LOSING

THE GIRL THEY LOVE

8

 

 

 

TOP’S POV

 

          Tabi focused his eyes ahead to the person in front of him, as if interested in what Dae is talking to him but it remained flat and lifeless. The next destination of his eyes was the girl sitting not far from him in the canteen of YG building, her head bowed down, her hands diligently doodling something on her notebook.
 
Did he do something wrong? Why was she avoiding him?

This morning, as well as the past few ones after the day they kissed, he had come but a few steps near her and felt ice slaps his face.

After what happened between them the other day, it was to be expected that they would at least spend some more time together, that he would drop by their dorm and walk with her around the YG building.

But he always learned from Bom-noona or Minzy through text or call that they or she had already left.

Inside the recording studio and even the corridors of the YG building, she did her best to stay away from him, refusing to meet his eyes, exchanging clipped words with him. He might as well have been a fly on the wall. Even phone calls and text messages were useless – there was always a reason why she couldn’t talk to him and wouldn't reply even a single text.

It almost made him doubt if they really had that wonderful, passionate kiss. Almost.

Tabi buried his face into his palms and groaned silently. Maybe she was scared. Or maybe this was part of the bargain– that no one should know yet because of the stupid dating rule and he was simply being a poor paranoid idiot. Or maybe she changed her mind and regretted their….

Why would she pick him when she has so many fan boys to select for?

He couldn’t stand it. It was better when the two of them had still been playing mind games with each other, when the flirting was something he looked forward to very much. At least then, he could be with her without having her shrink back. At least then, he knew where he stood.

Now he was thrown way off course.

 

DARA’S POV

 

She’s unwell but she’s not sick.

There are just so many things that trouble her mind and her heart.

Maybe she’s just tired.

Despite of that, she must hide these feelings and trying to put up her usual jolly mood for her work, for the group, for the fans and for herself.

She heard her phone rang, she answered her through the speakers.

 

“Hello Dara.” A husky deep voice greeted her.

“Tabi?” she lost her mind. She didn’t notice who’s the caller.

She heard him let go of a y chuckled. “I’m glad you answered it. Knowing you I thought you’re not gonna answer it. Lucky me.”

 

“Oh, haha.” That was all she could reply.

Why oh why?! Tabi you are such a .... she almost cursed because of a certain that makes her heart go in panic and he’s talking to her right now on the phone.

“Are you busy right now? Hmmm..I just want to make sure that you are alright.”

“Oh!,” she gulped.

 

“I’m fine.” she laughed.

“Aahm,, I’m on my way to our dinner date with the girls, you know, Sunday night and all. Hey, are you free? You could join us if you want to. You know, have fun with us before you and your group will be busy on you tour.” She said all of a sudden.

 

“Oh sure, that’s great.”

 

She then gave the address to Tabi.

And bid goodbye.

 

She let go of a deep sigh after the call ended.

 

She then remembers the kiss that Tabi and her shared recently.

That’s just a kiss Dara. It’s a kiss which you didn’t expect of. Atleast for her. Do not mingle anymore your love life in to your work. Which is proven of having such a bad bad result. A very bad result.

You should learned by now. Dammmit!! Grow up Dara! Grow up! It’s okay to be single all the way to your 30’s. It’s really not that bad. She thought.

 

“All you have to do is to keep your distance from all the men that you think you could fall into..... such as Tabi or fall again such as Jiyong.” She said to herself while driving her car..on her way to the restaurant that Chaerin suggested.

Arrghh.

And you’re doing a great job..

Avoiding Tabi as if nothing has happened. Just like the usual days. If there’s nothing to talk about then don’t talk to him.

 

She reminded herself again knowing that she’ll going meet him again later.

 

“Dara, I like you ever since. I’m falling in love with you.”

 

The scenes with Tabi and her can’t stop replaying on her mind.

How could he like me? Illusions. Damn you Choi Seunghyun.You hadn't a clue as to what you were putting me through.

 

With a reputation like his, she bet that the thought of yet another broken heart on the line barely crossed his mind. 

Wonderful voice with a sexy, fit body, long and nice legs, B, C or D cup,  and a big booty... maybe that's what he liked.

That’s what suits for him...for his fantastic body.

You are just like Jiyong.

Perfect! One of the reasons why you shouldn’t fall in love again Dara was because of Jiyong. She promised herself not to fall in love in again because of her recent relationship which ended in a not so happy ending.

When she thought it was her last and her forever. But didn’t go along in her plans.

