Show Must Go On

For my Friends with Love (Open again)

*****

Leeteuk spend all time before the show in his dressing room, going over the schedule and text. Finally he took his gaze away from the script and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 10 minutes before the show and it was time to go closer to the stage. He sent last satisfying glance into the mirror at himself, eyeing his white jacket. Today it was his “lucky” part of the outfit. Everyone knew that particular tick of his; he really can't live without white! Smiling, he left the room. And the smile slowly faded from his face and was replaced with a frown, the expression on his face almost one of the horror. His jacket was the only white thing around!

At this moment he surely have not remembered that it was the day before the Halloween, so all decorations, lighting and set-up was done in the theme. And of course, the main colours being black and orange. The first shock has not disappeared yet, when Leeteuk noticed a show assistant running into his direction. The rest was like in a slow motion – girl, who was running to get a last minute requested coffee to the director, stumbled right near the host of the show, and coffee splashed forward in a perfect arc from the cup… directly over Leeteuk’s white jacket. 

For Leeteuk everything went still from that moment. He had not even noticed assistant’s frantic bows and hearty apologies.  The thought about last white thing in his wardrobe gone quickly settled into his brain. There was no way he can still do the show in the jacket with the stain, but the thought of doing it without his lucky colour at all was unbearable.

He almost started to panic, but suddenly he caught a dash of white at the edge of his sight. Turning fully into that direction he noticed an unfamiliar girl, who looked like it was her first time backstage. The girl was walking around, touching small bits of decorations scattered here and there, smiling to herself and looking totally cute with her animated gaze and smile. But the most important thing – she had a white dress on!

 

*****