Chapter 47: Bonus! The playboy next door. Episode 7 (Part 1)

You And I [COMPLETED]

Time- 8:35PM

 


Walking back inside, Yi Jung went to her room and sat at the desk. Her hands reached for the book she was reading earlier on, wanting to continue the story but stopped. A sudden unknown feeling crept into her. It felt somewhat empty, somewhat lonely. She exhaled deeply and smiled faintly. Perhaps she was just feeling lonely since Choon Yeo left. As much as she wanted to stay strong, she was still a girl and tends to feel lonely. Looking out of the window, she stared up at the sky and remembered how her mother would tell her how her smile resembled autumn. Her smiles were peaceful and warm, like the red and yellowish orange leaves that were falling from the branches outside. Her smile also looked weak and faint if you see it with another perception, like autumn was about to enter winter. Yi Jung closed her eyes as the urge to cry came.

"Omma..." She whispered. "Appa..

=====

"Lady, dinner is ready." Yi Jung stirred from her sleep and held her head up from her arms as she heard a knock. She had fallen asleep at the desk while reading.

"Lady, are you inside?" The maid outside called again, getting no response.

"Yes, I'm coming out. Thank you." She called out, standing up. Going over to the dressing table, she combed her hair and tied them into a bun before heading out. Holding onto the handle as she walked down the stairs, she turned to the dining table where the food were already set by the maids. She smiled to the maids before sitting down and picked up the spoon. She pushed a spoonful of rice into and scooped the soup to drink. That was when Seung Hyun appeared. She looked up at him as he sat on the seat opposite her. She went back to her food. As she wasn't really hungry and felt the rice quite dry, she emptied the bowl of rice into the bowl of soup. She stirred it with her spoon and when the rice were slightly softened, she fed herself. Seung Hyun looked up at her when she did that. She saw him but ignored, picking some bean sprout and placed them in . She was eating differently today, and Seung Hyun was curious about her change. She used to eat meat the most but she was mainly eating vegetables today. Deciding not to bother, he looked away and dug in.

=====

Yi Jung came down to the living room to watch a drama that she always followed. Hugging the cushion as she let herself engrossed in the programme, her legs were bent and closed to her body.

"I can't. I'm busy right now." Seung Hyun was on the phone as he made his way down. His eyes spotted Yi Jung staring at the television screen, slightly parted. He was quite amused, seeing a different side of her. She was always loud but now, she was quietly enjoying a show. Curious as to what had attracted her so much, he turned to the screen and saw that she was actually watching the drama called 'Shining Inheritance'. He liked that show too and actually came down just to watch it, since the television in the living room was bigger than the one he had in his room.

"Oh... Sorry. I have something else to do. Bye." With that, he hung up, without even waiting for the speaker on the other line to say anything. He sat on the one seater courch next to the sofa Yi Jung was sitting, watching her. She didn't noticed him as her eyes and mind were all on the 50-inch screen before her. He lightly shook his head before turning to the screen. Typical girls... How would she be able to let herself be so immersed in a drama? Yi Jung just frozed in that position until the commercial films were played. She slightly loosened the hold on the cushion and tilted her head to the right and to the left to stretch a little. She got so excited in the show that her muscles were tensed and practically stoned.

"Omo..." She saw Seung Hyun sipping on his cup of coffee and got a slight shock. "What a scare..." She said whisperingly, staring at the man. Seung Hyun smirked, putting the cup down on the saucer.

"Why are you here?" She asked. Surely he wouldn't be here to accompany her, right? He smirked again.

"Even I didn't ask why you are here, why would you question me? I'm not allowed in the living room?"

"I don't mean that way... It's just..."

"I can't watch dramas?" He asked again.

"No, of course you can..." She looked away, then back to the screen when the drama was back. She immediately went back to her 'stoning' state, which earned a cold laugh from Seung Hyun.

"Ah... What is wrong with that women..." She said softly after awhile when the 'villian' in the drama was up to no good. Seung Hyun turned to her, looking amused again as she talked to herself. He let out a soft chuckle before shaking his head lightly and went back to the show.

When the show ended, Seung Hyun stood up and walked back upstairs while Yi Jung was still sitting on the sofa. They had saw the preview for the next episode but the difference was Yi Jung can't wait for it while Seung Hyun just took it easy. It was just a drama after all. Yi Jung had been commenting about the show unconsiously throughtout the drama and Seung Hyun heard every word she said. Strangely, he doesn't feel irritated. Instead, he would smile to himself at this weird and somewhat funny side of her. He don't want to admit it but he found her a little cute.

Getting up from the sofa, Yi Jung turned off the television and walked back up to her room with her cup of coffee. She walked passed the balcony and happened to see the stars hanging in the sky. Smiling, she slid the glass door opened and stepped outside. She placed the cup on the white metal garden table and strolled to where the railing was. She held it with both hands and looked up at the sky.

"One, two, three... Four... Five..." She counted the stars softly and smiled after that. Taking in a slow and deep breath, she closed her eyes as a cool autumn breeze came. She smiled faintly at it, her head still slightly tilted up.

=====

"!" Seung Hyun cursed softly. He couldn't find the reference book he needed to complete his homework. Frustrated, he slammed the door closed as he exited the library. Walking passed the balcony, he felt a sudden breeze and shivered at it. It can be quite cold. He turned to his side and saw the door opened. He immediately thought of the maids forgetting to close the door after cleaning the place. When he was about to storm downstairs and make a big fuss over it, he spotted the cup and felt even more weird. The maids were so blind that they missed that cup that stuck out like a sore thumb when they cleared the place? But again, he spotted something that made him stopped in his tracks when his legs were about to go get the maids up. He was awed at the scene. Seeing Yi Jung's side view, smiling so peacefully as her head tilted up a little with her eyes closed. The sides of her cardigen were flying backwards as she didn't button the clothing. The hem of the cardigen, together with her long, silky black hair danced in the wind as they were swept to the back. She looked so breath-taking. She wasn't only hot, she was undoubtedly gorgeous...
-
=====

She opened her eyes after the breeze subsided alittle. Pulling her cardigen back, hugging her waist, she sighed with a smile then turned back to the table where she placed her cup. She stopped in her tracks, looking slightly taken aback seeing Seung Hyun standing there, staring at her. She looked away, breaking the eye contact and reached for the cup. Seung Hyun was still staring at her, can't forget the scene earlier on that made him dazed.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when she noticed him staring at her. Looking at him, her tone was not irritated or anything. He snapped back, hearing her voice.

"Nothing." He simply replied, walking off. Looking strange at first, she chose not to bother and went out, closing the door. She proceed to her room, behind Seng Hyun when her phone rang.

"Oh, Tae Hyun ah..." She picked up the call. Seung Hyun slowed down his pace upon hearing 'Tae Hyun'.

"Hey, I gave your number to Dong Hyuk. He will call you near the date of the party."

"Oh, okay."

