Chapter 10

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 10

 

Seung Jo

“Seung Jo-ah.” Ha Ni’s voice shook me out of my train of thoughts.

I had been so immersed in my patient charts that her voice had actually made me jump.

“Eun Jo’s pacing again.” she pointed out through our bedroom window to my parent’s house, where Eun Jo really was pacing up and down on the balcony and not for the first time either.

Ha Ni sat down on the desk, shielding my work from me: “This is the fourth night in a row Seung Jo. Talk to him.”

A sigh escaped: “What do want me to tell him Ha Ni? ‘Stop pacing Eun Jo, your sister-in-law won’t let me finish my work if you don’t.’ Something like that?”

I could see that she was prepared to give me a very big piece of her mind, right at that moment, but before she could do so, the baby phone alarmed us that So Young had woken up.

“I’ll go check on her.” I was halfway out of my chair, when Ha Ni pushed me back down on it.

“No, I’ll check on her.” she placed my cell phone in front of me: “You talk to your brother.”

Then she slid out of our room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

She had been right. It was really the fourth night in a row, where we had seen Eun Jo pacing like that. Maybe he had some kind of problem…

But Eun Jo wasn’t someone who liked people interfering in his business.

Then again, Eun Jo and I were rather similar. Which meant, perhaps I could be of some help to him.

And I realized, overanalyzing was going to help neither of us. So I picked up my phone and dialed my little brother’s number.

I smothered my laugh, as he jumped at the sound of his phone ringing.

“Hyung.” he sighed into the speaker.

I walked over to the window, opened it: “Eun Jo, look over here.”

He did and I waved: “You’ve been pacing on that balcony for four days now. What’s going on?”

He sighed again: “Hyung…”

“Listen, obviously something is wrong and your hyung-soo isn’t going to let me do my work in peace, as long as you don’t tell me. So just tell me and get it over with.” Ha Ni would kill me if she knew what I had said just now.

Eun Jo huffed in amusement: “So that’s why you’re calling. I was starting to wonder why you’d suddenly be so interested in my personal life.”

My eyes narrowed: “Are you trying to insult me Eun Jo? It’s not like I don’t care at all.”

He laughed out loud: “Hyung, this has nothing to do with insults. What I’m telling you is that you have a rather cold and very weird personality.”

Fine, so he was right: “Brat, you’re not really that different from me. Now can we talk about your problem?”

His smile faded, I saw it and heard it: “It’s not particularly my problem.”

“It isn’t?” he was confusing me.

He leaned forward onto the balcony’s railing: “Not really.”

“Then whose is it?” though I already had an idea.

Silence followed.

He was worrying me: “Eun Jo, Min Seol isn’t in any sort of trouble, is she?”

He sighed for a third time: “I don’t think trouble is the right word.” he paused: “I’d rather say it’s a difficult state of mind and phase in her life.”

He turned away from me, looking over at the Oh Residence, towards Min Seol’s window: “I can’t tell you, it wouldn’t be fair towards her. It’s just that she has to make some decisions at the moment and she needs to make them on her own, unless she says she wants help.”

“But you’re still worried about her.” it came out as a question.

He smiled again: “Of course I am. You know, I’m not as stupid as you used to be at my age.”

I should have felt insulted, but he was right and his statement only confirmed, what I had been suspecting for quite some time now.

So I smiled as well: “I’m going to ignore that comment. And as far as Min Seol’s concerned, if you’re really so worried about her, then why don’t you talk to her? At least that’s what Ha Ni always advises me to do and it seems to work, most of the time that is.”

He shuddered dramatically: “Hyung, you’re being totally mushy.”

“Just wait and watch.” I told him: “There’s going to be a day when you’ll be mushier than me.”

“You’re scaring me.” he laughed: “Anyways, thanks. Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up and waved once again, before closing the window.

“Did it work?” it was the second time within an hour that Ha Ni’s voice had made me jump.

I went over to my desk, leaned against it: “I think so, or better said I hope it did.”

 

Eun Jo

A surgery… A damn surgery!

And Min Seol was seriously thinking of doing it.

I understood the logic of it. I really did. She was thinking of it as a humanitarian cause, not anything else.

So why did I feel, like our roles had been reversed?

Why was she the logic thinker and I the emotional one, all of a sudden?

Min Seol was not someone, who cried easily. In the four years I had known her, she’d only cried a handful of times and most of the tears had been caused by the thoughts of her biological father.

Joo Ji Sub, her biological father, he had been the reason of her tears even without being present.

And now, after more than nineteen years that person remembered he had a daughter- no scratch that. He remembered he had another daughter.

“She’s just seven years old, Eun Jo.” Min Seol told me, as we sat in a café near our homes.

After the conversation with hyung I had asked Min Seol to come out with, even if it was rather late.

“Is it true though?” I couldn’t shake off the feeling that she was going to get hurt.

She nodded: “I went to the hospital to check on everything. It’s true, she really is his daughter.”

My eyebrows shot up: “You met her?”

The waiter brought our order and she grabbed the cup in front of her, warming her hands with it: “No, I saw her and her mother, but they didn’t see me.”

I sipped my coffee, felt the bitter beverage slide down my throat: “What about your parents? You talked to them, right? What did they say?”

Her eyes followed my hands and stayed put: “They weren’t really happy, especially omma. And who could blame her, really? But they said it was my decision to take.” she paused: “I’m going to do it Eun Jo.”

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!!!

First of all Happy New Year to everyone! I'm sorry I forgot to wish you all in my last update. I can be such an idiot sometimes...=P

So, coming back to the story, yes Min Seol's biological father is here and he came with a purpose. I know this chapter is a little bit confusing but the whole truth will be out in the next update. 

There will be lots of romance in the upcoming updates, so hopefully you'll enjoy it, as much as I enjoy writing their story.

How did you like this chapter? Tell me in your comments, or PM me if you want, I'll try to answer all of your questions as well, if you have any.

A special thanks to everyone, who commented and to my new subscribers: Welcome and happy reading!

Kamsahamnida!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes!

p.p.s. I love You all <3