Chapter 7

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 7

 

Author

As soon as Eun Jo could bring himself to release Min Seol, he remembered why he had taken such a drastic decision in the first place.

He turned around to face Choi Yun Ho, though he kept, a rather flustered, Min Seol close as well, keeping an arm around her: “Was this enough of an answer for you, or do you want another demonstration? If so, then I have no problem with that. You know, that wasn’t even our first kiss.”

Choi Yun Ho had seen enough and now he had heard enough as well.

He couldn’t bear to see them, especially Baek Eun Jo, so openly displaying what he had always feared would happen, what had just happened.

“I get it.” he said slowly: “Fine, I get it. I give up. You won’t see me around any longer.” and then he walked away.

Eun Jo didn’t even think about questioning why the sight of Choi Yun Ho’s retreating back triggered such content emotions within him. He was beyond the point of caring, so used had he gotten to being jealous of that person.

If that guy wasn’t around Min Seol all the time anymore, then he would finally get rid of his idiotic jealousy. That stupid jealousy was probably the most unpleasant thing ever.

He could feel his mouth stretching into a grin, as Choi Yun Ho faded into the darkness of the night.

 

Min Seol

He didn’t even turn around after Yun Ho had left. He just grabbed my hand, as if it was the most casual thing in the world to do and said: “Let’s go.”

I think I must have been stunned for the first few seconds. Only for the first few seconds though, because what happened after that was, like a volcano erupting inside of me.

Who the hell did he think he was? Some damn superhero, who gets away with everything he does, just because?

I stopped in my tracks, halting him in the process. He finally turned around and the mirth I saw in his eyes made me even angrier than I already was.

“What?” he asked.

I blinked once, twice: “What the hell do you think you were doing just now?”

He blinked as well: “I was helping you, of course.”

“How can you look so innocent, while saying that?” the disbelief was evident in my voice.

His face was a mask of confusion: “What do you mean?”

I snorted, this was unbelievable: “You’re telling me you don’t know what I’m talking about?”

“Min Seol,” he paused: “I may be a genius, but I’m not a psychic. I can’t see what’s going on inside that head of yours.”

“Eun Jo-ah, you just kissed me.” I told him as calmly as I could.

Again he blinked: “I know that, I have a good memory.”

My gaze wandered towards our intertwined hands and I ripped mine out of his: “Well, what did you do that for?”

He shrugged: “I was just helping you out. He was obviously pestering… or did you want him to be that close to you?”

Had he really just tried to turn the tables on me?

Just what, the hell, was wrong with him?

“So you’re telling me, you kissed me, to help me get rid of Yun Ho? Because, obviously there was nothing else you could have done, right?” the sarcasm was rather evident in my voice.

He didn’t have time to answer any of the questions, because the words simply kept rushing out of my mouth: “You know, I actually thought that there possibly couldn’t be a more stupid reasoning to kiss someone than ‘I hate losing.’, but you just proved me completely wrong.”

Unbelievable!

Now he looked serious: “What do you mean?”

I rolled my eyes at him: “Eun Jo-ah, do you honestly expect me not to demand any answers, after you pull a stunt like that? If so, then I’m not the stupid one out of the two of us, you are!”

“Yah, Kim Min Seol, did you just call me stupid?” to his credit, he seemed genuinely distraught.

My anger didn’t disappear though: “Damn right, I called you stupid! A person that doesn’t understand their own feelings doesn’t deserve to be called anything else but stupid!”

 

Author

Eun Jo couldn’t grasp the reality of what was happening. Min Seol had never lashed out at him like that. They had fought about ten thousand times in the last few years, but never had she spoken to him in that way.

“Are you implying that I’m not telling the truth?” he blinked a few times, still not being able to believe his own eyes.

Min Seol snorted: “I’m not implying anything. I’m telling you, you’re lying!” she paused. Her next words were very important and even more important was that she had to get them right: “So, you hate losing, right? Fine!” again she paused, taking one deep breath: “Give in to your feelings Eun Jo, I dare you to.”

He laughed: “You have got to be kidding me! What are you trying to say? I don’t get it.”

And suddenly Min Seol looked vulnerable. Not weak, nor desperate, but vulnerable and Eun Jo wanted to kick himself, when she lowered her eyes.

Her voice was low, when she spoke this time: “I like you Eun Jo, like really, really like you and I know you know.” She looked up again, right into his eyes: “But I know something else as well… I know that you like me too.”

What followed after this statement was probably the most awkward silence that had ever surrounded these two.

Determination overtook her face, as she said the next words: “Stop being a coward Baek Eun Jo.”

That verbal punch landed right where it was supposed to.

A coward?

Really?

Baek Eun Jo was many things BUT he was NOT A COWARD!

How dare that infuriating girl call him that?!

Fine, he would give her what she wanted and what he wanted somehow as well…

He would NOT LOSE TO HER!

Definitely NOT!

“Alright.” he released an uneven breath: “You’re right. I like you. So, now that we cleared that, what happens next Min Seol? Do we start dating? Just like that? Do you have any idea what will happen, if our families find out, especially my mother? All hell is going to break lose.”

“We don’t have to tell them or anybody else for that matter.” she suggested: “But I really don’t think I can hide my feelings in front of you any longer.”

Eun Jo clenched his jaw. Now that he had actually managed to confess to his feelings, he could very well relate to what Min Seol was saying: “Okay.” he agreed with a smile: “Let’s date, I guess.”

End of Chapter

 

Hey there!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baek Eun Jo and Kim Min Seol are finally dating officially!!! *doing a little happy dance* =D

There's not much I want to say today, I'm way too emotional right...

So, you guys do the talking! What do you think?

Expected? Unexpected? Liked it? Hated it? Your thoughts in the form of comments or PMs are appreciated!

Thanks to everyone that read and commented on the last chapter and to all the new subscribers, WELCOME!!!

Kamsahamnida!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes :)

p.s. Love you all<3