Bonus! The playboy next door. Episode 12

You And I [COMPLETED]

Time- 22:42PM, 231111
---
In the car back home, the two of them sat side at each end and didn't talk. Yi Jung would once in a while glance at Seung Hyun, curious and confused at that sudden question, which was also the cause of this awkwardness.


Flashback

Yi Jung stared at Seung Hyun after hearing his question.

"Wh-what makes you think that I hate you...?" His smile still visible and he turned back to pat Ddengi. He didn't give an answer. She pulled her hand back as she said.

"I don't think I hate you..."

End of flashback.


"From side view, I look better, right?" Seung Hyun asked as his eyes fixed at the front. She slightly widened her eyes a little, knowing that he caught her peeking. But nevertheless, she kept her composture and cool. Turning back to the front, she rolled her eyes.

"If you say so." He smirked, glancing at her before turning back. The journey was a long and quiet one. There was an imaginary buzzing sound that made the both of them sleepy. A sudden ring alarmed them and Seung Hyun fumbled for his phone in his back pocket.

"Yes, Secretary Kim." He answered after looking at the caller ID.

"Mr Choi, about the people you requested to locate, I have got hold of some information." Hearing this, he turned to the side to see Yi Jung staring out of the window.

"Please make your way down to my place. We will discuss when I arrived." He hanged up the phone after the caller agreed and bid farewell. He turned back to Yi Jung again, sighing silently. Leaning forward, he called for the driver to drive faster.

"Yes, sir." The driver bowed a little to him and tried to speed up whenever possible.

"Why? Is there something urgent?" Yi Jung turned to him and asked.

"Some work needs to be settled." He answered and she just gave a nod knowingly.

===

The car soon reached infront of the mansion and the two emerged. Maids rushed out to greet and help unload the things while Seung Hyun just went straight through the door.

"Thank you, sir." Yi jung smiled and bowed after the driver helped with getting the bags out of the boot.

"You're welcome, lady." He smiled and bowed before driving off.

===

"My apologies, Secretary Kim." Seung Hyun said immediately when he saw the man on the sofa in the living room. "Have you been waiting long?" The man quickly stood up and bowed.

"It's not a problem at all. Please don't say that."

"We shall talk upstairs." Secretary Kim trailed behind Seung Hyun after that.

===

In Seung Hyun's office, he offered a seat to the secretary as he took his as well.

"You may report it to me." Seung Hyun said and took a sip of his tea. The secretary pulled out a black file and slid it towards him.

"After two weeks of tracking, this is the information I have gathered." Seung Hyun opened the file and began looking as he listened. "Park Sun Hee, the founder of Yi Enterprise together with Yi Jun Bum."  Picking up the two photographs of the two different people, he confirmed that the people were correct. They were the same people as seen previously in Yi Jung's photo in her room.

"Yes, they are the ones I'm trying to locate. Please continue." He told the older man.

"Yi Enterprise had a good business relationship with Choi Enterprise and their annual profits were increasing each year. However, it started to decline when Yi Enterprise started to invest in an overseas project to establish another branch in the US. They took up massive loans and were unable to cope. Thus, resulted in a bankruptcy." Seung Hyun looked at the details printed on the paper as he listened to each word. "They were left with nothing and creditors and employees started to look for them for payment. In the end, they fled, leaving their only daughter, Yi Jung." Seung Hyun gave a nod. He almost gasped out loud when he flipped to the next page, staring at the digits that appeared.

"Is this the amount that was loaned?" He asked, looking up at him.

"Yes, Mr Choi. Those exclude other creditors they loaned from privately." Secretary Kim said and Seung Hyun wondered why they ever needed that huge amount of money. He had never seen that number even when he himself was rich. Secretary Kim then pushed another folder across the table to him. "It is discovered that they are working in an eatery at Dae Gu right now." Pictures of the married couple serving customers were taken. "I have went down personally to check. It is them." Seung Hyun closed the file.

"Get the car ready." And he stood up, packing all the documents and walked out.

===

Walking down the steps, the two passed by the kitchen where Yi Jung and the maids were baking cookies. Yi Jung saw him from the corner of her eyes and sensed the urgency in his steps. She wriggled her nose, thinking that there must be really something he had to attend to and went back to stirring the batter. Hearing Secretary Kim talked on the phone to arrange lodging for the day, Seung Hyun remembered the time when he got nagged at because he disappeared without telling anyone. He turned back and walked to the kitchen, stopping at the entrance. The maids and Yi Jung turned to him.

"I won't be back today. Just know that." He said before walking off again. The people stared at his back, surprised that he was even informing them something. Well, he was just informing Yi Jung.