"Got to go. I'm just here to let you know I gave him your contact number."

"Hm. Okay."

"Bye then."

"Bye." She was looking on the floor during the conversation as she walked and when she held her head up after the call, she bumped into Seung Hyun.

"I'm sorry..." Seung Hyun slighly looked behind his shoulders before walking off.

=====

The next day, as usual, Yi Jung reached school earlier because of Seung Hyun. They went different ways. Yi Jung headed to the canteen to have breakfast. She spotted Ji Eun when she walked to the benches with a tray in her hands.

"Is anyone sitting here?" She asked. Ji Eun looked up from her book. She smiled and shook her head.

"Thank you." With that, Yi Jung set the tray on the table and sat down. She watched Ji Eun as she ate. She was curious about Ji Eun, she doesn't know why. Noticing her stares, Ji Eun looked up, staring at Yi Jung wonderingly.

"Why are you staring at me?" Ji Eun asked with a smile.

"No," Yi Jung smiled. "It's just that you seem lonely." Ji Eun let out a soft chuckle.

"Do you think so?" Yi Jung nodded.

"I feel that it's very hard to get close to you. I want to talk to you but I don't know how."

"Is it?" She smiled faintly before turning her gaze back to the book on the table. Yi Jung didn't talk more as Ji Eun was reading.

=====

After eating, Yi Jung and Ji Eun walked upstairs together.

"So what high school were you from previously?"

"Seoul International High School."

"Wow, that's a well-known school...!" Yi Jung just smiled. "Why did you decide to transfer school then?"

"Ah..." She looked down. "We moved to an apartment far from the school. So..." Yi Jung lied. Ji Eun nodded.

"You know something?" Yi Jung turned to her, waiting for her to continue.

"You are so cool."

"Hm?" Yi Jung looked at her in wonder.

"The incident in the canteen."

"Ah, that's... I felt so embarassed after that." Yi Jung smiled sheepishly, looking down.

"No, it's so brave of you. I have not seen anyone ever rebelled Su Ah before. Moreover, you are still new here." Yi Jung smiled again.

"And... Seung Hyun- ssi..." Ji Eun looked down as her voice faded.

"What about him?"

"By any chance, are the both of you..." Yi Jung's eyebrows narrowed in confusion, then she understood.

"No, it's not what you thought."

"But didn't both of you... Kissed...?" Yi Jung'e eyes went elsewhere. Gosh, embarassing!

"That guy is really driving me crazy. I really don't know what was wrong with him that day." Yi Jung watched Ji Eun and saw her bitter smile.

"Do you like him?" Ji Eun's head shot up to her then looked down again.

"It's no one's fault for falling in love with another person." Yi Jung said.

"Actually, I was fooled by him." Ji Eun started after a long pause. "I knew he's a player, but when he decided to target me, I still allow myself into the trap." Yi Jung listened to whatever she said. "He really lives up to his name. It's true that he is a big-time player. I don't know exactly how many girls he had when he was with me..."

"Hey... Are you alright?" Yi Jung asked, noticing those tears that were starting to well in her sockets. Ji Eun smiled and looked up, her tears.

"You need time. You will feel better as time passed by."

"Thank you." Ji Eun thanked and smiled warmly at Yi Jung.

=====

Yi Jung and Ji Eun bid farewell when class began. Entering the class, the teacher wasn't here yet.

"Stop it, Su Ah. Seriously, you are so irritating. Stop bossing around!" Seung Hyun raised his voice, causing the others to turn their attention to the both of them.

"Oppa, what did I do?" Su Ah asked back in a loud voice.

"Everything you do is irritating me!"

"Oppa!"

"Shut your mouth!" He glared at her and stood up, storming out. As he walked passed Yi Jung, he knocked onto her shoulder, causing her to bang into the table behind her. But he just walked away without even apologising. She smirked before starting to walk to her seat.

"..." Su Ah muttered loud enough for Yi Jung to hear when she walked passed Su Ah's table. Glaring at her, Yi Jung sat down at her desk.

"It's all becasuse of you!" Su Ah stood up and pushed Yi Jung's table, causing it to bang into Yi Jung's stomach. Yi Jung looked up at her with much disbelief.

"Yah!" Yi Jung stood up, glaring at her hard. "What are you doing?"

"How dare you spoil the relationship between me and Seung Hyun oppa? Exactly how much more y can you get?" Su Ah spat.

"Crazy..." Yi Jung rolled her eyes.

"What?! Are you tired of living?" Su Ah went to her and was about to tug on her hair but Tae Hyun was quick enough to stop.

"Let go!" She screamed, totally out of her mind. Using strength, Tae Hyun roughly threw her hand to her side. Glaring, Su Ah stormed out. Shaking her head a little, Yi Jung sat back on her seat.

"Are you okay?" Tae Hyun asked.

"Yeah. Thanks." She smiled.

=====

During lunch time, Su Ah went back to the empty class with a cup of coffee in her hand. She stopped infront of Yi Jung's table, smirking at the bag lying on it. She then held up the cup and slowly, she emptied the cup of drink into the ped bag. The bag that she wanted so much...

"What are you doing right now?" She sprung back and saw Seung Hyun looking at her, expressionless. Su Ah turned back as she continued to pour the coffee out from the cup.

"Yah, Min Su Ah." His voice dangerously calm.

"I'm just teaching that a lesson. This is what she gets when she messed with me!" Angrily, she threw the paper cup hard onto the floor after it was empty.

"You are really hopeless..."

"Oppa." She turned to him, her eyes determined. "You know how much I love you. How can you talk about other girls infront of me? And most importantly, it's that you are talking about!"

"I'm a player." He simply said, reminding her.

"I don't care. As long as I'm still with you, you are mine." Smirking, Seung Hyun turned back, wanting to get out of here but Su Ah quickly went behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Please..." She pressed her cheek on his back. "Don't leave me. I love you so much..." Sighing, Seung Hyun pulled her hands away. Su Ah went infront of him, looking at him with teary eyes.

"Oppa..." She called, her voice sounded so weak and fragile. Looking at his lips as she tiptoed, Su Ah pressed her lips softly on his. Seung Hyun just stayed still. He wasn't surprise or something. Just used to it. When she pulled back, she hugged him tight, not wanting to let go.

=====

Yi Jung was walking back to class after lunch. She met Seung Hyun coming out of the classroom, with Su Ah linking arms with his. Su Ah just stared at her when she walked passed them. Yi Jung pretended that she didn't see it and proceeded to her seat.

=====

"Oppa, I will go get something and come back." Su Ah said before pecking on his cheek. She released him and went downstairs. Seung Hyun smirked and walked to the second last classroom at the end of the hallway and smiled like a total player to the female inside. Going in, he expertly tugged on the girl's wrist and he sat on the table behind him and kissed her, with the female between his legs.

