sorry. For the things I put you through. I just couldn't get over her then.

I thought I could still do something to make her choose me. But now I realize that you win."

Jiyong combed his fingers through his hair.

"I guess I'm happy, even though it hasn't sunk in yet, because I know she's in good hands."

He turned to leave, apparently for him the conversation was over, but Top called out his name.

"Beer might help."

"What?" Jiyong turned around.

"I said - "

"Yare yare. I heard it. Forget it, alright? I don't want you for a drinking buddy tonight, you of all people."

Top chuckled and a beat later, so did Jiyong The tension was cut.

"Wait a sec," the rapper continued, shifting his footing, uneasy with what he was about to ask. "How can you say for sure that she still wants me? I mean, I. I turned her down and didn't even listen.."

Jiyong walked on without looking back until he reached the door. Grasping the knob, he faced Top with a sad smile.

"I know because yesterday - and damn you for making me say this - when she said your name.. she had a look on her face that I once saw for me."

Top felt warmed by Jiyong's answer. He watched quietly as he opened the door. "Hey, thanks," he said over the sudden gust of wind.

"Yeah, shut up. Just take good care of my Jagiya, got that?"

He nodded. "Got that," he whispered.

The door closed behind Jiyong's back, leaving Top to think about what happened, and what will still happen. He glanced down at his hand. He had forgotten to take back the thin, silver necklace. Or had he?

 

***********

303835_10150305004726914_200768526913_80

JIYONG'S POV

 

 

 

"I talked to him last night."

"Oh, I'm willing to bet it was more than just talk," Dara said, biting her lip, not daring to glance at Jiyong.

"Darn it. I hate it when you're right," Jiyong grinned, squeezing the hand that he had been dying to hold again, and was glad when she let him to.

"I'm always right," she returned.

"Is that how you feel about your decision?" Jiyong could have kicked himself.

He merely wanted to continue their good-natured sparring, but when she withdrew her hand from his, he knew he should have just shut his mouth. "Sorry. I didn't mean to sound as if - "

She shook her head, cutting him off. "Just tell me you're okay, that you're not -"

"Not what? Hurt?" he finished for her, looking straight into her eyes.

But he was the first to break the contact, choosing instead to focus on the spot of setting sun over the window in one of the hallway of YG buidling.

There are few staffs passing by but they didn’t care.

 

"Actually I am. But more than that, I'm happy because you're happy."

She surprised him by inching closer to him, resting her head on his shoulders. Somehow, warm and sweet as the gesture was, it seemed more brotherly than anything else.

He closed his eyes and slid his right arm to hug her. "Remember the gift I gave to you on your birthday?”

 


"Yeah.  I mean. the necklace?"

"Wow, you still remember. I thought you've forgotten."

"How could I? I look good in that picture."

Jiyong laughed. She was the only girl he knew who could match wits with him.



He sighed, and she felt it vibrate from his body to hers. "We were such a great team back then, weren't we?"

Lifting her head from its place on his shoulder, she leaned towards him until the tips of their noses touched. "We still are, Jiyong."

"I was a lousy boyfriend and an even lousier ex. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't able to take care of you, that I made you cry so many times, that I broke more promises than I kept."

Dara drew away from Jiyong, and for some moments, watched her reflection in his sad eyes.

"I was a real. . to you and to Top. I did a lot of things I know I shouldn't have, but I guess I just did them because. because I loved you too much. I still do. Isn't that scary?."

She smiled softly, "You'll get over it," she whispered, as he reached out to gently hold a lock of her hair.

"Maybe. I hope so." He tucked the strands behind her ear.

"Who knows? You could easy get a girl in any minute. And you could fall in love with her."

"Nah," he drawled out, laughing at the idea. "Not yet. I need a break." When this was met by only an amused stare, Jiyong saw an issue to pursue. "But for argument's sake, won't you feel a bit jealous if you start seeing me with another girl?"

"Well.." Dara faltered. "That's none of my business now, isn't it?"

"I said for argument's sake. And don't give me that safe answer."

She slapped his upper arm playfully. "You are so conceited."

"You're still stalling."

"Fine," she conceded, crossing her arms in front of her chest in a look of feigned annoyance.

"Fine what?"

"Maybe. maybe a smallest hint of jealousy. But that's it."

 

Jiyong tweaked Dara's nose, laughing harder when she slapped his hand away. "You, Jagiya, are so fun to tease."

She frowned. "You are so full of ."

He pretended to be scandalized. "Where did you learn that kind of language, young lady?"

"From you."

Jiyong opened his mouth in protest, but thought better than to dig a deeper hole for himself. As usual, he didn't quit when he was still winning.

"Besides," she went on merrily. "You won't be going anywhere on a date anytime soon.You’re leaving for your world tour concerts."

The reminder sort of put an end to their light bantering. Things had to be ironed out between the three of them before they left off, 2ne1 on their new album and them on their world tour. They couldn't possibly carry on well with all the unresolved tension hanging in the air.

Jiyong shrugged, which Dara knew was a sign that he was about to tell her something serious. "I had to show him our necklace yesterday."

Her eyebrows drew together in the middle. "What did he say?"

"You sure you want to hear the glory details?" he asked, his eyes half twinkling and half wary.

"No, I guess I don't," she conceded after a while, an expression of swallowed curiosity marring her features. "Uhhh, why do I always end up with darn troublemakers?"

"Because we're just as darn good-looking?"

She pouted. "Not quite the answer I'm looking for. Try again."

"Because of our magnetic personality? Hey, admit it. Who can resist a bad boy?"

She let that pass and he knew without her saying it that he scored a point there.

"OK, seriously," Jiyong said soberly after a while, studying their interlaced fingers.

"I think it's because no matter how bull-headed and stubborn we are, when we fall for a girl, we mean it. It always hits us hard, and suddenly we don't know why, but we become. different. We want to become better persons. We end up doing things that would normally make us cringe, but since it's for that girl, we do it feeling. great."

This time it was Dara's turn to squeeze his hand. "Keep talking. I'm listening."

"You just don't have any idea, do you, how big a hold you have over me. and Top, for that matter?"

"I think I'm just beginning to see it," she admitted, blushing.

"Jiyong. I need to know. uhm. he's alright with you, isn't he?"

"Who? Tophyung?" he asked needlessly and nodded a second later by way of an answer.

"He's a good guy," he told her, running his fingers through his unruly hair.

"Do you think I'd let you get away with choosing some nobody over me?"

She stepped closer, planting a slow kiss on his right cheek. "Thanks."

"Hey, you better get going now.Find him and talk to him."


Dara walking .. waving at him and smiled.


"If in any case it doesn't work out with Top, you know, I'm here." Again, she laughed.

And as his eyes settled on her walking away, it just dawned on him that the next girl that would be coming along in his life. had a lot to live up to.

 

 

 

 

 

196432_194416950592004_126925807341119_5

 

 

251538_10150245154311914_200768526913_75

 T__________T Sorry DARAGON. I'll make it up to you. I'll make a DARAGON long fanfic tooo... I SWEARDALOOO! XD

 

TABISAN FOR REAL ON THE NEXT CHAPTERS! WHEW! 

 

TABISAN TABISAN TABISAN!! :)) THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.

THERE ARE MANY WHO PICKED TABISAN. SO THIS IS IT! FTW! :)

 

 

 

 

HAPPY 3RD ANNIV. 2NE1! <3

21dara_7677956384499214624.jpg?w=540