Though she can’t figure if she still loves Jiyong or not but all she knew is that there this still feeling or something that she’s holding for Jiyong but she don’t know what is that.

Boys. And they called women 'difficult'.

 

She is scared of falling deeply in love again.

No matter what happened, she wouldn’t allow herself to be the cause of the friendship’s falling apart.

 

That’s the other reason.

 

They had all worked so hard and diligently for everyday these past months. They had all gone through so many hurdles and sacrifices.

They weren’t going to stop anytime soon.


She didn’t want to be selfish.

She didn’t want to be with Tabi or with Jiyong if it meant having certain friendships destroyed.

 

Dara shook her head. The sky was cloudy and painted as orange as the sun sets down but there was the rest of the night to enjoy. A great Sunday to enjoy and have dinner with your friends after a day of work and practices.

She needed… to get moving.

 

CL’S POV

Aaissh.. will Dara-unnie attend the dinner date? She asked herself many times.

Chaerin hopes that the dinner date will be successful and that the two will be together again.

 

The dinner is really true except that she prepared two dinners for the night. One for Dara-unnie and Jiyong-oppa. And the other one for the 2ne1 girls except for, it’s in the different place. Kekeke.

 

She purposely did that so that the other girls will also not be confused if ever Dara-noona will ask them about it.

 

******

Chaerooo, where’s Ssantoki?? I thought she’ll come.” Bom asked in demand.

“Aaa, she texted me that she can’t go with us tonight Bom-unni.” Cl responded immediately.

 

“Whaatt?!! Aigooo. Where could that Sssantokii be?!” Bom shouted.

 

The two girls were expecting the rampage of Bom.

 

They just smiled at her reaction but a bit of scared at the same time.

Bom became silent.. as if she was sensing something different.

Bom then asked Chaerin,..

“Chaerin, tell me the truth. You did something didn’t you? That’s why Sssantoki is not here?” she asked in a serious voice.

 

Chaerin gulped.

She have no choice but to tell the truth..

 

“Whaat??! Aisshh.. you are so tricky Lion.” Bom said.

“But, Bom-unni. I just want to help. I hope Dara-unni will forgive me about this.”

Bom sighed. “Don’t worry Chae, Dara will forgive you for sure. I’m just worried for Dara. I think she’s not yet prepared to face Jiyong and talk about their this and thats.”

They are worried about Dara. What if the date of the two will end up hurting them both again?

 They don’t want Dara to experience more hurt. She’s so full of that. They want her to be happy again.

“Let just hope that nothing bad will happen and everything will be fine.” Bom said.

“You are right Bom-unni. I hope they will be okay now with Jiyong-oppa.” Minzy seconded.

The three is concerned in Dara.

 

Dara-unnie, I hope you’ll forgive me if I did this to you.. T____T I hope you’ll understand me. Chaerin told herself.

 

**********

 

DARA’S POV

She arrived at the restaurant that Chaerin told her.

It’s an exclusive restaurant. She wondered why Chaerin chose this restaurant to have their dinner. It’s so unusual.

Maybe they are going to celebrate for something special? Birthday? For a job well done for them? Or maybe an anniversary?

She has no idea.

 

She wondered why there’s no Chaerin or Minzy or Bom in sight.

The waiter led her to their table that Chaerin reserved for them.

She was surprised that there are no customers in the area. Only a few staff was there.

The waiter led her to a big terrace, on the second floor, overlooking the garden and the pool area and the table in the center.

 With a lots of pink roses?!

A candle light dinner?!

“If there’s something you want madam, just call us.” The waiter bowed and ready to leave.

“This is the table? I mean my friend reserved?” she questioned. Puzzled look.

“Yes madam. Actually she reserved the whole place.”

“Really?!”

“Yes madam.”

 

Then the waiter left leaving the clueless lady behind.

 

Aigooo.. Where are they? Am I too early or too late that they left me here? She asked herself.

Should I text them?

Hmm.. maybe they will be here soon. Be patient Dara. She said to herself.

Left with no choice, she calmly waited for the other girls and sat in her chair.

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

He arrived at his destination.

He was shocked when he saw the venue. It’s really really nice.

It’s perfect for having dates.

The waiter led him to the reserved table.

He was wondering as he inspects the place while walking why he and Dara didn’t know this place for their dinner dates in the past.

To his surprise, she saw a lady in the table as his foot set on the terrace.

“Dara?” he said as if he was surprised and puzzled.

Dara turned her head to him and widen her eyes.

“Jiyong?!” she replied back.

 

“Oh, Chaerin.” The two said in chorus.

 

airport1.jpg