Chapter 3

Losing To You

 

Losing To You Chapter 3

 

Min Seol

Dear god, I needed to tell someone about my situation or I was going to explode from paranoia. Someone, anyone trustworthy would do.

I didn’t believe what I was about to do. I swallowed, before knocking on the door.

“Come in!” unnie’s voice rang from the other side.

One last, large breath was through my lungs and then I entered my older sister’s room.

“Hey unnie!” my greeting must have been too cheery for my haunted appearance, because she looked rather weirdly at me.

“Min Seol-ah” her face lit up after an instant: “I was just thinking about you.”

She was: “You were?”

She smiled at me: “Yes, but that’s not important. Was there something you wanted from me?”

My eyes widened for the friction of a second, before I composed myself once again: “Actually, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something.”

The sentence came out as the question it was supposed to be.

“Sure!” unnie agreed without a hint of hesitation.

She steered me over to her bed and motioned for me to sit down: “So, what is it that you want to talk about?”

The open door came into my sight: “Can we close the door first?”

Who knew, if someone overheard us while walking by? That would be a nightmare coming true.

Unnie complied with my request and was back to her former seat within seconds, eyebrows raised, in a questioning manner: “Well?”

Hm. Somehow I had landed myself in a shortage of excuses.

Why was I here again?

Right! It was because I had to talk with someone about my idiotic dilemma.

“You see,” I started: “About three weeks ago…” It was best to get it over with as fast as possible: “On New Year’s Eve…Eunjokissedme.”

“I didn’t really get those last few words Min Seol-ah.” Unnie said after a short silence.

I shut my eyes tightly and repeated my last words a bit slower: “Eun Jo kissed me.”

One of my eyes blinked open to see my elder sister’s reaction. She had her knees pulled up to her chest, her arms rested upon them and her chin on top of her forearms. My other eye opened after seeing her excited expression.

But strangely, she didn’t comment on my statement like I had anticipated.

“Unnie,” I began carefully: “Don’t you have anything to say?”

“Oh, there are definitely some things I want to say but it would be better if I told you those after you tell me the whole story, with details, of course.” she said.

“Details?” I made sure.

She nodded eagerly.

So, I told her. I told her about the New Year’s Eve party, the truth and dare game, the idiotic dare, Eun Jo’s rejection of me and lastly, the kiss itself.

At the end of my tale, she had a thoughtful smile stretched across her face: “Those two really are brothers.”

“Huh?” what was she talking about?

“Your Seung Jo oppa and Eun Jo are not really that different, I already knew as much, but I didn’t think that Eun Jo would as daft as Seung Jo when it came to these matters.” she mumbled somewhat in awe.

“I still don’t understand what you’re talking about.” and I really didn’t.

 

Author

Min Seol had no idea what her sister had been talking about. Obviously it had to be something about her and Eun Jo, right?

“That doesn’t matter! You don’t have to understand, just keep in mind that you can’t let Eun Jo get to you. If he has decided to ignore the fact that he kissed you, then you’ll do the same.” Ha Ni’s voice was quite commanding to say the least.

Poor Min Seol sat there, listening to her sister’s orders: “Why?”

“Because,” Ha Ni began: “You shouldn’t make the same mistake I did. Seung Jo’s behavior was similar to Eun Jo’s after our first kiss and I still followed him around.

I’m wiser now, so mark my words. Give him some space. Try not to be always around him, though you shouldn’t lose contact as well.”

“And what will these things get me?” the little sister inquired.

Ha Ni hesitated before answering: “If he has feelings for you,” which Ha Ni was sure he did have: “then he will come to realize them faster. If he doesn’t… well, let’s not think about that.” she paused: “Now, do you understand what I mean?”

Slowly but surely Min Seol nodded, she understood perfectly well.

Not once but many times had her older sister told her, how hard and painful it had been, when the situation of Seung Jo’s arranged marriage had come up. And all this had happened only because Seung Jo had been confused about his feelings.

She knew that Ha Ni didn’t want her and Eun Jo to go through the same hurt.

 

Min Seol

I was determined now. Whatever Baek Eun Jo did from now on, I would not let him affect me anymore!

 

Eun Jo

What had they been talking about for so long in there?

Had she been telling Ha Ni hyung-soo about New Year’s Eve? She couldn’t possibly do that, now could she? I mean, I was confused as well, maybe even more than she was, but that still didn’t mean that I could run to hyung and to him about it. Hell no! If he ever found out about that incident, I would be in for so much teasing and that, I really couldn’t bear.

I knew he was still pissed off about me telling Ha Ni hyung-soo about him kissing her in the woods.

“Eavesdropping?

Hyung’s amused voice was the only thing that could make me jump out of surprise like a little child and whirl around.

“What?! No!” okay, so perhaps that answer had come a bit faster than it should have.

Hyung had that sly little grin stretched across his face, just like two weeks ago, at the dinner table and my delusional mind cleared itself once again. Who was I kidding? Hyung knew already, as did Ha Ni hyung-soo.

“Don’t worry! I won’t tell anyone!” he told me, grin still intact.

“But hyung, I wasn’t listening!” I insisted.

“Listening to what?” did Min Seol really have to choose that moment to exit that darn room?

“Nothing!” there went another answer that came out too fast out of my mouth. Damn it!

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at me, while Ha Ni hyung-soo, who stood behind her, smiled knowingly.

Thank god Min Seol left after doing that small action.

That meant one down and only two more to go.

Hyung chuckled light and patted my shoulder, while walking past me: “I told you already. Don’t worry! I won’t tell anyone!”

With these words, he entered his room with his wife in tow and closed the door, leaving me all by myself with my treacherous thoughts…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Okay, so I don't even know how to apologize for prolonging my update for so long, but I'm still sorry!!!!
You all already know my excuse and I really hope the next update doesn't take me as long as this one...

Anyways, thank you all very much for subscribing and commenting and please continue doing that, because I really need your support!!!

So, how did you like this chapter? Girl talk with two sisters and big brother Seung Jo teasing little Eun Jo... 

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

Kamsahamnida for being so patient!!!

p.s. I love you all <3