Chapter 18

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 18

 

Author

Eun Jo and Min Seol had both taken a decision in the old Data Room, after Eun Jo had proposed.

They were going to tell their family about their relationship and they were going to do it on that same day.

It was simple.

But fate had a way of twisting simple things around and making them complicated.

Searching for the files, which their Team Leader had asked for, took them all day long. Only when their working hours were finished did they exit the old Data Room.

As they walked through the maze of desks on the 4th floor to get back to their own desks, every person that saw them seemed to stop talking and doing whatever they had been doing.

Some people formed little groups of three or four and started speaking with each other in hushed voices.

“Why is everyone staring at us like that?” Min Seol whispered to Eun Jo.

Eun Jo could only shrug.

Their Team Leader was already expecting them when they reached their desks: “Where were you two all this time?”

Min Seol blinked at him, a little confused: “You sent us to the old Data Room to search for some files Team Jang-nim.”

“Have you two looked at the notice board today?” he demanded.

They both looked at each other, before shaking their heads at their Team Leader.

Team Leader Jung sighed: “Work’s over for today anyways. You can go home now, but you should take a look at the notice board before you leave.”

The two left to find the notice board after collecting their things and bidding their goodbyes.

What they saw there was something they hadn’t been expecting at all.

There was a huge crowd in front of the company’s notice board. But that was not the reason for their surprise. No, what shocked them was how the crowd parted to let them through after seeing them standing there.

Eun Jo’s mouth and Min Seol’s eyes popped open upon seeing the attention-catching object on the notice board.

Eun Jo swore under her breath: “What the ?”

While Min Seol sighed: “These sorts of things are going to follow us through our whole lives, aren’t they?”

Someone had apparently photographed them in the old Data Room today and now there was a big and clear picture of them, kissing, on the company’s notice board.

Eun Jo handled the situation as calmly as possible.

Handling the situation calmly meant that he ripped the picture off of the board, grabbed Min Seol’s hand in his and left the building with her in tow.

They heaved a sigh of relief as soon as they sat down in Eun Jo’s car.

“What do we do now?” Min Seol asked aloud.

Eun Jo looked over at her, considering a few ideas in his head: “I think we should go and watch a movie.”

She turned her head to face him: “What? Something disastrous like this happened and all you can think of is watching a movie?”

He shrugged: “What’s so disastrous about this incident? I mean, we did plan on telling our family about us anyways. We should enjoy our last few hours of freedom, rather than worry about what will happen next.”

She rolled her eyes: “Correction Eun Jo. We planned on telling our family, not the whole world. Our mothers are going to kill us for not telling them earlier.

He pursed his lips: “Don’t you think the whole world would have found out even after we’d have told our family? And who knows? Maybe appa left today before that picture was posted on the notice board. Maybe we still have the possibility to tell them ourselves.”

She doubted that, really. But, in all honesty, all Eun Jo was trying to do was cheer her up at the moment and she knew that very well.

Keeping that in mind, she smiled at him, before leaning over to peck him on the lips.

“What was that for?” he questioned just a breath away from her lips.

Again Min Seol smiled and this time it was her who shrugged: “Just because I wanted to.”

Leaning back into her seat she said: “Your offer is really tempting, but as far as I’m concerned, this isn’t the right time to go watch a movie. I think it’s better if we go home and clear all this stupid mess, before it escalates…”

He huffed, ruffling his hands through his hair in frustration: “You’re right.” turning the key, he started the car: “Let’s get this over with as fast as possible.”

 

Eun Jo

These things were easier said than done.

I had somehow managed to calm Min Seol down, but who was going to calm me down?

Okay, I mean we had decided that we would tell our families about us today and yes, we should have been more careful as well.

Did it really have to happen like this though?

Did our picture really have to be posted on the damn notice board in appa’s company? And who the hell was responsible for this idiotic stunt anyways?

The drive home was quiet, once again. I had thought that after making up with her, Min Seol would be her usual chattering-self again. But no! Even that occasion had to be postponed because of those damned photos. It didn’t take long for us to reach my house.

They were all there. We just knew that our entire family was assembled in my parents’ house.

Fear was an emotion which I hadn’t experienced a lot in my life.

Not that it was abnormal to feel it. I just didn’t like it.

Fear was something that made a person either strong or weak.

Today it was making me weak or better said it was making us weak.

Maybe that was why we sat more than a half hour in the car, even though it was parked right in front of the house.

“We should go in.” her words may have sounded stable, but when I looked over at her she seemed anything but.

God knew what kind of thoughts she was wrecking her brain with.

It’s not like they were going to kill us just because were together.

“Let’s go.” I tried to keep my voice as well as my expressions stable too.

She took two deep breaths, nodded at me and then climbed out of the car.

I gathered all my belongings, pulling out the car keys and followed her outside.

We shared one last glance with each other, before opening the door and entering the house…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

See, I'm being a good author now and keeping my promise of updating regularily...

Now, I have to say I was practically laughing out loud when I saw the comments for the last chapter. Seems like a lot of you were worried that I might throw in an arranged marriage twist or something... Well, better luck next time with the guessing. 

There is no big arranged-marriage, or seperation plot twist. Nope. It's just a big fat picture of them, on the notice board. Story of their lives, isn't it?

What do you think? Who is the culprit this time around? And what about their family's reaction? I'll be waiting for some more guesses. 

So, now you also have to tell me about how you feel about this chapter. Hate it? Like it? Love it?

Tell me in your comments and PMs. They are always appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter and to my subscribers. And to all my new subscribers: Welcome and Happy reading! 

Sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes =D

Thanks for your support!

p.s. I love you all <3