=====
On the other hand, Yi Jung picked up her handbag and threw it over her shoulder as she walked to the next class. She then felt her blouse getting wet and immediately looked down. Shocked, Yi Jung touched the area of her blouse that was wet. It was sticky. She smelt her finger and realised that it was coffee. The blood in her started to boil and she suddenly thought of the diary in her bag. Yi Jung quickly looked for it and found it soaked. Even the edges started to tear. Her eyes shot out of the window. Choi Seung Hyun... She thought and went out looking for him. She brisk-walked along the corridor as she looked inside every classroom along that hallway. When Yi Jung thought she was going to burst any moment, she finally found that culprit in one of the classrooms, making out with some girl. It wasn't Su Ah. It was their senior. A minute ago he was with Su Ah and another minute after, he was with another girl. She thought as she marched in, pushed that girl away from him and stared straight into his eyes.

"What do you think you are doing?" Seung Hyun asked, looking a little taken aback as well as the senior.

"Why did you do that?" Yi Jung asked coldly.

"What...?" He asked. He then remembered the incident inside the classroom. It wasn't his doings but somehow, he just wanted to see what reaction she would have. He smirked. Yi Jung's eyes narrowed. She was actually not sure if he was the one who did that but that sickening smirk confessed it all. Like, 'Yes, I'm the one. So?'

"You're going to get it." She threatened and looked around and found a flower pot on the teacher's table. Yi Jung went to get it and poured the soil into his haversack. Then she found a water bottle inside his bag. Infront of his eyes, she emptied the remaining water into his bag. The water is more than the soil so his bag was really muddy by then. Yi Jung smirked and threw his bottle at him and walked off.

"Yah!" The senior screamed and pulled Yi Jung's pony tail before she could step out. Yi Jung sprung back and hit her hand away.

"Don't mess with me!" She shouted back and the senior pushed her, causing Yi Jung to crush into the rows of desks. Before Yi Jung could get to that shameless senior of her's, Seung Hyun caught her arm.

"Stop it. Why are you going insane for a bag? I will pay you one." He said calmly.

"It's not about the bag...!" Her eyes filled with rage.

"I will pay you one by today. Leave."

"What?! YAH! CHOI SEUNG HYUN!" Yi Jung screamed at the top of her lungs. "Do I look like a weakling to you? The diary my parents left for me was ruined by you!" He paused, eyes wandering elsewhere. Then he finally answered.

"It's just a diary. What's wrong with you?" Again, that piss-off look.

"This is the only thing my parents left for me! You have all the wealth you're waiting to inherit but my parents only left me this. It's not just a diary!" Then he went silent, suddenly feeling guilty for no reason as he looked at her teary eyes. He knew that the diary meant a lot to her.

"Why do you have to treat me this way everyday?" Yi Jung asked, nearly choking on her tears. This was what she really wanted to know. "Do I look fun to you?" Still no response. She looked away and picked up her bag and threw it into his face, only taking the diary she treasured so much and left the room. Yi Jung have not even finished reading and it was soaked. She started sobbing as she flipped through the wet pages with the ink smerging. Yi Jung bring it along with her at all times since the day Seung Hyun went into her room and looked through her stuff. The diary was one thing that Yi Jung don't wish to show him.

=====

After Yi Jung went off, everything went awkward.

"Hey..." The senior called, coming to him. Seung Hyun looked away and walked passed her.

"Where are you going?" The female asked, watching his back as he walked towards the door. He didn't answer or look back and just left.

=====

Seung Hyun did not wait for Su Ah after that. Instead, he went back home. When he reached the second floor, he stopped outside Yi Jung's room and turned to face the door. He should have stop Su Ah. Even though he had not done anything to her diary, he should have at least stop her. He thought. She had already been tortured by him so much, which made him more guilty when he failed to stop Su Ah. Pulling the door opened, he saw that Yi Jung wasn't back yet. Sighing, he closed the door and went to his room.

=====

After sobbing at the garden outside their school for a long time, Yi Jung realised the sun had already set and decided to go home. She walked back as her wallet was in her bag. With the diary still in her hand, Yi Jung walked for an hour and reached the mansion. She went upstairs straight away and did not even look at Seung Hyun who was watching 'Shining Inheritance'. She was in such foul mood that she wasn't even interested in whatever dramas.

=====

Exhausted, she fell to the bed, still hugging the book. Tears started to form again. Sobs became cries and louder cries as she thought about her family again.

=====

Seung Hyun was outside her room since she went in. He too, doesn't have the mood to watch the television. He was just trying to use that to cover up the fact that he was waiting for her to return.

"Omma..." He could hear her so clearly from outside. She grasped hard for air as she continuosly called for her parents. "Appa..." He was at lost. He doesn't know what to do. The feelings inside him were giving him a hard time.

=====

The next morning, Yi Jung woke up earlier than usual so she could get Mr Kim to drive her to school first. She doesn't want to see Seung Hyun. She doesn't have a bag with her and didn't get to complete the homework from the previous day.

When she arrived at school, she went to the classroom where she threw her bag at Seung Hyun, hoping her belongings were still there. Thankfully, they were and she took out everything. Books, files, assignments, pencil case... She discarded the bag into the bin after that. Hurridly, she went back to her classroom and started to do the worksheets so she can summit them later on.
--
=====

"Jung ah, this Thursday is the day. Are you prepared?" Dong Hyuk asked when they were at their usual place during lunch.

"Hm. The cocktail gown is just waiting for me to put it on." She smiled.

"I'm looking toward to it..." Dong Hyuk said as he started to imagine how she would look like in the gown.

"Yah, you have to behave yourself." Tae Hyun warned, eyeing his friend.

"I got it. I won't touch her okay?" Tae Hyun rolled his eyes before turning back to his plate.

"I will just have to follow you throughout the party, right?" Yi Jung asked, looking up from her sandwich as she munched on them.

"Yeah. I will lead you."

=====

Yi Jung and Seung Hyun were walking towards the gate after class dismissed.

"Mr Kim!" Yi Jung called cheerfully as she ran towards him when she saw him standing outside the car waiting for them. Mr Kim bowed and smiled.

"My greetings to you, lady. You seem to be happy today." Yi Jung nodded energetically.

"Yeah. My mood suddenly went to the heaven when I saw you...!" She exclaimed. Her mood just happened to be so hyper. Mr Kim smiled to the girl and turned to Seung Hyun when he came.

"My greetings to you, young master." Seung Hyun just walked to the other side and hopped in.

"Psh..." Yi Jung rolled her eyes. "He's such a jerk, right?" She then turned and said to Mr Kim, who just smiled and shrugged. The both of them entered as well and the car left the campus.

=====

When they reached home, the maids greeted them. Both of them returned to their rooms. When it was dinner time, Yi Jung went down and sat at the table with Seung Hyun already there.

"Unnie, this is nice." She turned to the maid in the kitchen and complimented after tasting the corn soup, smiling. The maid smiled and bowed back before turning back to the cardboard.