===

After Seung Hyun got into the backseat of the car, the car zoomed down the streets and quickly entered the expressway. The ride was really no joke. It was already dark when they arrived at Dae Gu. Quickly going to the eatery, Seung Hyun walked in big steps towards the entrance once the car pulled at the roadway. Pushing the glass door opened, he scanned for the people.

"Sir, table for two?" A middle-aged woman quickly went to them with a smile, wiping her hands on her apron.

"I'm sorry." Seung Hyun started, showing the pictures to the woman. "Perhaps, are these people working here?" The woman looked at the pictures intently.

"Why is there so many people looking for them? They had hastily resigned a couple of hours ago."

"Did someone come for them as well?" He asked.

"Yes. After they went off shortly, a few asked for them."

"By any chance, are they here for money?"

"About that, I'm not sure. But they looked furious and demanded for them, nearly ruining my place. Is there something the matter?" The woman queried, concerned. Seung Hyun sighed in frustration, turning to the side. Just a moment late. He wanted to curse, but instead turned to his secretary as he turned around to walk out urgently.

"Secretary Kim, to the railway station. Make it quick." He ordered, hopping into the car.

===

Seung Hyun ran towards the ticketing counter to ask for the details for the tickets.

"From 4PM TO 6PM this afternoon, is there any trains that have went off?" The girl behind the counter looked at him, confused as she wondered why someone would even care about that but nevertheless checked the system.

"There are no trains during that period. The next time slot to Bu San and Jeon La is 7:45PM and 8PM respectively. His head shot up to the clock on the wall behind the girl. The time was 7:44PM.

"Stop the trains." He ordered. "Secretary Kim, search the cabins." He turned to tell the other man who ran off to the platform.

"But, Sir-" The girl was cut off by him.

"Whatever it takes! Stop the trains!" He raised his voice while he glared at the poor girl, startling her. It was then when he heard the train's engine started. Ignoring the security, he leap over the gantry. As he dashed up the stairs, he heard a honk and a train started moving infront of his eyes. Seeing another train at the other side, he sprinted inside as he prayed that Yi Jung's parents were there. Frantically searching every seat, his behavior attracted stares but he couldn't mind less.

"Sir," A security caught up with him called, trying to get him off the train. "You need to purchase a ticket." Seung Hyun however, couldn't hear his words and ran his hand through his hair. Getting down, he punched the wall and roughly ruffled his hair. Knowing that his secretary was behind him, he turned around.

"Seach Bu San. If there's no news, search Jeon La."

"Yes." Sighing again, Seung Hyun looked at the train helplessly.

===

Yi Jung rushed out from the bathroom when she heard her phone rang.

"Oppa." She called with a smile.

"Hey there. Are you back from the camp?" Choon Yeo asked. Judging from his voice, Yi Jung knew that he was smiling.

"Yeah. I'm home."

"Things are getting a little busy for me, so I won't be meeting you often this week. It's exams' period." She remembered that her previous school had examinations scheduled earlier than other schools.

"Oh, is it? It's okay. Study comes first."

"Not really." And they laughed.

"How about we have a meal together after exams end?"

"Hm. Sure." She said with a wide smile.

"I will text you the date, okay?"

"Hm. I will be waiting."

"Since it's late already, are you sleeping soon?"

"About to wash up."

"Sleep tight. Miss you."

"I miss you too, oppa." He chuckled at the other line.

"Goodnight."

"You too. Goodnight." And they hanged up.

===

"Mr Choi, shall we go straight home or rest for the day?" Secretary Kim asked, looking at the reverse mirror.

"Go to the accommodation." Seung Hyun said, knowing that the secretary needed to rest in order to concentrate when he drives.

"Yes." And he drove off. In the backseat, Seung Hyun looked out of the window and spaced out. For the first time, he chased after something like his life depended on it. And the first time he felt so frustrated and awful when something disappeared just when he was about to get hold of it. He realised, that to be a step late was the worst thing ever.

===

They soon arrived at the hotel. Seung Hyun took a shower and lied on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. The things that happened created many thoughts in his mind. He had done wrong this time. He should have allowed Secretary Kim to approach them rather than just asking him to make sure. He shouldn't wait, he shouldn't always feel that he has to take charge of everything. He shouldn't have stop Secretary Kim from bringing her parents back when he found them. Finally closing his eyes, he waited for sleep to consume him.

===

Yi Jung went to school alone the next morning since Seung Hyun wasn't back home yet.

"Hey." Tae Hyun said when she sat down at her seat.

"Hey there..." She smiled, pulling her bag to her lap.

