Chapter 6

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 6

 

Eun Jo

Exams were over. In fact, the results had come out already as well.

Of course I had come in first place again, but that wasn’t something to be surprised by. No, the word surprise was something, which could be considered for the fact that Kim Min Seol had landed a spot on the Top 50 list in school and not a bad one either. She was in the 39th place.

The next surprise came, when she told me that she got accepted to Parang University, with arts as her major.

The third surprise had come from me and had definitely shocked appa the most.

I had decided to attend Parang University too.

Hyung had been rather supportive. He had talked to appa on my behalf; managing to calm him down, by telling him that he himself had been fine at that university and that I would manage just as well, if not even better and at least I had chosen business as my major. After all, I was supposed to take over appa’s company one day.

I think neither of them had actually understood the nature of my decision though.

Not like Min Seol had understood, without me having to explain to her my reasoning.

“You know, there is nothing you have to prove to anyone.” she had told me, after my conversation with appa and hyung, when I had ended up lying in her bed, staring at the ceiling.

I hadn’t responded to that and she had continued: “But I understand that you want to prove it to yourself.” she had sighed: “Just so you know, I don’t think that you’re a shadow of Seung Jo oppa. You’re each your own person and there’s no need for you or anyone else to compare you two to each other.”

The following silence in her room had spoken a thousand words of my gratefulness towards Min Seol.

It meant a lot to me that she had understood my decision.

 

Min Seol

Graduation Day, I had never thought that I would see this day, with a certainty of attending college after the vacation.

I was a nervous wreck by the time the principal called my name to collect the degrees on behalf of my class. My hands shook, as the principal handed me the degrees, while Eun Jo stood next to me, degrees already in his steady hands.

Once we had safely climbed down from the stage he leaned towards me and mumbled: “Stop being nervous and start being a bit happy. Do you have any idea what a big disaster hyung and Ha Ni hyung-soo’s graduation ceremony was? You’re not appreciating how fortunate we are.”

“Disaster?” I turned my head towards him, missing to see a rise in the floor and the next thing I knew I was on the floor, the degrees scattered in every direction and Eun Jo on top of me, because apparently I had grabbed him in the confusion of my fall.

His eyes were closed and he was trying really hard to control his anger, I could see as much.

“I’m not going to shout at you.” he gritted out and opened his eyes to look at me: “This is entirely my fault. I shouldn’t have brought up hyung’s graduation, in the first place. I never wanted to believe in these things, but today I’m pretty sure that we’re jinxed.”

Click.

We both turned our heads to where the sound had come from, still sprawled across the floor.

Geum Hee ahjumma was squatting next to us, a grin on her face and a camera in her hands: “This is even better than the picture I shot at Seung Jo and Ha Ni’s graduation.”

“Omma!” Eun Jo sounded just as horrified, as I felt.

It must have been this instant, when he realized that he was still on top of me.

He pushed himself off of me and then pulled me up to my feet.

I didn’t even want to see any of my classmates’ faces, as Eun Jo leaned down again and retrieved the scattered degrees.

This was probably the single, most embarrassing incident in my whole life.

Eun Jo the degrees into my hands and without another word exited the assembly hall.

 

Eun Jo

You would think that I would have gotten used to the embarrassments by now. It was no big secret that I was slipping from one into the next, since the day Kim Min Seol had entered my life, about three and a half years ago.

But no, no matter how many of those embarrassing situations I endured, I just couldn’t get used to them.

Maybe, it was just because the level of embarrassment kept increasing.

Today’s graduation ceremony was the new number 1 on my list of most embarrassing incidents in Baek Eun Jo’s life… yet.

I was so embarrassed, I had thought about staying away from class one’s graduation party, which would have been even more embarrassing, so I had gone there, stayed for nearly two hours and then left.

Yes, it actually managed to surpass the one, where I had punched Choi Yun Ho, had been sent to the principal’s office and had had to call hyung to pick me up.

“I just don’t understand what you want from me! Why are you following me?”

Think of the devil and he appears in front of you.

They were just one street away from where I lived.

Choi Yun Ho, once again cornering the nightmare of my nightmares, Min Seol.

“Look,” Min Seol started speaking again, when Choi Yun Ho didn’t give her any response to her former question: “I would understand your point, if I didn’t like someone else and if I hadn’t rejected you more than once, but I have rejected you countless times now and you know, right? Do I really have to say it out loud for you to actually grasp it?” her tone was edging towards desperation: “I like someone else.” she paused: “I like Eun Jo. Baek Eun Jo.”

It was the first time I ever heard those words come out of .

I had known it for quite a long time, but knowing something and hearing it form the right person, can sometimes make a huge difference.

I didn’t have much time to dwell on my own feelings though, Choi Yun Ho’s next words had me acting on my instincts, without a second’s hesitation.

“You like him.” he repeated her statement: “But he doesn’t really like you, or does he?”

 

Min Seol

“Yah, Kim Min Seol!” Eun Jo’s voice made me jump a little: “Do you have any idea how long I’ve been looking for you? Where were you?”

I looked at him, as he approached Yun Ho and me.

Had he heard our exchange just now?

Yun Ho grinned at me, once Eun Jo reached us: “Look Min Seol, he’s here! We can ask him personally.” He turned towards Eun Jo and I practically felt all the blood rush to my head: “Baek Eun Jo, clarify something for us here, quickly. Min Seol likes you. You don’t like her, right?”

How funny…

Never, in my wildest dreams had I ever imagined that Choi Yun Ho would be the person to confess my feelings to Eun Jo.

Life had a very scary way of twisting straight-forward things, like confessions.

Then again, maybe confessions just weren’t as easy as I thought them to be.

Barely coming out of my little trance, I noticed Eun Jo’s smirk, which was surprisingly directed at Yun Ho and turning to me he said: “Min Seol,” he chuckled lightly: “He wants me to answer such a simple question.”

“Huh?” my confusion was more than obvious.

“Should I answer him?” he raised his eyebrows questioningly at me.

“What are you-“ my words faltered with his next movements.

He brought his palms up to my cheeks and cupped my face in his ever-so-steady hands. His face started descending upon mine and I couldn’t have guessed what he did next, even if my life had depended on it.

The notion of Eun Jo’s lips on mine, the thought of him ever kissing me again, had never crossed my mind.

But he did just that.

He kissed me.

And it was so very different from the first time he had done it. His actions spoke for themselves, they seemed so resolute, so sure. His lips were firm and the entire hesitance was gone.

I didn’t know when I closed my eyes, or when I started responding to his kiss, but at some point I definitely did, clutching to his forearms, to keep my knees from faltering.

All of this felt unreal and yet real at the same time…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

I'll be honest, I didn't want to update...

My original plan was to wait until I had finished writing the whole story and then update all at once and surprise you all.

Didn't really work out, as you can see. The reasons? I don't have any patience when it comes to my own stories...

This chapter has such a big development that I just had to update...

So, Eun Jo kissed Min Seol once again. What do you think? 

Just so you know, I have one more chapter already written and I'll upload it as soon as I get a few comments to this chapter.

I hope you guys take the time to comment and thank you to those, who always do comment even though I'm so lazy when it comes ro updating.

Thank you to all my subscribers for reading and supporting me and to welcome to all the new ones!!!

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes :)

p.p.s. I Love You <333