"It's delicious...~" She sanged softly to herself in a cute voice and tasted the soup again before scooping a hill of rice onto her spoon and placed it in . Seung Hyun smirked at her, speechless. How can she be this childish? Shaking his head lightly, he ignored her and continued to eat.

"Why aren't you eating the dishes?" Yi Jung asked when she noticed him not touching the side dishes.

"I did." He replied emotionlessly, not even glancing at her.

"Is it?" She asked whisperingly to herself, shrugging.

"You are really weird." She held her head up when she heard him. Her eyebrows narrowed.

"Do all females at this age behave like you?" Her eyes narrowed more. "You are talking so much even when you are having meals." She smirked, rolling her eyes.

"I can't even talk?"

"I thought since you were also from a wealthy family, you should at least know this. Your parents didn't teach you not to talk when you are eating?"

"I don't know about your family, but in my family, meal times are the times we bond, so we talked a lot." She talked back.

"What a weird family..." Yi Jung widened her eyes.

"Yah! What do you mean!" She raised her voice, her stares pirecing into his eyes.

"Did I say wrongly? Even if that's the case, since you are living here, you have to get use to it. Don't talk when you are eating. It's irritating." Yi Jung stared at him, her eyes filled with dibelief.

"Oh my goodness..." She muttered in English, looking elsewhere.

"You think I don't understand English?" He asked back in English, which surprised Yi Jung a little. Since when he was this fluent in English? He doesn't even listen during lessons!

"Jerk!" She cursed at him in English again and stood up, slamming the spoon on the table before storming off.

=====

Slamming her door shut, her chest heaved up and down. She was so mad! She flung herself to the bed and roughly scratched her head, her eyes filled with frustrations and rage.

"Lady, are you inside?" Someone called from outside after a knock. Taking a deep breath, she sat up and calmed herself.

"Yes, is something the matter?" She got on her feet and went to the door, opening it. The butler stood before her and smiled.

"Lady, would you please follow me to the living room?" Yi Jung looked at him wonderingly but still managed to smile and nod. The butler led her downstairs. There were loads of shopping bags surrounding the coffee table and Seung Hyun was seated on the couch with the maids bringing out the suits one by one, showing them to him. Seung Hyun kept shaking his head, his finger motioned that that suit was out.

"Lady, this Thrusday, there will be a family gathering at the Legend Hotel. As Mr and Mrs Choi are not around, they have informed us that you and young master would be the hosts of the event. The clothes here are for you." Yi Jung looked around her and her eyes widened, taken aback.

"But I don't think I need so much..." She said.

"Mrs Choi has personally chose them for you and she wants me to convey her message to you that you don't have to worry, the people in the gathering are just relatives." Yi Jung understood what it meant. The creditors that were after her, she don't have to worry about that, but still, she hestitated.

"But," She suddenly thought of the party with Dong Hyuk. "I have something on that day..." The butler looked at her wonderingly. "Ah... I have promised my friend. He needs my help, so..."

"Is it possible to postpone it?"

"I'm sorry..." She looked down.

"It's okay. I will get all the stuff into your room." The maids then came grabbing the handles of the paperbags when the butler signalled them. They went upstairs.

"Eh?"

"They are for you." Yi Jung forced a smile.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry."

"Please don't be." He smiled warmly. "I will let Mr and Mrs Choi know. Please rest well." With that, he bowed and Yi Jung returned the bow before going upstairs.

=====

Once in her room, after the maids left, she closed the door and stared at all those bags on the floor.

"What am I going to do with these...?" She sighed before sitting on the bed, then lied on her back, closing her eyes.

=====

"Discard everything else." Seung Hyun stood up after choosing the one that he decided on wearing.

"Young master," Seung Hyun stopped when he was about to go up the stairs. "Mr and Mrs Choi hope that you would do a good job this time." The butler said. Slightly looking over his shoulder, he simply went upstairs without answering.
---
=====

"Jung ah!" Yi Jung spun behind in surprise when she heard someone screamed for her. She rolled her eyes, smiling when she saw Dong Hyuk smiling playfully at her, with Tae Hyun beside him. "I will pick you up at 4:30PM at the bus-stop alright?" Yi Jung nodded, smiling. He waved as he walked out.

"Thanks for entertaining my friend. I didn't expect you to agree..." Tae Hyun came to her. Yi Jung just smiled. "What are you doing standing by the window anyway?"

"I'm waiting for the driver. Plus, the scenery is nice here." She pointed outside to a piece of land filled with maple trees with its caramel leaves falling. Tae Hyun just smiled back.

"But it's my first time seeing a missy waiting for her driver... Perhaps it's time to change one..." He joked.

"Ah... Because Seung-" She stopped abruptly, looking elsewhere. Words nearly slipped her tongue. Tae Hyun looked at her wonderingly.

"What?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Of course there's something on, that's why he's late. He told me when he dropped me off this morning."

"Are you keeping something from me?" He asked playfully, pretending to be suspicious.

"What can I keep from you?" She asked, slightly smiling as she looked out of the window again, avoiding.

"So when is your driver coming?"

"About 3PM." Seung Hyun had extra lessons till 3PM, so Yi Jung might as well wait till he ended his classes and go back together. Mr Kim had offered to send her back first but she refused, saying it was troublesome for him.

"You want to go downstairs?"

"Okay." Yi Jung smiled, grabbing her bag and followed Tae Hyun out.

=====

"Ah...! Stop it!" Yi Jung glared at Tae Hyun and knocked into his shoulder when he did the same to her just now. Tae Hyun just chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"Yah!" She pushed his hand away. "Don't mess my hair!" But again, Tae Hyun did it, even harder this time. "Yah! Kim Tae Hyun!"

"Wow... I don't know you have this side of you..."

"Stop it." She eyed him and continued to walk. Tae Hyun rolled his eyes, smiling to himself. Going over to her, he hooked his arm around her neck from behind and knocked her head with his free hand.

"What is that for?" She pulled away and pouted.

"You are cute, that's why." She rolled her eyes and looked elsewhere when she saw Ji Eun walking along the path opposite the one they were at.

"Isn't that Ji Eun?" She asked, turning to Tae Hyun. Tae Hyun turned and saw Ji Eun. His smiles faded. "Ji Eun- ssi!" Yi Jung called and when Ji Eun turned to her direction, she waved. Ji Eun saw her and smiled. Yi Jung began to walk towards her, with Tae Hyun following slowly behind.

"What are you doing here?" Yi Jung asked, happy to see her new friend again.

"I have evening classes and I'm waiting for the lessons to start." She said in a soft and gentle voice.

"Oh. Want to hang out together?" Yi Jung suggested. Ji Eun glanced at Tae Hyun then back at Yi Jung before slowly nodding her head.

"Sure..."

=====

"You love rock music?" Yi Jung asked in disbelief, staring at Ji Eun, who just smiled and looked down. She doesn't look like one who enjoyed rock music.