"Where did you go yesterday? You didn't answer my call."

"Ah... I need to rush home." She gave a brief smile as she lied through her teeth. Sometimes, she wondered how she managed to lie so well. "And the phone died." That was the truth, though.

"Beware of Mrs Kim. She's getting you." Yi Jung frowned, pouting a little. The class got quiet when Mrs Kim came in.

"Miss Yi!" She called in a booming voice. Yi Jung closed her eyes in embarrassment as she got ready to get nagged at. "Why did you went off alone yesterday?!" She slammed the books on the teachers' desk. "Why can't you wait?!"

"I'm sorry!" Yi Jung stood up and bowed, sincerely apologising.

"See me afterwards!" Mrs Kim shot a glared at her before starting the lesson. Yi Jung closed her eyes, cursing in her mind as she sat down.

"I will save some food for you. No worries." Tae Hyun gloated, patting the back of her hand. She glared, leading him to chuckle softly.

===

"Ah... So tired... I didn't get enough rest yesterday..." Yi Jung said in a tired voice, her head on the table top. The class was coming to an end and she really couldn't take it longer.

"No resting. Here she comes." Tae Hyun said. She raised her head, seeing Mrs Kim staring at her. She sighed, lazily dragging herself up.

"Good luck, babe." Tae Hyun gave a wave with a smile as she walked out.

===

She hung her head as Mrs Kim went on and on.

"How can you just leave just like that? I have told you that we have to be in a group at all times."

"I'm sorry..."

"Miss Yi, I cannot accept such irresponsible attitude. Please do something about it." Yi Jung silently sighed for the nth time, sick and tired of her nagging.

'Tell her that you are old enough to take care of yourself.' Seung Hyun's voice rang in her ears.

"Well, I'm old enough to take care of myself and make decisions." She muttered and Mrs Kim heard her.

"Miss Yi!" She yelled in horror.

===

In the end, not only did Yi Jung have to get more scolding during lunch, she also had to sweep the classroom and do her reflections after school. Tae Hyun laughed so loudly when she told him about it.

"Aigoo, finally you rebelled." Tae Hyun patted her head. "Jungie's rebellion."

"Ah... Why did I have to say that?" She palm-smacked her forehead several times. "And stop it." She slapped his hand away from her head, glaring at him.
-
"Forget about it." He said, taking something out from his bag. "Here." He placed a bowl of noodles on her desk. "Eat before Mr Ham comes. Quick."

"No!" She looked at him with widened eyes. "I'm really dead this time if I'm caught."

"You have already rebelled, why bother about it? Quick." He removed the cover of the container, the smell of chicken noddles filling the room. "Swallow them." He picked up the chopsticks for her.

"Everyone is looking." She eyed her surroundings and saw her classmates staring at them.

"They can drool as you eat." He urged and she hesitantly took the chopsticks and started eating.

"You're gonna come to hell with me if the teachers saw me." She mumbled as she eat, eyeing the corridor to check for teachers passing by.

"You know I would always be glad to." He smiled when she shot him a look. Yi Jung ate fast, aiming to finish before their history teacher came. Finishing the last bit of noodles, she drank a mouth of soup and closed the cover.

"I'm bloated." She slumped back on her seat, her hands on her stomach.

"Who called you to gobble?" He asked.

"I don't want to get caught...!" She talked back. He rolled his eyes.

"Clear up."

"I got it... Tsk." She placed the container inside the plastic bag and threw it in the bin.

"Thanks for the food, my friend. I ate well." She smiled.

"I thought you're never going to say that." She chuckled, patting her bloated tummy.

===

Yi Jung stayed at the bench just outside the staffroom to do her reflection. She swept the classroom just now and had to finish the last bit of the reflection writing.

'I will not talk back whenever teachers are disciplining me.' She wrote that 50 times. Her hand hurt but she never stop, in hope of completing it as soon as possible.  When she finally finished writing, she went to submit it to Mrs Kim.

"Miss Yi, I hope you learn something today." Mrs Kim said sternly.

"Yes. I will not do it again." Yi Jung hung her head and said quietly.

"Okay. Remember the first draft. It is to be summitted first thing tomorrow morning."

"Yes." She bowed and left.

===

Getting home, Yi Jung went to the library without even going to her room to put down her things. Dropping her bag on the couch, she went to the shelves to grab the necessary materials. Hugging several thick-covered books, she dragged her legs back to the couch and began to flip through the pages. She yawned, rubbing her eyes as her other hand supported her chin. She continued to take down notes despite her closing eyes.

