Chapter 9

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 9

 

Eun Jo

“Our classes should be ending at the same time. I’ll meet you afterwards in front of your department building.” Min Seol said, as we walked to our respective classes, along with our bunch of friends.

“Okay.” I agreed.

I had learned a lot in the one year, no wait- a little more than one year, in which we had been dating. One thing being, do not say no to Min Seol’s small requests.

She and her friends parted ways with us, once we reached the business department building.

They all knew now, by the way, our friends, all of them knew about us, Min Seol and me by now.

After that jealousy-dominated fight all those months ago, we had come to one conclusion, namely we needed to sit down and redefine the rules of our relationship.

We had done just that.

Our families still couldn’t know about our feelings for each other and they still didn’t to this very day. Why our friends should be kept in the dark any longer was rather unclear though. So we had gathered them all in one place and told them.

It had been like visiting the zoo, all kinds of different animals showing different reactions to the same thing.

The uproar on their side had only lasted a few days, later converting into curiosity and then teasing.

All these things aside, everything else had gone a lot smoother since that fight.

Hyung-soo had given birth to another girl, Baek So Young, almost three and a half months ago and it astound me, just like the time when Jae Mi had been born, that I had started loving the little creature the first moment I had seen her. Maybe that’s what people called ‘love at first sight’.

“Eun Jo-ah.” Il Sung began speaking as soon as we reached our seats in the classroom, breaking my train of thoughts.

I sighed: “What?”

“I heard something really strange yesterday…about Min Seol.” he had my full attention: “Some strange guy has been asking around about her.”

My eyes narrowed on him: “Some guy asking around about Min Seol? Are you sure?”

Il Sung nodded once: “I heard two girls talking about it yesterday and asked them. They told me that some strange, middle-aged man tried to inquire about Min Seol from them.” he paused, placing one of his hands on my shoulder: “Look, I don’t know what the hell is going on, but I think you should talk to Min Seol about it.”

He was right. I needed to talk to Min Seol about it.

After that, I had no idea when the teacher entered the classroom, or when the lesson started. The only thing I took notice of was when the bell rang and we were allowed to leave.

But when I stepped out of the department building, Min Seol wasn’t there and she should have been. The teacher had delayed our exit, resulting in us being late but Min Seol wasn’t there.

Another half an hour of waiting, and me being worried, later, she finally showed up.

Something was off though.

“Where were you?” the question was out of my mouth as soon as she was within hearing range.

She closed her eyes and sighed, rubbing her forehead: “I was talking to someone and forgot that we had agreed to meet up.”

Min Seol never forgot, when she was supposed to meet me.

But I didn’t think this was the right time or place for us to start a discussion, so I let it go: “Okay. So now that you’re here, let’s go home?”

She nodded softly and that was all the reply I got.

And then, just when I was about to turn around and start walking, she fell into my arms.

And I mean that she literally fell into them, because it seemed she had fainted.

Panic.

That word didn’t even begin to describe what was going through my head…

 

Author

Min Seol woke up with a splitting headache.

And just where was she?

Everything around her was so blurry.

“Are you awake?” she could recognize that voice everywhere, it was Eun Jo’s.

She focused her eyes and finally she saw him. His expression was unreadable: “Are you feeling any better?”

She nodded slightly: “But my head feels as if a ton of bricks fell on it.”

She tried to get up and failed miserably. Eun Jo had his arms around her in a heartbeat.

And Min Seol could have sworn she had never felt shier in front of Eun Jo, than in that moment. Today was just not her day.

He helped her sit up, steadying her- she was still a little bit disoriented- and sat down next to her at the edge of the bed.

Silence followed for a short while.

Finally Eun Jo decided to give in to his curiosity: “What happened, Min Seol?”

Confusion… it was the first thing that clouded her brain at that moment.

What did he mean by what happened?

She had no idea what he was talking about.

Then it hit her though and she decided she didn’t want to tell him right now: “Nothing happened. I just wasn’t feeling well.”

Eun Jo pursed his lips, looked out through the window in front of him: “How long has it been, since we’ve known each other?”

The question threw her off track: “I don’t know. About four years, I guess. But why are you asking?”

He stretched his arms, grabbed one of her hands in the process: “I’m asking because I’m not exactly stupid and we’ve known each other for quite some time now… You’ve been sick before. You almost drowned once as well, if I remember right. But you never, not once, really, fainted, like you did today, no matter how unwell you were.”

She remained silent, looking out the window as well, tears streaming down from her eyes.

He squeezed her hand: “Please tell me what happened. You know how much I hate it, if someone, besides me, becomes the cause for you tears Min Seol. You gave that right to me the minute we decided to be together.”

It was warm, she noted, his hand was.

His words were too, kind of.

She reconsidered her earlier decision.

Did she want to tell him right now? Yes.

Could she afford to tell him right now, without him creating a scene? No.

And still, she decided, the want to tell him was way bigger than the threat of him creating a scene: “One of my classmates told me there was a man looking for me recently. Do you know anything about that?”

Eun Jo had a bad feeling about this: “Yeah, Il Sung told me today.”

She inhaled, deeply: “I met him today, after my class… It was my father.”

“Gi Dong ahjusshi?” Eun Jo couldn’t think of any possible reason for Gi Dong to be asking around about Min Seol.

This time she squeezed his hand, squeezed it tight: “Not appa. I’m talking about my biological father.”

End of Chapter

 

Hey people!

I know, I'm a bad author for not uploading for such a long time.

Please forgive me. My stupid laptop just doesn't like me. I think that must be it.

But, let's not think about negative things right now.

Tell me how you like this chapter instead. Are Eun Jo and Min Seol progressing at the right pace in your opinion? 

I mean, in this chapter they have been dating for more than a year. What about the new development? Do you like it? What do you think is going to happen now? 

Do you think it might be interesting? You can tell me in your comments or send me a PM, or you can write on my wall.

Now, thanks to everyone who supported me all this time, a special thanks to those, who commented and to the new subscribers: Welcome and happy story-reading! =)

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Sorry for spelling and/or grammar mistakes!

p.p.s. I Love You <3