AND I LOVE YOU SO

THE GIRL THEY LOVE

 


***

I saw her for the first time in the YG building. I’m still a trainee at that time.

She was so cute and petite. But still managed to amaze me despite of her size.

As if I’m like a little kid staring a giant lollipop.

 

He was then surprised when she smiled at him.

He took him a minute to realize that she was really smiling at him.

He looked around in case he’s assumption was wrong.

 

He smiled back to her.

 

She was sitting on a bench in a corridor of the 2nd floor of YG building.

 

I approached her. And introduce myself.

 

“ Hi, I’m Kwon Jiyong. A trainee here in YG.

 

“Hi, I saw you staring at me so I smiled back at you. kekeke. I’m Sandara Park. I’m auditioning.” She replied back.

 

“Oh, is that so. I’ll pray that you’ll pass and hope to be friends with you.” Jiyong smiled.

 

 

“Thanks! “ Dara replied with a smile.

 

She was pretty up close. Skin so flawless. No makeup yet still so beautiful.

 

“Oh, I have to go now. My friend is now waiting for me outside. Nice meeting you Ji-yong.”

 

 

The way she said my name… Her voice…  That made me speechless.

He was held momentarily frozen by her smile, it occurred to him that he wouldn’t feel satisfied until he got to know more of her.

 

 

“Oh, hey wait. I’ll give you my number and just contact me if you need help.” I handed her my business card. And he don’t know where he had the strength to do that.

 

“Wow! Thanks so much!” she replied with a giggle.

 

 

She then texted me.. The communication then started..

Added me to her cyworld..

And calls her everyday. We talked everyday…

 

He was shocked when he found out that she’s older than him.

 

 

He enjoyed her company a lot – jabs and teases and laughter and all – and he was quite sure she felt likewise even though she wouldn’t admit it.

 

During days that there was training, he would call her and talk with her about anything under the sun – from favorite movies to top five worst places to most romantic poem to best dessert, and of course, to music. She also likes music. Her dream is to become a singer. She shared what life she had in the Philippines. He liked hearing the sound of her voice.

 

It was not new for him, because he had always been fond of girls and that he had girlfriends before in the past. The difference with Dara and other girls was, after the usual praising and flirting, the conversations would skid to a halt. There was nothing left to talk about. But with her, he was always up on his feet bantering, and sometimes if not that, just plain talking.

 

 

She then left Korea and went back to Philippines.

No phone calls were made but instead we communicated through cyworld. I heard that she didn’t pass. I felt lonely.

 

I insisted that she should audition again.

 

Then she came back to Korea.. Passed and became a training.

 

We became close then… more closer…

 

Few months later..

One Thursday night.. after we went to movies with Seven-oppa and his girlfriend*.

“Well, it was nice, but I couldn’t understand some of the lines. The people sitting behind us were too noisy,” she complained one evening as they were on their way to the YG building from one of their movie dates.

Jiyong opened his mouth to agree, but when he looked at her and saw the silvery moonlight and the breeze caress her soft hair, he forgot what he was going to say. The night was quiet, the stars were all spread across the sky, the wind was a little cold. His heart was racing. At that moment he knew.

“What would you do if I told you I think I’m falling for you?”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

She stopped walking and turned to face him. “I’d probably laugh.”

“You’re not laughing now,” he said quietly.

A few seconds crept by. Her lashes drifted down, shielding her eyes away from him. “I have to go now… I have something important to do. I’ll stay in my house tonight.” she said before running away, leaving him standing on the sidewalk.

Later around midnight, he called her. “I didn’t know you can sprint that fast,” he said when he had made sure it was her who answered.

“What do you want?” The remark would have been rude and bruising, had she raised her tone.

“I think it should be obvious.”

“Just how serious are you?” her voice broke slightly before he heard the soft click of the receiver.

Jiyong barely slept a wink. The next day, he hadn’t see Dara in the YG building. Right after practice, he raced as fast as his feet could carry him to the front gate of Dara’s house.

He stormed his way inside the house. He doesn’t care if he’s like a vulgar at that moment. He found her in the kitchen, sitting,..writing notes on her pad, seemingly unaware of the intrusion. The only sound he could hear was the scratching of ball pen against paper.

He cleared his throat. She looked up, dropped her pen.

She stood up, but couldn’t say anything. He advanced towards her. She retreated.

The distance between them was reduced to mere inches, and she was cornered against the table. He touched his forehead to hers, feeling her breath against his cheek. Then he took her hand and rested it on the back of his neck.

“I am *this* serious,” was all he said before he locked his lips with hers.



***
***

“Happy anniversary,” she said with a smile.

He and Dara were sitting on the sandy surface of the beach. That’s their favorite place. She handed him a tiny blue velvet box. 

“Woaah!?” he stammered, staring at the beautiful ring lying on his palm.

Engraved with his initials. She then showed her right hand where she wears the ring that is same with his…only that it fits only for her.

“Had to rob a bank, that’s all, kekeke! ” she quipped, running her hand through her soft hair.

 “You didn’t have to,” he went on. Then followed by a laugh.

“Didn’t have to what? Get you this gift or rob a bank?” She teasingly hit his shoulder.

“I can’t believe this. Look at what I bought you.” From his pocket, he fished a tinier, red velvet box.

Her eyes widened. Inside, two thin, silver bracelets twinkled at her in greeting.

“I got this from a famous jewellery maker. The style was from my choice. Here’s for you and the other ones for me.” Jiyong said.



She threaded , and with a soft smile,..Jiyong gently clasped it around her right wrist close to her pulse..the thump of her heart. They held hands the rest of the afternoon as they shared their dreams with each other and watched the sun disappear into the horizon, staining the ocean with a beautiful shade of red-orange.

***

 

 

 

 

 

whatcha think guys? woossh!