Chapter 4

Losing To You

 

Losing To You Chapter 4

 

Author

It was the middle of May.

Over five months had gone by since Eun Jo and Mil Seol’s kiss on New Year’s Eve.

Min Seol had taken her sister’s advice very seriously. She had done exactly what Ha Ni had told her. She hadn’t let Eun Jo or his behavior get to her.

If he could pointedly ignore the fact that he had kissed her, then so could she.

The thing was just that they both still kept thinking about it, even if they let it on, on the outside.

At first, Eun Jo had been rather surprised by Min Seol’s reaction to his behavior. He hadn’t expected her to take it so calmly. The Min Seol he knew would have cursed him to hell and back, a very long time ago.

Unconsciously, exactly that calmness from Min Seol and the ignorance from Eun Jo had had brought their rather weird friendship back on track.

In Min Seol’s mind, she had given up the hope of having her feelings reciprocated. Her sister had told her that, if Eun Jo did have any feelings for her, that he would realize them sooner, if she behaved the way she did. She had done it but Eun Jo’s behavior hadn’t changed. Her mind was at piece by now.

Eun Jo, on the other hand wasn’t at piece, at all. He didn’t like the fact that he was on a friendship basis with Min Seol and he was angry at himself for that. He liked her. He knew that, for crying out loud. So why couldn’t he just tell her and get it over with?

To make matters worse, there was still that thing with Choi Yun Ho going on. Eun Jo had noticed in school that Choi Yun Ho still hadn’t given up on Min Seol. He was around her, wherever she went. He was wooing her and Eun Jo didn’t like it one bit…

So that night, when he was helping Min Seol with studying, for the upcoming final exams, of their last year, he wasn’t quite able to concentrate on the task at hand.

Helping Min Seol with her studies had become some kind of routine for Eun Jo, since he had met her a few years ago.

He had given her some sheets with English Grammar to read and meanwhile had taken a liking to staring into space and brooding about his current situation, concerning the girl that was present in his room at the moment.

“Eun Jo-ah, I have to talk to you about something.” Min Seol told him, once she finished reading the papers.

Eun Jo didn’t answer. He was still busy, staring into space.

“Eun Jo-ah?” Min Seol waved her hand in front of his face.

There was still no response.

“Yah, Baek Eun Jo!” she finally shouted.

Eun Jo, like he always had been, remained calm and turned his head slowly towards the girl: “What?”

Min Seol sighed: “I said that I have to talk to you about something.”

“I heard that the first time.” he sounded irritated: “So what do you have to talk to me about?”

“Jae Mi’s birthday is coming up soon.” she started.

“So?” he demanded curtly.

“Well,” she began: “Your omma is throwing a big party for that occasion and I thought we should get her a present, since it’s her first birthday and all.”

“We?” he asked: “Why do we have to do it together?”

Min Seol blinked, once, twice. She was hurt. She had forced herself to get used to the fact that Baek Eun Jo didn’t like her the same way she liked him, but she thought that at least they were good friends.

Apparently that wasn’t the case anymore.

She struggled to answer his question, but she still did: “We don’t have to do it together. It’s just that we always go out together to buy birthday presents… But it’s alright; you don’t have to, if you don’t want to.”

Eun Jo didn’t say anything for a while.

The two of them sat in caging silence, pretending to work on their studies.

At last, he did say something: “We can go on Friday, after school. If we don’t find anything on Friday, we can go again on Saturday. That should give us plenty of time to get the presents.”

Min Seol didn’t look up, but she smiled and nodded her head in agreement. It seemed like she hadn’t been wrong to assume that they were still friends.

 

Eun Jo

Min Seol was back to studying, solving the math problems I had given her.

I had nothing else to do, so it was no wonder that my thoughts started to wander. Choi Yun Ho was trying to get close to Min Seol again. I couldn’t understand him. Min Seol had rejected him, not once but many times. Min Seol and I both had hit him at least once and he still tried to make a move on her, every chance he got.

Didn’t that guy have any self-respect?

Could it be that she wasn’t rejecting him anymore?

I looked at Min Seol. She was giving her all, in solving the equations.

“Min Seol.” I called her quietly.

“Hm?” She didn’t look up from her paper.

“How’s your relationship with Choi Yun Ho going lately?” she had to react to this question, right?

Min Seol stopped writing and turned towards me, staring as if I had grown a second head.

“Are you out of your mind?” she asked calmly. She didn’t wait for my answer to continue though: “Relationship? Seriously? Do you think I’m so desperate for a boyfriend that I’d go out with Choi Yun Ho?” she paused: “I think you’ve gone insane.”

Maybe I had gone insane. Why else would I have asked such a stupid question?

Min Seol packed her things together, or rather threw them into her bag.

“I’ll see you tomorrow… and I really hope you’re normal till then.” with these words she opened my bedroom door and left.

Why, just, why was it so hard to be as ignorant as hyung had been with these matters? Why couldn’t I just stop myself from doing all this nonsense?

I mean, of course I knew why I had asked her about Choi Yun Ho. I wasn’t stupid.

No, I was jealous and I actually knew it…

End of Chapter

 

Hey there!

Yes I know I haven't updated in ages. I'm really sorry for that but I couldn't help it...

Too many things to do and too little time...

But, even if you don't consider this, the thing is, this story will not be very long, which means that the progress will be quite fast. So I have to think carefully about what I will write in a chapter and what not. 

Well, now as for this chapter. First of all, of course, I hope you liked it. It seems that Eun Jo is very much aware of his feelings for Min Seol, right?

Well, they do know each other for some years now and they ARE friends before anything else.

I can promise you that the next chapter will be up soon but I did plan out what will happen in next few chapters, so I'll try to upload as fast as I can. The focus is on the word TRY.

Thank you to everyone, who has subscribed to this story and everyone, who commented, I hope you guys will keep doing that.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. I Love You all <3

p.p.s. I did not proof read this, so there will be more mistakes than ususal...