Chapter 12

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 12

 

Author

The surgery had gone just as planned.

Min Seol’s bone-marrow had been safely transplanted to the little girl and Na Young was on the way to get better very soon.

Min Seol was still in the hospital, they weren’t discharging her until two day after the transplant.

Three hour after she had woken up, around noon, Geum Hee had brought some food for her and Eun Jae.

The three of them were just about to eat, when a knock on the door got their attention.

It was Na Young’s mother.

“I’m sorry to disturb you like this, but I really had to talk to you.” the woman spoke rather softly, looking at Eun Jae.

“Of course,” Eun Jae gestured to the only free chair in the room: “Please, take a seat first.”

The woman smile, uncertainty clearly visible in her features: “Thank you. I’m Sun Hye by the way.” she paused: “I actually came here to apologize to you.”

This surprised Eun Jae: “Apologize? I don’t think you have anything to apologize for.”

Sun Hye shook her head: “Yes I do. I’m sorry, I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling, seeing your daughter help Na Young like this… Honestly, before Na Young was prognosed with cancer I had no idea that Ji Sub had another daughter. He never told me anything about you two.”

She turned to Min Seol now: “And Min Seol I don’t know what to say to you. You saved my daughter, without thinking twice about it. I can’t thank you enough.”

Min Seol looked at her mother first, then at Sun Hye: “There’s no need to thank me. Na Young is just a small child. She deserves a long and happy life.”

“She’s right.” Eun Jae agreed: “Children are supposed to live their life carefree, without any worries. I just hope that Ji Sub turns out to be a better father to Na Young than he could ever be to Min Seol.”

A bitter smile stretched across Sun Hye’s lips: “I hope so too.”

She excused herself after that, leaving the three women to their own thoughts.

Another three hours later, when her mother and Geum Hee had left already and Min Seol was getting bored, Eun Jo finally showed up.

“Are you okay?” he asked, after he had shed himself of his coat.

Min Seol tilted her head to the side, blinking confusedly.

“Omma told me about what happened with Na Young’s mother today.” he clarified.

“Oh that!” she huffed: “I’m fine I guess.”

Eun Jo looked doubtful: “You sure? What about… that man? Did he show up?”

“No.” she shook her head: “And I don’t want him to show up either. What I did was not to please him. It was for the little girl. I mean, it’s not like I actually see him as my father. Appa is my father in every sense. That man just helped to conceive me. That’s it.”

Min Seol had closed that chapter a very long tong time ago, only the realization had come now.

 

Sixteen Months Later (1 year 4months)

Author

“Did you see that?” Seung Jo asked his wife: “That boy is making a move on my daughter… Jae Mi, get away from him!” he shouted to his daughter.

Ha Ni swatted his arm: “They are barely four years old, Seung Jo. They don’t even know, what it means, to make a move on someone.”

Seung Jo turned to Ha Ni: “Ha Ni-ah, he’s a boy, a male. Believe me, when I say that, boys start flirting from the day they’re born. Jae Mi is too innocent to play with him.”

“Kyu Shin is there to protect her, see” she motioned to her little, five years old brother: “Start worrying when Jae Mi and So Young become teenagers. You can relax until then.” she told him

“Now that you mention it, where is our other daughter?” he wanted to know.

Ha Ni pointed to their house, behind them: “Min Seol is giving her a bath.”

“I can’t believe that, she’s almost two years old now… Hey, do you realize that, that beast, who’s hitting on our daughter, could have been your son?” Seung Jo shuddered at that thought: “I don’t even know why we’re babysitting Bong Joon Gu’s little brat.”

“You mean, just like Hae Ra’s daughter could have been yours?” she .

“You’re only saying that, because you were jealous at that time.” he muttered with a small smile.

“At least, I had the decency to admit that I was jealous. You, on the other hand, never had the courage to do that.” she retorted.

“Yah!” his smile was lost again.

Ha Ni didn’t have any time to respond to him. The already dark sky opened up, all of a sudden and rain started pouring down.

