Show Must Go On

For my Friends with Love (Open again)

*****

It was still few minutes till filming their second part of the show, were he was suppose to appear with his bandmates, and Leeteuk decided to go out of the backdoor for some fresh air and to clean up his mind. He looked at the full moon and starts covering the sky, and thought how he wanted that girl be here now.

He heard some noise coming from the side and turned his head. Someone was getting up from the bench further from the door, and when this person stepped into the light from the lamp on the poll..

That was her. The girl was her. Oh God. Before she could go pass him into the door he stepped into her line of vision and smiled.

-Hi, we meet again.

*****

Sitting outside Xaira was playing with her phone and glancing at the watch on her wrist from time to time. She has to get into the taxi pretty soon; otherwise she might be late to board her plane home. She was still partly in shock of being able to meet and talk to her crush. It was literally the dream coming true. That meeting would have been enough to her to feel good for a lifetime. But of course, being the girl, she could not still wonder what impression she made on him and what he thought about her. She secretly hoped that while performing he will be looking for her. Even if her brain’s reasonable and down-to-earth part was telling her not to let her mind go too far into dreamland. She kept repeating to herself as a mantra:

“Xaira, don’t be crazy! He has hundreds of girls jumping on him. Do you want to be one of those? And its not like he will even notice you in the crowd when he can date any famous model or actress”.

So she was shocked to see him again like this and even more that he started to talk to her. But it was definitely impolite to not answer him, so when his second question came up about how she got to be at this programme, Xiara pulled herself from the shock and finally answered:

-  I planned my visit to a friend for this week and my friend helped me to get a backstage tour. She did it as a present to me, knowing that I am always listening to Super Junior’s music”

“Thank you for being our fan” – Leeteuk said the customary phrase, but the next one came out as a total surprise:

- Do you want to meet after the concert?” – he asked suddenly. 

Her eyes open wide and shocked expression was written all over her face.

“I  can’t….. ” – Xaira could hardly speak.

“No, what I mean..” - he started to speak again, but was interrupted by the ring of her mobile.

Xaira answered it quickly, thankful for distraction as she was close to fainting. She quickly talked to her worried friend on the phone. The reminder of how little of time she has left before she needed to go felt as a cold shower to Xiara, freezing her soul and tears in her eyes. She closed her phone and turned to face Leeteuk again.

Leeteuk was so eager to found the answer to his previous question.

- So, will I see you again? Tonight?

Leeteuk was waiting for her reply holding his breath.

- I… I can’t… I have a flight tonight… I am sorry…

Xaira sobbed and run away.

 

His gaze followed her disappearing form. Then Leeteuk turned and left silently.

****

Guys from the group worriedly looked at each other, when their leader came back with strange expression on his face and sat on the sofa.

“Are you alright?” – Siwon asked.

Leeteuk buried his head in his hands and shrugged. It was really laughable to put his hopes up because of few kind words. He smiled bitterly.

Than their make-up artist came for the last check up.

“Leeteuk -sshi, your turn”, but he still did not move.

 “ Oh, I almost forgot, but one of the crew asked to pass this note to you, she said it is very important”.

Mostly automatically he took the note and glanced at it:

 “I’ll  stay. I will wait on the bench after the show. Xaira.”

His smile lit up the room.

****

As soon as Leeteuk stepped out of the back entrance Xaira ran into his arms.

He met her halfway and took into his arm.

-What about your flight?

-I decided to miss it.  – answered Xaira not really caring for the rest, only the warm embrace she was still in.

“Thank you for changing your mind.”-  came a whisper from him.

“Thank you for coming for me. And sorry for how I ran away before. It was so sudden, I did not know what to do..

“I was thinking about you all this time. Since you talked to me before the show. He slowly turned her to face him and smiled at her.

“ I …. “ was the only thing she said, before Leeteuk immediately silenced her with the kiss.

Really, it was all that mattered for the moment. Xiara may have helped the show to go on in the beginning, but this kiss will help with a long and happy life to go on for both of them.

 

The End