Chapter 16

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 16

 

Min Seol

It had been almost a week since unnie’s delivery.

All of us had been a little bit surprised as it had turned out to be a boy this time around and not a girl.

Because a girl’s what we’d been expecting.

He was beautiful though, looking a lot like his father.

Baek Kwang Ho, that’s the name unnie and oppa had chosen in case it was a boy.

I lost track of my thoughts, when the bus, I was seated in, came to a rattling halt, waking both Jae Mi and So Young, who were travelling with me.

Jae Mi went back to sleep right away, but I had to pacify So Young for her to do the same.

It had taken more than a few hours for me to convince unnie to send her children with me.

She had been adamant on keeping them at home with her.

One look at their sad and innocent faces though and she had given up.

Those two were missing their father terribly and their father was surely missing them just as much.

And me?

Well, I was missing oppa too, but I was missing my boyfriend a hell of a lot more.

This trip was supposed to be a surprise, meaning neither oppa nor Eun Jo knew anything about it.

Eun Jo had been attending the army for six months now and the only time I’d seen him had been three months prior, when he had been home on leave.

My internship had begun a few months earlier as well, leaving me in a state, in which I was too busy to visit, though I had written him some letters.

The answer to those letters had always been the same… short.

Eun Jo had never been very good with words, when it came to expressing himself.

Kwang Ho’s birth was the perfect opportunity for me to see Eun Jo, without anyone finding out about our relationship and the children would get to see their appa.

A win-win situation for everyone involved.

Unnie wasn’t allowed to travel so early after the delivery. If that wasn’t the case she would have been on this bus with me, this I knew for sure.

Again the bus came to a halt, this time not as harshly as the last time though.

We had arrived.

I shook Jae Mi’s shoulder softly, waking her up once more.

She stirred, her eyes opening and closing rapidly.

Finally, she sat up yawning, stretching her small body and looked over to me: “Are we there yet imo?”

I smiled at her: “Yeah, we’re here.”

As soon as she heard my words she was up and about.

I’d never seen her so excited.

“Shh…” the noise I made hushed her down a little bit: “You’ll wake up So Young. You know how she is, when she gets woken up like this, right?”

She nodded, pressing her left pointer finger to .

I lifted a sleeping So Young into my arms, collecting our luggage as well: “Let’s go Jae Mi.”

The attending officer at the entrance turned out to be a really nice man: “Cadet Baek Seung Jo and Baek Eun Jo? I’ll go get them right away. What do I tell them about who’s there to see them?”

“It would be nice, if you don’t say anything. Just tell them they’ve got visitors.” I told the man.

He simply nodded at my request and then he was gone.

 

Eun Jo

“Cadet Baek!” Officer Dong’s voice boomed through the sleeping hall.

The guy was nice, if you considered the fact that he was a sunbae, who’d been serving in the army for six and a half years, but he really needed to shut up sometimes.

Today was not a good day for me anyways.

It was one of those rare days, where the authorities felt nice enough to give us some time off.

What my problem with all that was?

Nothing to do and too much time to think, that was my problem.

And which Cadet Baek did he mean anyways, hyung or me?

“Yes sir!” the words were respectful but hyung’s and my voice were just plain bored.

“Both of you,” first he pointed at me, then at hyung: “Come with me!”

“Yes sir!” he received the same reply from us once again.

We followed the man without a word.

Hyung had been kind of depressed since last week.

We knew that Ha Ni hyung-soo had given birth to Kwang Ho. The day the news reached us, he’d been as excited as I’d ever seen him.

One day after that I noticed the difference in his mood. The reality of being away from his family had more than just sunk in by that time.

Today had been especially bad for him too. You know the same reason as me, too much time to think.

And now, God knew what sort of bomb Officer Dong was about to throw in our direction. The worst thing would be to find out that we’d have tomorrow off as well.

I guess that wasn’t the case, since we were standing in the visitors section.

Right at that moment Officer Dong stopped in his tracks and turned to face us.

It was hard to believe but he was actually smiling: “You’ve got visitors.”

Visitors? But who’d be visiting us?

Hyung’s reaction was about the same as mine.

Before anyone of us could say something though, Officer Dong was already on his way back to his post at the entrance.

I looked at hyung, just as he looked back at me and we both shrugged at the same time.

“Appa!” maybe four or five seconds after hearing this voice, I saw my older brother being tackled to the ground.

And not by some huge wrestler who had attacked out of the blue. No, the two people who had managed to do so were none other than Jae Mi and So Young.

I think it was safe to say that I had been momentarily stunned, maybe not as much as hyung, but still stunned.

 

Min Seol

While Eun Jo was busy watching oppa wrestle with Jae Mi and So Young, I sneaked up on him and whispered into his ear: “I was thinking of attacking you like that too.”

He jumped. He actually really jumped, like for real!

I grinned at him, shrugging: “That might have blown our cover though, so I didn’t do it.”

The shocked expression on his face morphed into that so familiar smirk, before he heaved a sigh and drew me into a hug.

The hug was tight and literally breathtaking, but at the same time so warm that I actually felt it wouldn’t be so bad, if he didn’t let go of me for the rest of our lives.

That’s exactly when he let go of me and I came to my senses.

Someday I had to sit myself down and make myself realize that as long as we didn’t tell our families none of these stupid daydreams was going to come true.