"How about you?" Ji Eun looked up, asking,

"I like classical music." Ji Eun nodded, turning to the front. Then the bell rang. The 3PM bell.

"I got to go." Yi Jung stopped in her tracks, looking at her watch and bid farewell, smiling. Ji Eun smiled and waved. "Accompany her." Yi Jung turned to Tae Hyun and said.

"W-what...?" But Yi Jung had already ran off, turning back and waved and turned away again. "Yah!" He called, feeling ridiculous. He turned back to Ji Eun who was looking on the ground. Everything went awkward.

"I guess-"

"Shall we-" Both of them said different things together and then looked away. Then Tae Hyun's phone beeped. He fished it out and read the message.


From Jungie

I helped you a lot already. Now you know that she loves grilled pork, green tea and rock music, what are you waiting for? Ask her out! XD


He rolled his eyes and pushed his phone back into the pocket without even replying. He glanced at Ji Eun, who was looking elsewhere.

"Shall we go get something to drink?" He asked, staring down at her.

"It's okay. I should go too. It's almost time." Ji Eun refused politely, bowing. She doesn't want to get herself involved in any players anymore. "Thank you." With that, she was about to walk off when Tae Hyun reached for her wrist and held it, lightly.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked.

"No... I really need to go..." She managed to look up at him, trying to free herself. Tae Hyun looked away before letting go.

"Goodbye." She bowed again, before walking off. Tae Hyun watched her, knowing what was in her mind. The times when she was with Seung Hyun, he withnessed everything. How much she cried and how she managed to get herself back, he saw it with his eyes. Maybe this was what made him hated Seung Hyun more, for making the girl he liked suffer.

=====

"Mr Kim!" Yi Jung called, running towards him.

"Good afternoon, lady." Mr Kim bowed and greeted.

"Good afternoon...!" Mr Kim chuckled softly, opening the door for her and she went in. Mr Kim continued to stand outside to wait for Seung Hyun. Soon, he was seen coming out from the main entrance, with Su Ah behind him.

"Omo...!" Yi Jung cried softly as she quickly bent down, hiding herself from Su Ah's view.

"I'm not free today." Seung Hyun said, not even looking back when Su Ah said something.

"But you promise me!" She cried, running as she reached for his arm.

"I told you I'm not free!" He replied, irritated as he roughly flung her hand off and went inside the car when Mr Kim opened the door for him at the other side. Yi Jung quickly turned to the other side and shut her eyes tight, praying that Su Ah will not notice her. Sure enough, she was so into talking to Seung Hyun that she didn't notice her and the next second, the car started moving.

"Phew..." Yi Jung sat back up, her hand patting her chest lightly, calming herself.

"What are you doing?" Seung Hyun asked, eyeing her, slightly irritated.

"What?" She turned to face him. "Nothing... It's just..."

"You're scared of her?" He smirked. "A person like you would be afraid of someone like Su Ah?" He asked again, trying to be sacastic. She smirked and rolled her eyes.

"I just don't want to create more drama." Just imagine what would happen if Su Ah saw Yi Jung inside the same car with Choi Seung Hyun... Disasters would happen... He let out a laughter, looking to the front.

=====

Reaching home, Yi Jung went to her room and got herself showered and changed into the cocktail gown that Choon Yeo bought for her, along with the elagant heels. The dress was bronze in colour. Elagant but somewhat cute as it was slightly puffy at the end of the gown. The heels were also in shades of bronze, with glitterings and crystals. Sitting infront of the dressing table, she expertly dried her hair with the hair-dryer, then curled her hair into gorgeous curls. Ended with a light make-up, she picked up her sleek black clutch on her bed and went for the door.

=====

On the other hand, Seung Hyun was also getting ready for the gathering. Sitting on the sofa, with the butler reminding him what to do and what not to, he just rolled his eyes and looked elsewhere, not listening at all.

"I get it." Seung Hyun said, standing up as he tucked his hands into the pockets and went for the door.

"Butler Yang, I will be off then." He heard someone's voice and humans' instinct told him to turn back. He dazed, his eyes totally fixed at the young lady before him, once again got into her beauty.

"Please be careful on the way." Butler Yang smiled and bowed. Yi Jung bowed and asked walking, waving to him. When she saw Seung Hyun staring at her, she stared back.

"Young master." That was when Seung Hyun snapped back and looked away. "You have to get going." With that, Seung Hyun left the door, leaving Yi Jung not knowing anything. By the time she got out of the door, Seung Hyun had already entered the car and went off. Walking confidently to the bus-stop, she looked at her curls that flowed down her shoulders as she felt them, smiling. It had been awhile since she dolled herself...
----
=====

Yi Jung smiled when she saw Dong Hyuk leaning on his car, waiting. Dong Hyuk stood up straight, his back off from the car and stared at her, amazed.

"What?" She eyed him, slightly smiling when she saw him staring at her, clapping his hands lightly.

"Bravo..."

"Stop teasing me..."

"I'm not teasing." He defended. "Hop in anyway." He opened the door and Yi Jung smiled, before going in.

"Wah... Tae Hyun should see this." He started the engine, glancing at her. She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Too bad. I guess only I saw exactly how beautiful you are..." He winked before starting the car. Yi Jung just chuckled softly.

=====

On the other hand, a black car stopped outside Legend Hotel. The driver got out and jogged to the backseat, opening the door.

"Young master, I will be waiting for you here after everything ended." Mr Kim said when Seung Hyun stepped out. Seung Hyun made no response. Fixing his coat, he walked towards the building with another man who dropped off from the car behind his. They were greeted by two female staffs, who brought them up to the ballroom. Seung Hyun needed to check, making sure everything was in place before the guests arrived. He stepped in, looking around.

"Secretary Kim," He called, not turning back to face the man standing behind. The secretary quickly went beside him.

"Yes, young master." He bowed.

"Is this how it should be?" He asked. Not that he spotted something he doesn't like, just that those decorations and designs were decided by his parents and he wouldn't know even if they weren't the same as what his parents wanted.

"Yes." The secretary handed him a piece of paper with all the details of the location, from the designs to the colours. He took it and began to compare every corner. He was actually a very detailed person.

"Okay." He turned and headed out. They then went to check the food and wine. After everything was okay, he excused himself and went to the far end of the hallway. Sighing, he looked down at his shoes.

=====

"Is it here?" Yi Jung asked when the car stopped.

"Yeah." Dong Hyuk stepped out and went to the other side, pulling the door opened. She stepped out and looked up at the building.

"Legend Hotel?" She asked aloud, finding it somehow familiar. Then she gasped softly.

"Why?" Dong Hyuk asked.

"Are you saying the party held here?" She asked, her eyes widened as she pointed to the building. He nodded.

"Yeah. It's not those typical kind of parties with loud music. High-class party." He smiled.

"Ah... Okay..." She held her head down as she closed her eyes, thinking of all the possible things that she could foresee.

"Are you okay?" She looked up.

"Yeah. Let's go." Dong Hyuk smiled and motioned her to hook his arm, which she just did.