===

Seung Hyun entered the front door when he arrived home. He walked up the stairs and stopped outside Yi Jung's room when he saw the door. He had been feeling down the whole day. He had been feeling guilty for not able to get her parents since yesterday. It was his fault, he felt. In small and slow steps, he headed towards the door and opened it. An empty room was revealed before his eyes. He turned around and started to look for her in every room. The guestrooms, the balcony, the area where the grand piano was and even his office, she was nowhere to be found. The only room left was the library. Turning the knob opened, his eyes immediately spotted the area at the side where books stacked up on the floor, a figure lying on the couch. A small smile spreaded across his face as he walked in. Picking up the opened book on her stomach, he looked through it and immediately knew she was doing last minute work. He had finished that assignment days ago. Yi Jung curled herself in a ball as she slept. He gently lifted her head and placed it on his lap.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly, his fingers her hair. "It's my fault."

===

A movement from Yi Jung awoke Seung Hyun. He stretched a little in the difficult position and looked down at the lady on his lap. She had turned, was about to fall back to sleep when she sensed the unfamiliarity. She waited for her vision to get clearer and raised her head to see him looking down at her blankly. Gasping, she jerked and accidentally rolled down the couch. He attempted to grip on her but wasn't fast enough.

"Ow..." She cried softly, frowning.

"Yah, are you okay?"

"Ouch..." She cried again, rubbing her backside and when she turned to him, she shot him a look. "What did you do again?" She asked in an accusing tone.

"I slept." He told her as matter of a fact.

"You could have slept in your room. And why would I be on your lap when you just slept?!" She stood up and glared down at him.

"You should ask yourself." He answered innocently.

"Yah!" She raised her already loud voice. "Are you joking around?"

"I didn't do anything!" He denied, standing up as well.

"You!" She pointed at him, suddenly at loss of what to say. "Just watch it."

"You said you don't hate me. What is that face for?"

"But you can't deny that you are really irritating!" She narrowed her eyes when he smiled.

"Just for you." And he walked passed her to the door.

===
--
When it was time for dinner, Yi Jung made her way down to the dining room to see Seung Hyun already there. Seung Hyun doesn't make it obvious, but he was actually waiting for her. Only when she sat down did he picked up his pair of chopsticks and started eating.

"You only reached home today?" She asked, trying to start a casual conversation.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"So... Is everything settled?"

"Hm." He answered without thinking but paused and looked up at her. The same guilt came back again. "No." He corrected. "It kind of screwed up."

"Why? What happened?" She queried worriedly. "That time when I saw you working on the files, I took a glance and the numbers seemed a little weird. Did something serious happened?" He frowned slightly at what she said.

"Weird?"  

"Hm." She nodded. "How can it be possible for an advertisement to cost five million? It's not like you are producing a movie."

"Five million?" He furrowed her eyebrows more. What did he have no idea what she was talking about?

"Check later. If I have not seen wrongly, that was the amount I saw." They shared a moment of silence before he started talking again.

"What are you working on in the library just now?"

"The draft Mrs Kim assigned."

"Are you doing last minute work again?" He asked, eyeing her.

"I would have completely forgotten about it if Mrs Kim had not reminded me." He smirked, shaking his head a little.

"Yah, what's with that smirk?"

"I clearly remember I mentioned something about talking too much during meal time." Her stares turned to glares when he said that.

"Annoying..." She rolled her eyes, muttering. He scooped the soup and was about to send it into his mouth when he saw pasley in it.

"Don't drink it. There's pasley." He suddenly said which made her surprised. She bent down and sniffed on the bowl of soup and her face naturally crouched at the smell of it. Her hand slightly pushed the bowl further away from her in reflex.

"But, how did you know?"


Flashback

Seung Hyun was eating at a table with his friends when he caught Yi Jung at another table not far away from his. He saw her face cringed when she saw pasley in the beef stew. She immediately gave the dish away and changed her spoon which she used to scoop the food to her friends.
 
End of flashback.


"Is there diseases? Everything that touches pasley have to be thrown away?"

"I just don't like the smell."

Psh..." He rolled his eyes. "Call the maids to cook something else. What do you want?" He turned and was about to order the maids to come in when she stopped him.

"It's okay. I'm quite full already." He stared at her for a while before shrugging and continued to eat.

