Epilogue

Losing To You

Losing To You Epilogue

 

Author

One fateful day, Hwang Geum Hee, Baek Eun Jo’s mother had made a fool out of her son and his girlfriend.

And now, four weeks later there remained less than 24 hours until those two fools officially tied the knot.

Eun Jo had not been kidding, when he had said that he wanted to get married to Min Seol as soon as possible and had it not been for the fact that his whole family wanted to make a big affair out of their wedding, he would have dragged Min Seol to the Marriage Registrar Office as soon as he got the chance to do it.

The invitations had been distributed last week and now all that the bride and groom had to do was to wait for the big day to finally arrive.

Eun Jo

Stupid wedding traditions! Stupid rules!

The whole family was going crazy, preparing for Min Seol’s and my wedding tomorrow.

But all I could think about was the stupid rule they had imposed on me.

They had seriously ordered me to stay away from Min Seol until our wedding ceremony!

As if I was going to follow their stupid rule…

While pacing my room for the nth time I picked up my phone from my bed, dialing Min Seol’s number without any further thoughts.

“Eun Jo…” she sighed, picking up on the first ring.

I smirked: “What’s the hurry?”

“I was waiting for your call.” she said.

She had been waiting for my call?

My smirk stretched into a smile: “Hey, do you think you can sneak out without anyone catching you?”

Some rustling on the other end could be heard, before she replied: “What do you have in mind?”

I let my body fall on top of my bed: “Let’s go out.”

“And do what?” came her retort.

My eyes focused on a tiny dark spot on the ceiling: “I don’t know. We could watch a movie, get something to eat, or just, you know, hang out.”

“Eun Jo-ah.” again the rustling on her side: “We’re getting married tomorrow. We have the rest of our lives to hang out.”

She was trying to reason with me, which was as unusual as me suggesting that we just hang out, but I would not be swayed tonight.

I had my important reason as well: “Yeah, you’re right, but tomorrow you won’t be my girlfriend anymore.”

It was quiet on the other end.

“Come on.” I almost had her: “Let me have those last few hours with my girlfriend.”

Another sigh sounded from the other end: “I’ll meet you outside in ten minutes.”

A full-fledged grin replaced my smile.

“Wear something warm. It’s cold outside.“ I told her before hanging up and looking for a way to sneak past my hawk-eyed mother.

Ten minutes later I was sitting in my car, watching as Min Seol made her way out of her house.

As soon as she climbed into the car she asked: “Where are we going?”

Where were we going? I had no idea. I hadn’t even thought about that.

After weighing out a few options I questioned: “The beach?”

Her face lit up and she nodded excitedly.

With almost empty streets and highways the drive took us about an hour and a half, which passed rather slowly, what with Min Seol falling asleep almost as soon as the car had started moving.

I didn’t like waking her up, especially when she looked so tired but now that we were here, in the middle of the night, she would kill me if I let her miss this view.

All I had to do was to poke her neck and she stirred awake.

“What?” she demanded in that sleep-induced voice of hers.

“We’re at the beach Min Seol.” I half whispered: “Wake up.”

“Right.” she yawned, stretching her arms as much as possible in the car: “You kidnapped me. I remember that.”

I chuckled at her sleepy humor: “I don’t think it’s called kidnapping if you come along willingly.”

“Right.” she said again, blinking the sleep from her eyes: “What you did is called emotional blackmail.”

 

Min Seol

I watched, pleased as Eun Jo bit back a laugh and then shook his head in mock frustration.

“Let’s just get out of the car before we have to drive back.” he suggested.

The beach was beautiful and empty, except for us.

Eun Jo had made the right choice by driving us here and an even better one by packing a few sandwiches for us to eat.

“Do you have cold feet?” his question caught me off-guard, surprising me while I gazed at the waves in front of me.

Did I have cold feet?

My appa would walk me down the aisle tomorrow, my whole family would be there and I would be marrying Eun Jo.

“No.” I told him honestly: “I don’t have cold feet. What about you?”

“I’m way past the cold-feet-stage, trust me!” he chuckled: “The last time I remember having cold feet was in high school, before you forced me to accept that ridiculous dare of yours.”

Biting my lower lip, I turned to him: “Well it worked, didn’t it?”

He nodded, smiling at me: “That reminds me of something… you lost Min Seol.”

“Huh?” what did he mean?

“You’re dare.” he clarified: “On the night of our graduation, six years ago, you called me a coward and dared me to give in to my feelings.” he sighed: “See where you got me with that? I’m marrying you in a few hours, which means I succeeded the dare, which in turn means that you lost Kim Min Seol.”

A breathless laugh escaped me: “Yah Baek Eun Jo. Who told you that I wanted to win anyways? Don’t you know? Losing to you was my aim from the very beginning.”

The next thing I knew Eun Jo was right in front of me, just a breath away.

“Are you telling me you lost on purpose?” he whispered, moving even closer, closing the distance between us, almost.

He wanted an answer.

He was demanding it in his own way.

“That’s exactly what I’m telling you.” I whispered back and that was my patience’ end.

I grabbed his hoodie, pulling on it and crashing his lips to mine at last.

His small laugh vibrated through our bodies and then he kissed me back with full force, making me part my lips and starting the age-old dance for dominance.

Eun Jo’s kisses always left me breathless and lightheaded.

We had been together for six years now and he could still do that to me.

He panted, slightly out of breath as well: “I think we should go back now.” Planting one last kiss on my lips he said: “We’re supposed to get married in a few hours after all.”

I nodded. He was right. We would be getting married in a few hours.

And as we walked back to the car together, hands intertwined, the only thought that crossed my mind was that losing to him had been worth it all…

End of Epilogue

 

Hello all you beautiful people!

Sooo... This is it guys. Losing To You has officially ended.

I got a lot of private messages asking me why I'm not writing about their Marriage and their life after it. Well, I've already explored that with Seung Jo and Ha Ni so, I think that would be quite boring to do it all over again.

This was the right way to end Min Seol and Eun Jo's story, in my opinion at laest.

So what do you think about the epilogue? Please tell me in your comments and PMs, they are always, always appriciated =D

Thank you to every single person who commented, subscribed and read this story. I know I've been really bad for making you wait all this time, what with me and all the writer's blocks I've had, but all of you still supported me throughout and I so love you for that! <3

Thank you for everything!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes =)

p.p.s. My new aim will be to continue The Perfect Match now...

p.p.p.s. I love you all a lot <3<3<3