=====

"You would take care of everything, right?" Yi Jung asked again as they were walking to the lobby. "I can already predict those faces of your family members." He chuckled.

"No worries. Leave them to me." They entered the lift and the doors closed.

"Aren't you nervous?" Yi Jung asked, feeling a little tensed already. First time, she was doing such things.

"I find it quite thrilling actually..." He flashed a smile at her.

"You must be crazy." She looked away, muttering. He laughed. When the doors opened, they went out and turned around the corner, opposite where Seung Hyun was standing at, looking at the front. Their ballrooms were just opposite one another...

"Are you ready?" He stopped a few metres away from the door.

"Hm." She nodded after taking a deep breath. With that, they walked towards the entrance, the doors opened by two staffs standing by the doors. Infront of her was a ballroom filled with people, with glasses in their hands as they talked to one another with smiles.

"Dong Hyuk's here." A man around his fifties spotted them and excused himself. His wife followed beside him to the two.

"There are you..." Mrs Bae smiled to her son. "This is?" She looked at Yi Jung. Yi Jung just bowed.

"Mum, she is my girlfriend, Ji Hye." Yi Jung shot her head to him, hearing her 'new' name. Dong Hyuk just smiled to his parents.

"Son, what are you talking about?" Mr Bae asked in a stern voice. "You know clearly that we are going to announce your marriage with Ga Eun today." Yi Jung's eye widened more.

"Dad, I don't want to get married. I'm only 18." Dong Hyuk said.

"Enough. I don't wish to talk about this anymore. What has to be done, has to be done." With that, he glanced at Yi Jung before leaving them.

"Do something, son." Mrs Bae said before leaving, referring to Yi Jung.

"What is happening?" She asked, shocked at the conversation just now.

"We will talk outside." With that, he left, with Yi Jung following him.

"What is it?"

"Are you still willing to help me?" Dong Hyuk asked, leaning on railing, looking forward.

"But you didn't tell me you are going to get married!" She exclaimed.

"How am I suppose to tell you?" He turned to her, smiling bitterly. Her heart softened, feeling sorry for him.

"You are from a wealthy family?" He shook his head.

"No, just an average family."

"Then what's with the marriage? You are only 18." He sighed.

"My grandfather is seriously ill. His last wish is to see me settle down and have a family of my own."

"But still, you are still schooling."

"That's right..."

"It would not be as absurd if you are from a rich family..." She muttered.

"Yeah..." He continued to look to the front.

"So what's your plan now?"

"You're still on?" He turned to her.

"I will see what your plan is first."

"If you are willing to get on stage, then this should work out." Yi Jung tilted her head as she stared at him in wonder.

=====

Guests started to flow in. Bowing and shaking hands with them, Seung Hyun greeted each and every one of them.

"Good evening." When most of the guests were already in the ballroom, Seung Hyun went inside.

"Oh my, you have grown so much since I last saw you. How old are you?"

"I'm 18, second aunt." He bowed politely.

"Omo, time flies. Look at how much you have grown..." The lady in purple smiled and Seung Hyun just smiled faintly, slightly bowing.

"Excuse me." The lady went with a man to the other side. Seung Hyun walked up the stage, standing infront of the mic stand, his hands at the back.

"Good evening, everybody." Everyone turned their heads to him. He bowed. "My parents had organised this gathering, but they are out of the country to tend to some urgent matters, so I'm here in replacement of them. Please help yourself with the food and refreshments and enjoy. Thank you." He bowed again before coming down.

=====

Together, Yi Jung and Dong Hyuk headed in again. They walked passed the crowd, with everyone staring at the couple, especially the female.

"Dong Hyuk ah." Mr Bae came, his voice firm.

"Dad, even if I were to marry, it would be Ji Hye." Dong Hyuk's eyes showed determination. Yi Jung's eyes shot to him once again. They didn't agreed on saying this!

"Son." Mr Bae said, a notch louder this time, staring at him.

"It's my happiness, dad. You clearly know that I don't have any feeling for Ga Eun." Unknowing for them, a lady who was standing with Mrs Bae behind them was listening to everything. She stared at the couple in surprise, tears starting to well in her eyes.

"You follow my order. I will not allow you to make foolish decisions." Dong Hyuk ignored his father. He let go of Yi Jung's hand and went up the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Bae Dong Hyuk. Good evening." He bowed to the people before continuing. "Today, with everyone present, I would like to announce something very important. This concerns my lifetime happiness. Hereby, I would like to introduce this girl to all of you." He paused and looked at Yi Jung. "Lee Ji Hye." He extended his hand to her. Claps could be heard. Mr and Mrs Bae were glaring at their son, while Ga Eun's parents were shocked at the news, at lost of what to do. Dong Hyuk nodded, hinting her to come up on stage and Yi Jung got that, her head slightly hung as she made her way up beside him.

"This girl. A talented, a straight-A student has help me a lot in all areas. I remember the first time I saw her, she bravely stood up for a victim in a bullying incident. I was strongly attracted to her since then. Just like how she charming and perfect she is, her beauty made me go crazy for her." Yi Jung's eyes were wandering all the while, her head slightly bowed. Dong Hyuk stopped and turned to look at her and smiled faintly. "This nice and gorgeous girl over here, despicably stole my heart..." He continued. "I want her to be the first one I get to see every morning when I wake up. I want her as my wife..." Dong Hyuk looked at the silent crowd and soon, claps could be heard.

"What is this all about?" Ga Eun's mother questioned, feeling humilated. "Are you fooling us?"

"No, please listen to us." Mrs Bae tried to explain but Ga Eun's father cut her off.

"There's no need to. Let's treat it as the wedding is not considered." He angrily pulled Ga Eun away. Her mother glared at Mr and Mrs Bae one last time before storming off. Dong Hyuk and Yi Jung saw the three going off and turned to each other, and slightly smiled. Both of them went down and people started to congratulate them. Mr and Mrs Bae pretended to be happy about it and accepted their wishes.

"I'm not letting this go easily." Mr Bae said to Dong Hyuk, then walked away. Yi Jung and Dong Hyuk went around, helping themselves with the food and drinks.

"Your family are nice." Yi Jung commented. Everyone treated her warmly since it was announced that she was Dong Hyuk's wife.

"Is it? You will get to see them more often since we would be getting married soon." He replied casually, joking.

"What?!"

"Shh..." Dong Hyuk placed his index finger on his lips, looking around. Luckily, she wasn't that loud to attract people's attention. "Lower your volume." She rolled her eyes and continued to put some pastries on her place. After getting the food, they sat down and enjoyed, chatting.

"You scared me with the Ji Hye thing. You should at least alert me when you are giving me a false name." She said quietly.

"You told me not to mention your name infront of my family. I have to at least introduce you to them, right?"

"What I'm saying is, you should have told me beforehand."

"Aye... Anyway, it's thrilling, right?"