===

Back in his room, Seung Hyun immediately pulled out the files and checked through everything. Frantically flipping the pages, he found the entry that Yi Jung mentioned. Indeed, the advertising expense was 5.1 million. Why didn't he saw it when he was looking at that the last time? Feeling something fishy, he called Secretary Kim to send him all the details and started to look into it. Staring at the screen of the desktop, he could feel himself getting angry. He had a feeling that someone embezzled the company's funds. What else does this tells? It must be embezzlement. He turned his chair and stared out of the balcony, trying to calm himself. The weather was getting colder each day with winter approaching. Sighing, he stood up and paced around the room. His parents had told him to manage the company well before they came back and shortly after they left, things happened. He felt anxious and at loss. He had not came across such things and his parents did not taught him how to tackle such problems. Feeling frustrated at himself, he turned and saw the stack of books and papers he left there some other days. He walked over, curious what those were and saw the assignment he had typed out a few days ago. Yi Jung flashed in his mind and he pulled out the paper that was sticking out between the pages of the book and stared at it. He had done everything; a draft consisting of four pages.

===

Yi Jung was in her room dazing. Something was bugging her. And that was because of Seung Hyun's sudden change of attitude towards her. Come to think of it, he really treated her differently nowadays. When he hugged her during the camp, when he brought her to the fountain, when he smiled and said he doesn't hate her, when he actually told her he won't be back yesterday and when he informed her about the soup just now, it bugged ad confused her for some reason. She snapped out of it when there was a knock on the door. Seung Hyun came in and dropped a stack of papers on the bed before her.

"Whether for reference or for copying, it's up to you." And he turned and walked off. "Oh ya." He turned back to her again. "For the reminder about that advertisement issue, thanks." And he left, closing the door. She stared at the door for a good minute before diverting her gaze to the papers. She picked them up and flipped through. Now, it bugged her more. Choi Seung Hyun actually offered help. No, Choi Seung Hyun actually willingly offered her to copy his work!

===

Even though Seung Hyun had allowed Yi Jung to copy his work, she felt that she shouldn't do so. She read his essay once and was greatly impressed. Good words were used and sentences were phrased nicely. His work was perfection. She stared at the words in awe and snapped out of it only after realising that she don't have much time left. Quickly booting up her laptop, she did some research and used Seung Hyun's work as a guide. She worked hard for it, trying her very best to complete it by morning but sleep conquered her when she only finished writing two pages. Her head dropped to the desk and she fell into a deep sleep.

===

Seung Hyun came out of his room in the morning to have his breakfast. His legs automatically stopped when he reached Yi Jung's room. His mind wandered off to her, wondering if she was still struggling with her work. Opening the door, careful not to disturb her, he looked into the small gap and saw her burying her head in her arms, books and papers all over the desk. He went in and to her, looking down at her messy table. He picked up her work and browsed through it. He already knew this would happen. He found his work under a book and pulled it out before leaving the room.

===

When Yi Jung woke up, she was in a mess. Glasses crooked and her hair messy and she was in a state of anxiety. Running to the bathroom when she saw that she was running late, she washed up. In lightning speed, she got ready and gathered all her things in her arms, dumping them all in her bag as she dashed out of her room.

"My, my, my..." She zoomed down the stairs and out of the front door.

"Mr Kim...!" She shouted softly, crashing into the side of the car. "I'm so sorry...!"

"Please don't be, lady." The older man smiled, opening the door when Yi Jung stepped back. "Please." He extended his arm into the car and she hopped in as she gave him a smile. She panted, leaning back against the seat as she tried to catch her breath when a sandwich wrapped in a plastic wrap was extended to her. She raised her brow and turned to the side.

"What...?" She uttered as she slowly reached for the food.

"Eat." She stared at him, eyes wide. How much more surprises was he going to give her since yesterday? He just turned away, his middle finger tapping his lap to the beat of the music he was listening to. Looking at the ham, egg, lettuce and slices of tomatoes sandwiched between two wheat bread, a kind of warmth filled her being. He was a jerk to her all the while, which made it more amazing to her when he changed drastically out of a sudden. When he saw her slowly unwrapping the sandwich and took a bite so slowly like she expected a bomb to explode soon or something, he turned to her and turned away just in time when she peeked at him. She chewed slowly and carefully, trying to fight the surprise and also, that something that she felt for him that was changing.

===

When the arrived in school, Yi Jung immediately dashed towards the library while Seung Hyun went the other way. Yi Jung stayed in the library to continue her work. Furious movement of her hand as she practically copied most of the details online and just credited the author. She knew she will get nagged at again but it wasn't the time to worry about those. Even when the bell rang, she still refused to leave as she rushed through the last sentence.

===

Even though Mrs Kim had not arrived in class, the students had started to place their work on her table on their way to their seats. Yi Jung went to her seat, mentally scolding herself for falling asleep yesterday.

"What's wrong?" Tae Hyun asked as she sat on her chair. "You don't look good."