“Jae Mi, Kyu Shin, Tae Kyung, get into the house! Hurry up!” Ha Ni yelled through the loud noises.

The three children immediately ran out of the backyard and into the house, followed by Seung Jo.

Once inside, he turned around but didn’t find his wife anywhere near him.

He looked outside and saw her standing in the middle of the garden, enjoying a shower in the rain.

“Eun Jo!” he called for his brother.

The twenty-year-old came walking down the stairs: “What’s wrong hyung?”

“Did Min Seol finish bathing So Young?” he asked him.

“I did.” Min Seol appeared at the top of the stairs, with the toddler, wrapped in a towel, in her arms.

“Can you two do me a favor?” both nodded at his question: “Take these three upstairs and get them changed into some dry clothes, please!”

“Sure.”, Min Seol reacted first: “Eun Jo-ah, get them upstairs.”

Eun Jo turned to her: “Why don’t you do it yourself, instead of ordering me around?”

Her eyebrows shot up: “He asked both of us, you jerk!”

“Language, Min Seol! There are kids in here.” Eun Jo warned.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” the girl mumbled under her breath.

Seung Jo watched in amusement, as the two of them dragged four children upstairs with them, bickering all the way.

When they were out of sight, he made his way back to his wife, who was drenched in water by now, just like him.

He grabbed her arm, when he finally reached her and swirled her around to face him: “What are you doing? Let’s go inside! You’ll catch a cold, if you stay here any longer.” he told her, or rather shouted.

“You’re so boring sometimes.” she shouted back: “Let yourself go, from time to time. It will do you good.” then she gathered some of the pouring water in her hand and splashed it onto his face, laughing when he swore incoherently.

He observed her afterwards, as she danced around him, jumping intentionally into the water puddles, amazed by her ability to let lose, so easily. She was 27 years old and was still able to behave like a little child, who didn’t care about the world and worries surrounding it.

The moment he finished that thought, she was in front of him again, a wide grin spread across her lips, one that made him grin equally.

Her hands cupped his face and she smashed their mouths together in a bruising kiss, to which he responded fiercely.

When she stepped back and grabbed his hand, to walk inside, he pulled her back to him, kissing her once more, holding her so close that, it was hard to see where he began and she ended.

After, what seemed like forever, both ended the kiss reluctantly, panting, breathing hard and ragged.

Seung Jo pressed their foreheads together and closed his eyes: “I wanted to break his arm…” he finally said.

“What?” she didn’t understand.

“Bong Joon Gu.” he explained: “I was so jealous, back then, that, I wanted to break his arm, for holding your hand.” he opened his eyes slowly, to find her staring back at him.

Even in this weather, he noticed her cheeks darkening with a slight blush, while her lips were pursed, because she tried to control her ecstatic reaction, but it wasn’t helping her. She was still smiling, like the idiot, he sometimes called her.

“I was wondering, if I would live to the day, you’d finally admit that, you were jealous.” she spoke softly, her eyes filled with emotion.

Seeing this, he crushed her to his body, enveloping her in a heated embrace…

 

Eun Jo

The three drenched kids were changed and were playing in Jae Mi’s room now.

I left them there and noticed Min Seol standing on the balcony, So Young was taking a nap, resting her small head on Min Seol’s shoulder, while the older girl was staring down onto the backyard.

I walked over to her and discovered what she was looking at.

“Those two are adorable.” she murmured, sighing: “Don’t you think?” she asked me absentmindedly.

“Hmm.” I agreed, but I wasn’t watching the couple in the backyard anymore, my eyes were resting on the girl, standing next to me: “Stupid but adorable.”

Her head snapped in my direction and then her gaze lowered to the space between us, as I laced our fingers together, intertwining our hands.

The corners of lifted slightly and she turned back towards the hugging couple, like me…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

So this, is where Special Kiss ended...

I know, most of you have read the last part of this chapter already, but do not fret.

There is another chapter waiting for you. Comments on this chapter would be nice too though... =D