Memory Lane

For my Friends with Love (Open again)

*****

After introducing the guests, the leader of SHINee group, Lee Jinki aka Onew (pff, like she did not know that!) and the middle-age man, who turned to be the group’s Manager, her Boss spoke first.

 

-         So, Sir, why you wanted to see our designer?

 

The Manager throwthe advance copy of the latest issue of their company's gloss magazine on the table.

 

-         This is the copy we received according to our agreement. I would like Ms. Constanze to explain why some of the members are named wrong in the advertisement, Onew and Key to be precise. You do realize that we will cancel the promised exclusive interview for the next issue after this?

The last phrase was directed to her Boss. The Boss’ mouth became a grim line while he shifted the heavy gaze on Conny.

Conny took the magazine with trembling hands, opened it on the page with thу mentioned advertisement, the one she remembered so well the joy of working on. Seriously, than she thought only how lucky to receive such task, the one that inspires her the most. She stared at it with wide eyes. It really was messed up!

"What was that about luck again?" Conny thought to herself.

She was not sure how the advertisement ended up that way, but she was sure that she had everything right before submitting it! SHE put the wrong name under Onew’s picture?! They got to be kidding! He was her favourite guy in the whole Korea, or even the world! She had a collection of his pictures, read all the facts she can about him, she was his ultimate fan!

But Conny could not come up with any explanation right now. She thought that it’s better to say sorry at the moment and start to find  why things went this way later. She drew a deep breath, but suddenly a selector on boss’ table gave a signal. He pressed the button and spoke irritated:

 

- What is it, Mrs. Choi?

 

-  Mr. Lee, the technical department called. They say it was a breakdown of printing machine which resulted in some images to be printed mirror-like.  But because it was not disturbing the printing process they were able to find about it only now. They are very sorry and re-doing the prints. The new advance copy will be ready in 2 hours.

 

An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

 

-Hm, Miss Constanze.. *cough*.  You may go now.. *Cough*

 

Conny bowed and went out of the office, hearing behind her voice of the Boss promising to send the new copy to SHINee's Manager as soon as it will be ready.

 

*****

After leaving the office and turning the corner, she leaned against the wall, hugging that hateful advance copy to her chest. She let her emotions catch up with her. Thanks god everything was cleared, but it was not fair to be treated like that in front of her idol! Mr. Lee could have at least apologized!

Suddenly she heard footstep coming in her direction. She straightened up and decided to move in the direction of her working place, when heard her named being called.

 

- Miss Constanze, please stop for a minute.

 

She turned slowly, facing very flushed Onew, who looked at her apologetically .

 

-         I would like to say how sorry I am about what happened.. I really said to the Manager that it did not matter.. But he was in bad mood… And I am sorry for not insisting… It was clearly not your fault...

He kept bubbling away.

 

Seeing his kind face, the thought of how unjustly she was treated right now and how it happened in front of him, made tears run to her eyes and slowly drip down her cheeks. Onew stood frozen. He did not know how to react when girls were crying, plus he felt personally responsible for making exactly this girl cry. And it was horrible. He did not know what to do now.

 

 - Please, don’t cry.

 

But it looked like Conny did not hear him.

 

- Please, don’t..

He tried to calm her with words, but she just cried harder, covering her tear-stained face with hands.

 

“What should I do?” the thought appeared for a second in his mind, but his body seems to be with an idea of its own. He found himself making a step forward and hugging the girl. Onew have not said a word after that, just stood there, hugging her somehow awkward, but resolutely.

 

She was greatly surprised; she would never expect such reaction from him. But on the other hand his kindness was so well-known.. She signed and put her head on his chest briefly. She did not have the “reason” to stay in his embrace anymore, the tears dried as soon as he hugged her.

“Such a pity” she thought and gently shook his arms, coming out from the circle of his hands.

 

-         Thank you, Jinki-shii..

 

-         Please, call me Onew, I don’t really like using my real name. Are you alright?

 

-         Yes, thank you again... Onew. And I preferred to be called Conny.

She finally smiled at him.

 

But Onew was staying there not moving, totally in daze, her smile blinding him; he was surely sliding into his noted “Onew condition”.

 

Seeing the guy in front of her being still and silent, Conny felt the blush creeping on her cheeks. The comfort hug suddenly felt like something much-much bigger. She could not look at him anymore, starting to panic herself. Before she totally freaked out, she found strength to say:

-         Thank you very much again for your kindness. And it was nice to meet you. Please, excuse me now, I have to continue with my work.

She managed to say all these while bowing a perfect 90 degree bow and than quickly went towards designers’ room.

 

_____________________________________________________

I am millions time sorry for making you cry! But it was... worth it in the end? ;)