"Mad..." She shook her head and continued to eat. Dong Hyuk just chuckled.

"Mic test." Everyone turned their heads to the stage to see Mr Bae standing behind the mic stand. "Being happy that my son has found a wonderful girl to settle down with, can I now invite my future daughter-in-law to play us a song on the piano to commerate this day?" Mr Bae looked straight at Yi Jung, smiling.

"What the hell is he trying to do?" Dong Hyuk looked at his father, whispering. Yi Jung was taken aback at the sudden request, but still managed to remain her composure and stood up. Dong Hyuk caught her wrist.

"Don't go. He is just trying to embarass you." Yi Jung placed the plate on the chair and smiled to him. She picked up the glass and drank a little moist her dry throat. She walked confidently to the stairs leading to the stage.

"What is she thinking..." He stood up and watched her back, worried.

=====
 
Seung Hyun moved from one place to another, chatting with his relatives.

"Excuse me." He bowed before going to the door when he saw guests arriving.

"Good evening, fifth aunt." He extended his hand and shook hands with a middle aged women and also the man and a young teenage beside her.

"You have grown a lot." The lady smiled.

"Please help yourself." He guided them inside. When they started to hang around with the others, Seung Hyun went to the balcony, his hands inside his pockets as he looked out, feeling the breeze."

"Seung Hyun oppa." He turned back, seeing the young teenage who was with his fifth aunt earlier. She handed him a glass of wine.

"Thanks." He took the glass and sipped on it. The girl smiled.

"How are you?" She sipped on her glass of wine and asked.

"I'm fine. How about you?"

"I'm good too." She too, looked out at the night view.

"Do you remember?" She started after a long pause. "When all of us always hang out together at your place when granny and granddad were still around?" She turned to him and smiled. "Recently, I missed those times, a lot." Seung Hyun sipped on his wine again. Everything went haywire when his grandparents passed away. The once close bonding within his relatives were gone. Cousins were not as close anymore too. There was only one reason to this. Because his grandparents left the position of the chairman to his father. His father got half of the stocks while the others were shared equally among the other four children. His father was the third child and his grandparents skipped their first child, who was a son and passed the position to him. No one knows the reason behind this decision. Those smiles plastered on his relatives faces were fake. Seung Hyun knew for himself, that deep down inside, they doesn't like his family. Seung Hyun didn't answer, just turned back.

"Excuse me." With that, he left the glass on the table and went out.

=====

Seung Hyun sighed, strolling along the hallway. Walking passed the ballroom opposite his, he stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"Good evening. I'm Lee Ji Hye." Seung Hyun turned and saw the door not closed, and there weren't any staffs standing by the door.

"It's so sudden. I don't know if I can do well. Please enjoy." Seung Hyun couldn't contain his curiosity and walked to the door, looking inside. His eyes narrowed as he saw Yi Jung turning to go to the piano at the side of the stage and sat down. Opening the cover, she played a chord, testing the sound of the piano before adjusting the mic near her lips, tapping on the top to see if the mic was working. Mr Bae was surprised, knowing that she actually knew how to play the piano as she played the chord perfectly.

"This song is called 'Tonight' by FM Static." She said and took a deep breath before pressing her fingers on the keys. A soft melody came flowing.

"I remember the times we spent together, all those drives. We had a million questions all about our lives." Yi Jung started to sing, stunning everyone with her piano skills and soothing voice with accurately pronounced English. Dong Hyuk watched her in awe, including Seung Hyun, who was standing by the door.

"And know the stars are holding you, holding you, holding you tonight." Finishing the song, Yi Jung closed the cover and stood up, with claps roaring. She bowed to the people before stepping down. Mr Bae glared at her, knowing he lost this round.

"Oh my..." Dong Hyuk shook his head in sheer disdelief. He was speechless. Yi Jung just smiled, looked down. Seeing them walking back, Seung Hyun snapped back and stepped aside, away from Dong Hyuk and Yi Jung's view.

"I didn't know you could play the piano this good..." Dong Hyuk was still in amazement, gaping at Yi Jung.

"I learnt it since young." She smiled.

=====

Walking back to his ballroom, Seung Hyun decided to stay outside for awhile. He wasn't comfortable with those people. He went to lean on one of those walls and slightly held up his head, sighing for the nth time, his eyes closed.

"Look at him. I don't have faith in him. He doesn't seem to be bothered about the business at all." His eyelids slowly fluttered opened, hearing his second aunt's voice.

"Yeah. See how he disappeared, leaving his guests alone. I wonder how second brother educate him. 18 years old yet still insensible." Another voice came and Seung Hyun recognised that as his forth aunt.

"Oh ya, I even heard that he is a playboy. Oh my goodness...!" His forth aunt rolled her eyes, leaning on the wall outside the toilet. They had been gossiping there for a while already. Not knowing that Seung Hyun was behind the wall they were facing, they shamelessly allow their voice to travel far, not thinking of lowering their volume.

"I heard about it too and I bet sister-in-law knows about this. And yet, she isn't doing anything."

"That's right. Why would Mum and Dad wanted to pass on the business to their family? Seriously, I couldn't understand. First brother's family can do so much better than their's. Look at the stocks. They don't used to just make this little money...!" Seung Hyun's face remained unreadable, listening to all those critisms.

=====

"Dong Hyuk ah, I'm going to the ladies." Dong Hyuk nodded and Yi Jung picked her clutch, going out. Turning into the corner, she saw two ladies talking. She just walked passed them and entered the toilet. After finished using, she came out to the sink.

"But still, what angers me most is him being a playboy. You know what people outside said? The big time player, Choi Seung Hyun. The BIG time player." Yi Jung stopped rubbing her hands, water flowing out from the tap. Her eyes fixed on the mirror, watching her own reflection as she listened. "My god, he is really tarnishing our Choi's repututation!"

"Can you get any more embarassed than me? One of my friends recognised me as Choi Seung Hyun's aunt and came asking, your nephew is Choi Seung Hyun, right? The player? Oh god! I seriously don't know how to react!" Yi Jung rolled her eyes. The lady even imitated her friend's voice saying, 'your nephew is Choi Seung Hyun, right? The player?'

"It's so embarassing!" Another cried. Frustrated at those middle-aged ladies gossiping, she stepped out and eyed them from toe to head, then rolled her eyes right in their faces before walking off. As her mind was elsewhere, she turned to the wrong direction. Gasping silently when she saw Seung Hyun leaning on the wall, looking ahead, her eyes widened, knowing that he had heard everything.

"Seung Hyun...?" Seung Hyun turned to her, then turned back, ignoring. The two ladies heard someone calling Seung Hyun's name and immediately stopped, knowing what may happened and quickly scurried off.

=====

"Secretary Kim, please help me with the gathering. I have something urgent and I have to go." Seung Hyun said in the phone. Then he hung up, pulling the battery out before pushing the phone back into his pocket again. Along the streets, he ambled aimlessly.