"I'm seriously dead this time... Ahh...!" She cried softly as she hugged her head and roughly let go, making a few strands of hair sticking out.

"You didn't finish it? Again?"

"I accidentally fell asleep...!" She softly exclaimed, desperation filled her face. Tae Hyun was about to say something when Mrs Kim entered.

"Good." A small smile appeared on her face when she saw the neat stack of papers on her desk. The class greeted her and she began to tick against the names who had summitted the work. Yi Jung was waiting for Mrs Kim to scream her name, but it never came.

"Mr Choi, Miss Min. Out." She said with a murderous glare. Seung Hyun and Su Ah walked out nonchalantly. Yi Jung stared at Seung Hyun's back. The same thing had happened again. Why didn't he summit his work? He clearly had completed the assignment. And most importantly, why was her name not called? The class fell silent as Mrs Kim checked through every piece of work. She picked one out and started to read. Everyone became quiet, and nervous, all feared that she would scream. With a nod of satisfaction, she looked up from the paper to Yi Jung as she stood up.

"Miss Yi, it's an amazing piece of work." And she started to praise her.

"First, Miss Yi took the time to type out her work. Every sentence was near perfection and she wrote the essay with passion. The reader is able to feel the real art of writing and literature." Yi Jung's eyes widened in both surprised and shock. What the hell was the teacher talking about? She didn't even completed her work! Her work was still in her bag!

"Please clap for her." Claps filled the classroom.

"Pl-please hang on." Yi Jung stood up. Mrs Kim looked at her with a wondering look. "Mrs Kim, may I please have a look at the essay?" The teacher seemed puzzled about the sudden request but she still handed it to her. Receiving the paper, Yi Jung's eyes widened when she saw the familiar sentences. This belonged to Seung Hyun! Why was her name written at the top of the page?!

"Mrs Kim," She started again, turning to her teacher.

"Is there something wrong, Miss Yi?" Mrs Kim noticed her change and asked, worried.

"Please excuse me for a minute." And she ran out of the class with the papers, leaving everybody confused.

===

Yi Jung ran around the school, in search for Seung Hyun. She came to the detention centre when she stop, spotting Seung Hyun's head on the table despite how Su Ah seemed to be excited at what she was talking about. Yi Jung knocked at the door and the teacher inside gave approval for her to enter.

"I'm sorry, sir. I will only take a minute." She bowed and headed to his desk.

"Oppa, are you listening?" Su Ah asked when Seung Hyun's eyes still remained closed no matter how much she had said. Su Ah stared at Yi Jung intently when she saw her but Yi Jung didn't even give her a glance. Yi Jung threw the papers onto Seung Hyun's desk, looking down at him. Feeling movements, Seung Hyun opened his eyes, lifted his head and met her eyes.

"What is this?" She asked.

"What?"

"The essay." She stared at him hard.

"What about it?" He asked, feigning dumb as he sat up straight.

"Are you joking with me now? This is definitely your work!" She raised her voice.

"So?"

"What?" She furrowed her eyes. "Why are you doing this?" She totally couldn't understand why he was doing this.

"Just... A kind act from me." She let of a chuckle, feeling so ridiculous.

"Get up. I should be the one here."

"Just leave."

"Why are you doing this? I seriously don't get it!"

"Just leave me alone. You're giving me a headache."

"You are coming with me. I will tell Mrs Kim about it." She reached for his wrist, tugging on it lightly.

"Let go." He tried to pull his hand back but she gripped tightly.

"I don't need you to do this. What do you see me as?" She asked back. "I don't need your work even if I have not finish mine."

"Just freaking get lost!" He suddenly shouted, slamming his hands on the table as he stood up. It startled the people. "You are so stubborn! Why can't you just take it as it is?! Is it because of your pride?" Yi Jung eyed him sharply, grabbing his hand again and this time literally dragged him out. The two other people in the room were totally ignored.

===

"Yah, let go." Seung Hyun let her dragged him even though he really felt like rebelling. But she just continued pulling him. Heaving a deep breath, he flung her to the back with a swift tug. Now that she was before him, he stared down at her.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked dangerously.

"That's my line. What are you doing?" She asked back, not shaken at all.
---
They started an intense-staring war.

"It's your work." She repeated after a long pause, still staring hard at him.

"Yeah. What's now?" He asked back.

"And you wrote my name on it."

"I did. But why are you so angry? You should be thanking me." He said in a slight mocking tone.

"Why? Why would you want to do that? Please enlighten me. I seriously couldn't understand this point."

