Chapter 15

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 15

 

Eun Jo

I remembered the day of my High School Graduation to be one of the most eventful days in my life, starting with the fact that Min Seol and I had humiliated ourselves in front of the whole school and ending with the fact that Min Seol and I had decided to start dating, secretly of course.

Today, the day of my University Graduation, had turned out to be quite eventful as well… with a few differences here and there.

For instance, the graduation ceremony itself had gone by without any humiliating or special incidents taking place.

Hopefully what I was about to announce during a family dinner at home wouldn’t spoil this otherwise peaceful day.

Hyung had even surprised us with his attendance today. Everyone was so happy. They were celebrating Min Seol’s and my graduation, our parents, our siblings, our nieces, all of them.

“I’m going to attend the military service starting two weeks from now.” I let the words rush out of my mouth without any warning what-so-ever.

They all stopped moving, except for So Young and a collective silence took over.

“You’re going away?” Kyu Shin’s question caught us all off guard. Nobody had expected the six-year-old little boy to break the silence like this.

“Are you going away to work for a long time, like appa?” Jae Mi was the next one to question me.

Surprisingly none of the adults had spoken until now.

I refrained myself from cursing in front of the children, when I felt a sharp pain go through my leg and turned to glare at Min Seol next to me, who had just kicked my shin under the table.

“What did you do that for?” I snapped at her.

She smiled at my discomfort, tilting her head to the side: “The rug-rats asked you something Eun Jo. Answer them.”

I turned back to face the kids: “Yes, I’m going away for some time.”

The answer was sufficient for the children and they shut up after that, but that was when the adults started talking again.

What happened then was the repetition of the speech I had given Min Seol, when I had told her about my decision a week ago.

The only comfort in all of this?

My girlfriend was clutching my hand under the table way too tight…

Once the shock had somewhat ebbed away Min Seol announced the news of her internship.

As far as I knew her, she had probably told them at this point to avoid any more conversation on my decision.

It worked and I was eternally grateful for it.

And this time it was me, who was squeezing her hand under the table.

 

Author

It was later; in the middle of the night that Eun Jo stepped out of his room to clear his head.

He couldn't sleep and he had been trying for hours!

On his way to the balcony he almost didn't notice the hunched over form next to the door of his old room.

He walked over to the seemingly unconscious form: "Min Seol, are you okay?"

Min Seol stirred awake at his voice: "What?" she paused, rubbing the sleep from her eyes: "Yeah, I'm fine."

"What are you doing out here?" he asked her: "Why aren't you in the room?"

She still seemed a little disoriented: "The children keep kicking in their sleep..."

Now he was confused: "Isn't that your own fault? You're the one that said it was okay to take care of the children tonight."

She looked up at him, frowning: "Our parents and siblings are couples Eun Jo. They deserve some damn privacy, at least for one night."

"If that's the case Min Seol, then you'll have to remember that we're also a couple. We deserve some damn privacy too." he said this matter-of-factly, but his face revealed a smile.

Min Seol tried very hard to resist but she couldn't help smiling back at him: "Whatever."

"Come on!" he grabbed her hands and pulled her up to stand: "You can't spend the whole night on the corridor floor."

"Where else am I gonna go?" she wanted to know.

He smirked at her: "You're coming with me of course."

"What if someone comes in?" she questioned him.

He tilted his head to the side: "Hyung and Ha Ni hyung-soo are in their own house and our parents won’t be back from their little trip until tomorrow evening."

"What about the kids?" she wanted to know next.

Eun Jo sighed: "Min Seol, all of them are sleeping soundly. Now would you stop stalling and let me take you to my room, so we can have some damn privacy too?"

 

Min Seol

I tried to stop myself from grinning. I tried hard! I really, really did, but Eun Jo's frustrated expression was just too funny!

He narrowed his eyes at me: "Are you trying to mess with my head?"

A giggle escaped me: "It worked, didn't it?"

For a moment there it looked like he wanted to break something, but I didn't have enough time look at him properly, since he kissed me before I could do so.

“Privacy.” he murmured against my lips: “Now, Min Seol.”

Well, I wasn’t complaining, was I?

The only clear thing I remembered was the door closing behind us, everything after that was kind of blurry in my head.

I had no idea, when we got rid of our clothes, nor did I remember how we landed on his bed. It seemed like a tangled mess, honestly.

We weren’t sleeping with each other for the first time, we’d done that about one and a half years back. But at this moment in time I knew one thing perfectly well.

I loved Eun Jo with all my heart…

“I love you.” my words broke the silence which had been lasting for quite a few minutes, while we had just lain there.

His mind went into overload at this point. I could practically hear it working like a machine. Even after dating me for over four years, he was stunned by my confession. Shouldn’t he have known by now? This guy could be so stupid sometimes…

“I’m not expecting an answer Eun Jo. You don’t have to say it back… Actually, you know what? You don’t have to say anything. I really don’t want you to ruin this moment for me. I know that if you talk right now, you’ll probably end up saying something that will shatter my bliss.”

His body relaxed, his arms around me loosened, before tightening once again.

“I wouldn’t say something like that.” he mumbled, clearing his throat: “You just took me by surprise, that’s all.”

I buried my head in his chest, hiding my face from him.

He may not have said that he loved me, but at least he hadn’t said that he didn’t love me either.

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

First of all, this is till RomancefreaK, I just changed my name to SophAidenRyan...

Now, coming to the story. I know you all have waited for a vey long time, but so did I.

I have just finished writing Losing To You and am going to update a chapter every second or third day from now on.

So there you have it. Eun Jo and Min Seol have already slept with each other and not for the first time either.

Please tell me what you think about this chapter in your comments and PMs.

Kamsahamnida for all your support and patience!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

p.p.s. I love you all <3