=====

Yi Jung's mind was occupied by what just happened.

"Let's go. I will send you back." Dong Hyuk looked down at Yi Jung as he said. She looked up.

"Oh... Okay." She stood up. After bidding farewell with the people there, they walked out.
-----
=====

Both of them entered the car.

"Where shall I drop you off?" Dong Hyuk asked, fastening his seatbelt.

"At the bus-stop." Yi Jung said, smiling.

"Okay." He glanced at her before driving off.

"Jung ah, thanks for today." Dong Hyuk started. Yi Jung smiled.

"But what if your parents really want us to get married?"

"Then you just have to marry me." He said matter-of-a-factly, glancing at her. She stared at him.

"What? You can't be serious, right?"

"Is marrying me this bad?" He chuckled softly. "You are making me seem bad..."

"I don't care. You promise to take care of everything that comes after this." He laughed again.

"You are cute. Beware I will really snatch you over and dragged you to the wedding hall..." He joked further.

"Yah...!" Yi Jung stared at him in disbelief.

"Okay, okay. I'm just joking..." She pouted and faced the front. The car stopped at the traffic lights. Yi Jung looked out of the window at her side and her eyes enlarged slightly when she spotted Seung Hyun walking to the pedestrian crossing and crossed the road. Dong Hyuk was busy looking at his phone so he didn't see him. Her eyes followed him, wondering why he was alone, walking. Mr Kim should be driving him. When the lights turned green, Dong Hyuk started the car.

"What happened?" Dong Hyuk asked, noticing Yi Jung turning back to see Seung Hyun.

"No... Nothing..." She smiled, turning to the front again.

=====

"Thank you. Becareful on the way back." Yi Jung said before stepping out of the car.

"Okay. See you then." She waved and watched the car zoomed off. She turned back and walked to the other lane.

=====

Entering the gate, she made her way in. The maids greeted her and she went upstairs. When she was about to open the door, she turned to the door beside her's. Then she silently sighed and decided to check on him. Reaching for the doorknob of his room, she knocked on it first. When no one responsed, she slowly turned the knob and pushed it opened. A neat room welcomed her. SHe looked around to find no one. Closing the door, she returned to her room. After a bath, she checked the time. 10PM. She sighed, wiping her hair dry as she sat infront of the dressing table. Looking at her reflection on the mirror, she thought of Seung Hyun expressionless face she saw just now, which hid so much more feelings. She knew, even though he doesn't show.

"Arg." She stood up, holding her forehead. Why would she even care in the first place?

"Get yourself together." She whispered to herself.

=====

Walking downstairs to get herself something to drink, Yi Jung saw Bulter Yang and the other maids gathered in the living room, pacing around.

"Is there something wrong?" Yi Jung asked, coming down the last step. They bowed.

"Lady, young master has not returned yet." Butler Yang stated. Yi Jung's eyes slightly widened. "Mr Kim has already went outside looking for him. We kept calling his phone but the call couldn't get through. Secretary Kim also said that the gathering had long ended."

"When I was on my way back just now, I saw him walking alone along the streets." Yi Jung said.

"When is it, lady?" Bulter Yang asked.

"About 9pm." She replied.

"The gathering ended at 10PM." Then Butler Yang and the maids started to get panic again. Yi Jung looked at the clock and it showed 12AM.

"What is he doing not coming home...?" Yi Jung began to get more worried, knowing he heard something he wouldn't want to hear, which probably made him felt down.

=====

Sitting at the desk in her room, Yi Jung left the door opened. She tried to focus on the storybook in her hands, but she was having a hard time. When she was about to explode from frustrations, she heard the door from downstairs opened and closed. Her eyes fixed at the door, waiting for him to appear. Just like forever, Seung Hyun appeared, walking passed her room. She wanted to go over and scold the hell out of that brat, rebuke him for making the entire world worry for him but as much as she wanted to barge into his room, she knew he needed time to be alone.

=====

Looking at her watch, she ran down the stairs. Seung Hyun would scream at her again for making him wait.

"Mr Kim..." She called as she panted.

"Lady, what's the rush?" Mr Kim asked, smiling.

"Seung Hyun... Seung..." Her palm pressed against the window as she bowed down to catch her breath.

"You are early today, lady." He smiled. She looked up.

"Eh?" She then turned to the window and saw no one inside. He should be pulling a long face waiting for her if it was this time.

"Please." Mr Kim opened the door and guided her in. She sat inside and waited. After about 5 minutes, the door at the other side swung opened and Seung Hyun came in. Yi Jung stared at him, can't get used to his change. The car then started.

=====

Entering the school, they went different ways. Watching his back, Yi Jung can't help but feel sorry for him.

"Hey..." She spun to the back, eyes widened in shock as she stared at that person who just whispered eerily in her ear.

"Gosh. Tae Hyun ah...!" She looked away, holding her chest as she closed her eyes. Tae Hyun chuckled. She looked up and glared at him. Slinging his arm over her shoulders, he pulled her closer to him.

"Aigoo... I pissed you?" He smiled, looking down at her.

"Stop it." She tried pulling away, eyeing him. He rolled his eyes, only gripping her tighter.

"So how was it? The party."

"It's fine. Everything's a success." She smiled.

"Glad to hear that. I guess Dong Hyuk is over the moon."

"I don't know..." They walked to class. Happily chatting about everything, they went to their seats. They wanted to chat more but the teacher came in soon so they have to stop. The seat infront of Yi Jung remained empty for three lessons. He had not been this late before and moreover, he did come to school. The forth and fifth lesson were physical education so some of the students were at the gym while the rest were outside playing games.

"Jung ah!" Yi Jung turned to her classmate who called for her and the classmate threw the ball to her, which she caught it easily. Turning around, she threw the ball to the person standing at the goal post. And that was counted a goal. People in their group cheered. Tae Hyun came to give Yi Jung a high-five.

"I will go get some water." She told him, walking out of the court.

"Can you get mine too? It's in the gym." Yi Jung nodded, smiling then jogged to the gym.

=====

On the other hand, Seung Hyun came out of the toilet in his t-shirt and trackpants, getting ready for lessons, even though he was late. Reaching the first level, he went to the gym. When he was about to reach the gym, there were three guys from another physical education class walking towards him. They were fooling around so they didn't noticed Seung Hyun coming their way. Accidentally bumping into Seung Hyun, Seung Hyun's hand-carry bag slipped off his hand. Eyeing them, Seung Hyun picked up his bag and continued to walk. One of the guys smirked, blocking his way. Seung Hyun looked up, staring at them with an unreadable expression.

"Isn't there something you should say when you bumped into other people?" Rolling his eyes, Seung Hyun attempted to walk away but they refused to give way.

"Make way." He said, his voice monotonous, his stares silently pirecing holes in his face.

"What?" The guy snorted and smirked then without warnings, he swung at Seung Hyun, causing him to stumble to the ground. Seung Hyun smirked, touching his bleeding lips.