"I don't summit assignments. Since you need it and I don't want my effort to go to waste, I'm giving it to you." He told her, like it was the most common thing in the world.

"Why?!" She lost her patience and raised her voice again. "What's so wrong about completing your work and handing it up?!" He flung her hand off, glaring hard at her.

"If you don't like it, then say it isn't done by you. Now, get lost." He walked off, pushing her aside.

"Seung Hyun ah." She called, catching his wrist before he went far. It was the first time she called his name this way. So desperate and sad. "What's wrong with you?"

"Just leave me alone. Please." He gently pulled away, disappearing down the hallway.

===

As to why Seung Hyun actually did that, he was just following his heart. He just wanted to do it. It may be out of sympathy that her parents left her, it may be out of guilt that he failed to bring her parents back, it may be the emotions he had for her that made him do it, but whatever the reason was, he doesn't care. He just treated it as an apology to her for not bringing her parents back. When he was in the detention, many thoughts were in his mind. Su Ah's constant chattering were inaudible to his ears. The guilt he could not seem to get over with. He pondered and pondered until he received a text from Secretary Kim about the updates in the company. He sighed, cursed a million times silently when Yi Jung came and everything started. He wasn't in a good mood to start with and there she was, demanding for an explanation. He wanted to tell her he was so sorry for everything and that that was the least he could do for her, but his mouth won't obey.

He left school after that, going back home to clear the crappy mess. He buried his head into the files with Secretary Kim before him, tending to his every need. The two of them worked throughout the day and did not leave the office. Not even lunch or dinner. The following days, he did not even attend school. This continued for days until Seung Hyun decided to just head to the company to work. He had to find out who the culprit was before things got worse.

===

Yi Jung watched the maids as they were all screamed at by Seung Hyun early in the morning.

"Don't ever come to me asking me to eat again. Get it?!" He shouted at the poor girls. With their heads bowed, none of them dared to make a single sound. He stomped out, meeting Yi Jung on the way. She noticed the change in him. Tired eyes with dark rings, his face filled with stress and he lost an visible amount of weight. He walked past her and out, getting into this car. She went into the kitchen and helped the maids picked up the pieces of glass that were smashed by Seung Hyun earlier.

"Lady, please sit. We will be done in a moment." They led her to a chair and settled her down. The maids placed a plate of pancakes and a glass of warm milk infront of her as the others cleared the place. They also served her with maple syrup and butter. Yi Jung ate quietly, her mind went off to Seung Hyun. She herself was getting worried for his well being. He had locked himself in the office and Secretary Kim only went off around midnight. Now that he went to the company on daily basis, it became worse. Back by morning just to change into a fresh pair of clothes, he rushed back to the company without getting any rest or food. Everyone became worried for he literally didn't eat well for nearly a week.

===

Class was boring as Su Ah kept on grumpling on why Seung Hyun was absent. Yi Jung don't even have the mood to talk back when she messed with her. She couldn't concentrate in class and the empty seat infront of her reminded her of Seung Hyun all the time. She was affected by him, by his actions.

"Yah, what's wrong with you nowadays?" Tae Hyun nudged her as they walked out of the school compound.

"Tired." She answered plainly, "Can't seem to find my concentration on anything. My focus is gone."

"Did something happened?"

"There's nothing." She shook her head lightly. "Just don't have the heart to do anything."

"Yah, are you in love?" He teased, causing her to shoot her head to him. Her eyes widened at his absurd guess. In love with Seung Hyun?! Crazy! "The symptoms are similar. Who?" He asked further, playfully being nosy.

"Lo-love?" She stuttered. "Of course, I'm already attached." She told him, remembering Choon Yeo in time.

"Really?" His eyes widened. "Who's that unlucky guy?" She glared and smacked his arm, walking off.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm, watching her back. "If you really miss him that badly, call him or something! Don't get yourself lovesick!" He called out loud but Yi Jung just walked towards the waiting car, not even turning back to him.

"Mr Kim." She smiled at the man who was smiling back at her. He opened the door for her and she went inside.

"What's that, Mr Kim?" She asked when she saw a package on the seat beside the driver's.

"It is for Young master, lady." He told her.

"Seung Hyun?"

"Yes, lady. Young Master has not been eating and the maids had prepared some food for him. I will be sending it to him after sending you back home."

"It's alright, Mr Kim. Just head to the company now." She told him.

"But, lady," Mr Kim glanced back at her. "It's getting late."

"I'm fine. Just go over." She assured with a smile. "He would surely start screaming his head off at you for no reason. I will make sure he eats today." Mr Kim smiled.

"Yes, lady."

===

Seung Hyun looked up from the documents to Secretary Kim.

