Chapter 5

Losing To You

 

Losing To You Chapter 5

 

Eun Jo

"I think we have everything we need now."
Min Seol's words sounded like music to my ears.

Why had I agreed to go shopping with her in the first place?

It had been a torturous three-hours-shopping-trip. The girl had dragged me from one shop to the other, all the while blabbing about this and that. It was always like this and I still went with her, every time she asked.

There was this really big problem, of me not being able to say no to her. It would throw me into my grave one day, I was sure of that.

"That means, we can go home now, right?" I asked, before she remembered something she had forgotten or added something to her list.

"I'm hungry." she said out of the blue.

"Well, let's go eat then. It's my treat." I would have done anything at that point to get away from those horrible toy shops.

Min Seol smiled at me.
"Your treat?" she asked, with eyebrows raised: "You'll do anything to get away from these 'horrible' toy shops, won't you?"

Couldn't she just stay silent for a few minutes?

"Let's go, before I change my mind, yes?" I muttered the words, shifting those huge shopping bags in my hands.

She shrugged and took the lead, once again.

How long would she probably keep on ordering me around like this?

And how long would I probably keep on obeying?

I had the weird feeling that it would be a very, very, very long time...

 

Author

The party for Jae Mi's first birthday was grand, to say the least.
Geum Hee had done a phenomenal job, in organizing everything.
The decoration, the food, the games, the guests, everything was just perfect.

Eun Jo scowled, as he made his way through the ocean of toddlers and their parents.

One little kid at home was enough, for him, a whole bunch of them was simply too much, way too much.

Min Seol had just finished repeating her English vocabulary cards, when Eun Jo reached her, in her secluded corner, which was his room, to be specific.
He threw himself down onto his bed, not even bothering to scold Min Seol for being in his room, without his permission.

"I guess everyone is still there?" she spoke the words quietly.

Eun Jo sighed: "If by everyone you mean the herd of toddlers and their parents, then yes, they haven't left yet."

"Don't worry, the babies are going to fall asleep soon and they'll all be gone in a bit." she reassured him.

"I really hope you're right." he closed his eyes: "Anyways, are you prepared for tomorrow?"

"Are you?" she questioned.

He lifted his head from the bed, a perfect replica of his hyung's smirk on his face: "Are you actually asking me?"

She scowled at him: "Oh sorry. For a minute there, I actually forgot that I was talking to a genius."

He chuckled at her antics: "So, how long are you going to stay here and bother me?"

"If you wanted to throw me out of this room," she started: "Then you could have just told me so. No need to be so subtle."

He narrowed his eyes at her: "Why are you so feisty lately? Is it PMS or something?"

She stared at him, in disbelief: "You really shouldn't be talking about such things with a girl."

"I didn't realize there was a girl in my room. Where is she? Hiding in my closet maybe?" he made a big show, of looking around his room, as if searching for something.

He just loved teasing her.

She rolled her eyes at him: "Haha. Very funny..." she paused: "I think I should go down and see if I can help with something. Maybe I can assist Seung Jo oppa with throwing some of the noisy guests out. I'm sure he'd appreciate the help."

She was halfway out the door, when he called for her: "Throw a few out for me as well, will you?"

She grinned at him: "Deal!"

Once Min Seol had closed the door behind her, Eun Jo let himself fall back down onto his bed, with a sigh.

He clearly remembered the first time he had been jealous, of his hyung. Ha Ni had managed to convince Sae Ra, the girl he had had a crush on at that point, to come over and play with him. Instead of Eun Jo though, Sae Ra had taken a liking to his hyung. The second time jealousy overcame him, had been, when he had seen Choi Yun Ho confessing to Min Seol, about two years ago. That stupid feeling had been nagging at him since then. It had not vanished, like the time he had been jealous of his hyung.

Eun Jo still had a few problems with understanding the difference between these two situations.

Jealousy was jealousy, right?

So then why did he have the urge to beat the crap out of Choi Yun Ho, whenever he saw that guy near Min Seol?

 

Eun Jo

The last few months had been a disaster. I hadn't been able to concentrate on anything, the way it was supposed to be.

In whichever direction I looked, she was there. She was everywhere, sometimes alone, sometimes with her friends and sometimes, with Choi Yun Ho following her around. And sometimes, she was there, even though she actually wasn't.

Did all of this make any sense?

It didn't, right?

That left only one logical explanation, which was that I was going insane.

Why else would I be seeing Min Seol anywhere and everywhere?

She couldn't possibly mean that much to me... Or could she?

No!

I had to stop thinking like that!
I liked her, so what? It was not a crime to be jealous, right?
Everyone could fall victim to that feeling. I had a damn right to be jealous. Min Seol was my friend after all. She liked ME!

She liked me...
Was it normal for me to smile like an idiot at that thought? It wasn't, right? So then why exactly...?

Alright, so, all of this was leading me to the same questions over and over again. Maybe it was time for me to find out the answer for that exact question...

End of Chapter

 

 

Hey guys!!!

I know that I haven't updated any of my stories, in over five months and most of you must be quite a bit unhappy about that but I'm really happy today...

First of all, the reason that I couldn't update: My laptop wasn't working all this time, our normal home computer crashed down at the same time my laptop did and it's still not working. So I actually had no access to a computer at home. Writing with my phone is quite a bit of a hassle and school coumputers don't allow me to upload my personal stuff on the internet. All of tihs might seem stupid but that's how it was. Nonetheless, I have been thinking about my stories and I have been writing everything with my hand nowadays.

So, yesterday. when I checked my laptop for nth time, it was working again and I have been typing like crazy in my free time.

One chapter after five months of nothing doesn't suffice, I know that but that's all I have at the moment... Don't worry though, now that my laptop works again and my writers block is gone as well, I'm sure the next updates won't take quite as much time as this one did =D

Now, finally coming to this chapter.

Eun Jo's jealousy play a rather big role in this story and I just love the fact that his head is so muddled up right now.

He is so sure of his feelings for Min Seol but at the same time he isn't... So this chapter was all Eun Jo and his thoughts.

Please tell me if you liked it or not. Your opinion is important to me. If you have any questions regarding the characters, their development, or the story and its development, please do not hesitate and ask them. I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

To all my subcribers that have stuck to me like glue during this long time, thank you very much for your patience and your support. And to all my new subscribers (yes, I mostly write such long author's notes) thank you very much for subscribing to this story and I hope you will enjoy reading it in the future =)

Thank you all for the many comments as well and keep on commenting, so that I can keep on writing!

Kamsahamnida for your support!!!

p.s. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes =)

p.p.s. If you forgot what happened in the last few chapters, you should go back and take a look. I had to do it as well...

p.p.p.s. I Love You<3