Memory Lane

For my Friends with Love (Open again)

*****

   Conny sat at her desk, dropping the magazine on it, and brought hands to the burning cheeks trying to cool them. Had she been in a hug with SHINee’s Onew just a moment ago? And actually boldly laid her head on his chest? O no... She felt like she will die from embarrassment any moment now. But recalling the scene she can’t help the huge smile making its way on her face. She was so glad that meeting him in person have been all she imagined him to be and even better. He was as kind and polite as any internet article described him and as for the looks… His face was even cuter and softer; none of the pictures were able to capture his kind gaze and the feeling of comfort the one felt around him.

She traced her fingers on Onew’s picture at the magazine cover, feeling the urge to comb through his hair with her hand. 

“Should have taken a chance than!” – Conny thought to herself, than shook her head in utter disbelief to her own thoughts. She tried to get out of daydreaming mood and return to work.

She really tried.  But it was impossible to get the day’s events out of her head completely. Conny found herself falling in and out of the reality a lot during the rest of working hours, glad that it was only few left. She wanted the working day to finish up quick, than she will be able peacefully think about today and Onew all she wants, and she knew just the perfect place for the undisturbed dreaming.

*****

After some relaxing walk and wondering around after the work, Conny finally got home. All the daydreaming put her into nostalgic mood and she decided to go through her ‘treasures’ once again. She reached to the further corner of the shelf and pulled out her precious memory box. There were all the small pieces and things Conny held dear to her heart and she never forgot to take the box with her if leaving home for longer than 1 week.

She sat herself comfortably on the bed and started to pull things out of the box, laying them around her. There was a small pendant, her first jewelry present from her parents; ear studs and charms which were the presents from her best friends before this trip, and the first love letter she received from the classmate on the Valentine’s Day; and eraser, which she thought to be so pretty in her primary school that she never used it and a lot of other small things girls tend to keep as mementos.

Her hand unconsciously moved to touch the filigree in the box. She paused and remembered that silky cascade which was hold by that filigree long, long ago. She wished she knew who it was, but could not remember anything more about the boy, except that hair and the shining-sunny feeling she got whenever her memory took her thoughts to him. To think of it, she got the same feeling when Onew hugged her…

*****

When Onew came out of his daze, the girl was long gone. “Miss Constanze.. Constanze.. Conny..” – he tried saying her name in his head and sighed. Sometimes he did not like himself at all. He would like to be more strong and self-confident, to be able to easy-talk any girl and make her laugh. He could not comprehend where he got the courage to comfort and hug the crying girl right now. But he was glad that he did.  It left him with a warm feeling of doing something right and causing his heart to beat faster. The lingering feel of her body in his arms was like the dream, which you can’t remember after you opened your eyes, but you know that it was something good and you wake up with the smile and the whole days goes right after it.

He smiled faintly to himself. Probably it was the sign that he should stop waiting for the miracle to happen and concentrate on the present instead of the past?

He straighten up and went back to catch up with the Manager. They spend almost 2 hours discussing the exact conditions of the exclusive interview, eliminating the subjects and questions that should not be brought up and preparing materials that can go with it. They were leaving the office and Manager went one level down to pick up the car, leaving Onew in the front of the building.

He stayed there looking around and noticed the girl, who has not left his thoughts all day long,at the bench in the park near the office building. Her pose was relaxed and her eyes closed, she was clearly enjoying the minutes of rest after the long work day. 

The downing sun send the last blink oh her chestnut hair and Onew gulped.

Was he wrong all this time? But it can’t be…

Before he can took any action the car with their Manager pulled near him.

-         Onew, please get in quick. We are running out of time. You and the group are still have to prepare for the KBS Music Bank performance tonight.

 

Onew send the last look at the girl and got into the car.

*****