I was ready, but I had no idea if Eun Jo was on the same page or not.

“Do I need to watch out for someone else?” Eun Jo asked.

I shook my head: “No, it’s just me and these two.”

We both turned to see Seung Jo oppa kneeling on the floor and hugging his children, as if there was no tomorrow.

“It’s a good thing you brought them with you.” Eun Jo was talking with his head tilted in my direction: “I don’t know how long hyung would have lasted, before throwing one of his moody temper tantrums.”

I narrowed my eyes at him: “Oppa’s not that bad. You’re the one that likes to throw temper tantrums.”

He chuckled: “Who do you think I take after?”

It took us all about half an hour to calm down and finish our greetings and then another hour to eat something.

Seung Jo oppa was so happy and seeing his face light up after looking at his son’s photos made this visit worthwhile on its own.

“Eun Jo.” oppa spoke up as he fed So Young.

“Yeah hyung?” Eun Jo was sitting next to me at the table, the two of us having finished eating a few minutes ago.

Oppa smiled, a smile that reminded me so much of that mischievous smile Eun Jo sometimes had on his face: “Why don’t you take Min Seol and show her around a little? I think the girls are going to take their time with finishing their meal today.”

For a second Eun Jo looked as if he was about to snap at oppa, but then his features relaxed and he smiled back, that same smile: “Of course hyung. I was thinking of doing that anyways. You can take your time with the girls.” he paused, turning in my direction: “Let’s go Min Seol.”

So we went out.

I expected him to show me around, as oppa had suggested, but that didn’t really happen.

As soon as we stepped out of the canteen he had my hand in his and started practically dragging me to… some place I guessed.

Ten minutes later we were in a little cottage, hidden in a small patch of woods, all alone, just the two of us.

“What are we doing in here?” I finally asked him after a minute of silence.

“Privacy, Min Seol.” his words came out in a quiet voice: “We’re here for some privacy.”

A breathy laugh escaped me: “I’m not on protection Eun Jo and I don’t have any with me either.”

His hand, still connected to mine, pulled me closer to his body and he laughed slightly as well: “Though that would have been really nice, but I wasn’t talking about that kind of privacy.”

“Oh.” somehow my voice sounded disappointed, even to my own ears: “You weren’t?”

He shook his head: “No, I wasn’t. Just... sit down with me, okay?”

For the first time in I don’t know how many years Eun Jo was asking me to do something and not telling me to. It was enough to shut me up and make me sit on the wooden floor of the dark cottage, right next to him, our backs leaning against one of the four walls.

He still hadn’t let go of my hand…

 

Author

Baek Eun Jo was not a person who liked to talk a lot and that habit wasn’t about to change soon, Min Seol was pretty much sure of that.

So she wasn’t at all astonished, when all he did was sit there and hold her hand.

He didn’t even look at her and she was seriously becoming fed up of it.

This was getting ridiculous!

One hour of sitting around silently was enough torture and she finally decided to take action.

Eun Jo was more than surprised to find Min Seol straddling his lap all of a sudden: “What are you doing?”

“Why weren’t you looking at me all this time?” she retorted.

He tried to conceal his smile: “I’m looking at you now, aren’t I?”

She didn’t pay any attention to his comment: “Listen, I know you don’t like to talk and all that crap, but would it hurt you to look at me for once?”

“Min Seol I’m looking at you right now.” he tried to interrupt her.

She ignored him, throwing her hands in the air instead: “I mean we haven’t seen each for three months! I came all this way from Seoul with two children in tow and you won’t look at me? Seriously?”

“Yah Kim Min Seol!” he had to shout to make her shut up: “I said I’m looking at you right now.”

For a minute she just sat there, staring at him and then she heaved a sigh: “Thank God. You know what? I was about to hit you.”

A huge smile spread across her face, before she cupped his cheeks and pressed her lips to his for the first time in six months.

True, he had visited home three months ago, but due to the short duration of the visit they hadn’t been able to steal even a little time for themselves.

Eun Jo smiled through the kiss.

He had been depraved for six months and the first thing she had told him upon entering this cottage had been the fact that she wasn’t on protection and didn’t have any with her either.

Of course he had avoided looking at her.

What had she been expecting?

One small kiss and all his self-restrain went straight to hell though.

So what if they couldn’t go all the way? That didn’t mean he couldn’t kiss her.

The thought of not being able to hold her for another six months upset him enough to press their bodies together in such a way that you wouldn’t recognize where one began and where the other ended.

He loved the way her lips moved with his.

He loved how soft her skin felt underneath his calloused hands.

He loved the fact that she let him hold her the way he wanted, without any complaints.

He loved the fact that she understood him enough to drive him to the brink of insanity sometimes.

He simply loved… her…

End of Chapter

 

Hello all you beautiful people!

I guess some of you were worried because Eun Jo didn't reply to Min Seol in the last chapter.

Well, he still hasn't said anything but hey, at least he finally accepted that he loves her <3

So what do you think about this chapter? Hate it? Like it? Love it? Tell me in your PMs and comments.

By the way thanks to all of you that commented on the last chapter and to all my subscribers. You guys are great for being so patient with me!

And to all the new subscribers. Happy reading guys =)

Thank you for all your support!

And sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes =D

p.s. I love you all <3