"What did you just say?" He asked with a frown, clearly surprised.

"It is the head manager of the advertising department. Mr Park Jo Yoon."

"Are you sure?" His voice was a notch higher.

"According to my investigation, the most suspicious one is him." Slamming the pen down to his table, Seung Hyun abruptly stood up and strode out with Secretary Kim following immediately.

===

Personally going down to the advertising department, Seung Hyun marched in once the glass door gave way. The employees quickly stood up and bowed but all slowed down when they sensed the tensed feel sent out by their superior. Without knocking on the door of the room at the back, he flung it opened and threw the contract which showed that he had used the company's funds for other uses with another company on the table. Mr Park saw the paper and already knew what was coming. He smirked and leaned back on his chair, crossing his arms.

"Mr Choi, it's rare to see you around." Seung Hyun glared at him as anger built up in him.

"What is this, Mr Park? You owe me an explanation."

"I don't owe you anything." He said with an arrogant smile.

"Mr Park." Seung Hyun called, his voice dangerously calm.

"If I ever have to explain, it's not to you but your parents."

"Be smug. I will make sure you have a long stay in the jail." Seung Hyun said in a calm tone, gritting his teeth.

"Threatening huh? What evidence you have?"

"I can charge you with just this!" Seung Hyun finally shouted, throwing the contract into his face. Mr Park let out a mocking laughter, smirking.

"With just these?" He then chuckled, making Seung Hyun feel more agitated. "You think I won't have thought of this day and wait for you to catch me red-handed?"

"What if I managed to find more than just that?" A voice suddenly interrupted Seung Hyun just when he was about to say something. They turned to the door to see Yi Jung standing outside, her eyes cold and devoid of all expressions as she looked at the older man sitting down. Seung Hyun stared at her as she made her way inside like it was her office. Yi Jung came before the desk and picked up the contract on the table. Browsing through it, she smirked openly for everyone to see.

"With just these, you can expect to spend your retirement behind the bars." She said with a smile.

"Who are you?" He demanded, finally feeling angry by just looking at her smirk and arrogant gaze.

"Me?" Her smile grew wider. She went towards him, turning his chair so he was facing her. "I'm the one who will be sending you into the cell. Since you are so cool about it, then I'm cool as well. You like money so much, so I guess you can spend the rest of your life dreaming and obsessing about cash and cheques in the jail then, you jerk." She clicked her tongue, tilting her head as she wore the same smile. The smile that showed the superiority and professionalism in her. The smile that behind was the deadly glares ready to kill.

"You have worked hard. I will update you soon." She gave a last smile, patting his shoulder with the contract as if to mock him. She walked off, holding Seung Hyun's arm as she brought him out. She handed the contract back to him when they were in the lift, her face literally changed to those really black ones. Those that would only appear when she was damn angry.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking at her.

"That . I would have whacked him if he is from my parent's company..." She muttered to herself.

"I'm talking to you." She turned to him.

"I came to send you food, but I guess the mood to eat is gone."

"I clearly said stop annoying me by that."

"I know. But who are you trying to worry? The whole wide world don't only revolves around you and you." He just stared at her hard as she talked back at him.

"Can you please just eat a little?" She asked again, a tinge of worry in her voice. He exited the lift, going into his office. A packet of food was on his desk and he sighed. Turning to her, he used his eyes to order her to remove it right away. She took it with her.

"Let me know when you feel like eating." She plopped herself on the couch, back facing him.

"Be smart enough to leave before I lose my temper."

"I won't leave until you eat." She turned to him and said innocently. Seeing his gaze changed into glares, she just shrugged a little and turned back, placing the food on the coffee table as she fished out her phone.

To Mr Kim.

Mr Kim, please leave first. Young master is throwing a childish fit. I will make sure he finish up the food before going home. Please don't worry. I will see you tomorrow. Goodbye and goodnight.

===

Seung Hyun ignored Yi Jung's presence and continued to busy himself. He didn't take note of the time and time passed without him knowing. It was 10:06PM when he finally looked up from the papers and loosened his neck. He saw Yi Jung and remembered about her. She was reading a book, totally ignoring him as well. He stood up, going over to her. Noticing someone standing infront of her, Yi Jung looked up from her book.

"Done?" She asked while he just stared down at her. "Hungry?"

"No." She pouted a little.

"But I am."

"Then eat." He motioned to the packet of food still on the table.

"But I want ice-cream."

"What?" He narrowed his eyebrows.

"You want some?" She stood up. "The female character ate so much ice-cream in the book that I also feel like eating." He let out an ridiculous chuckle, rolling his eyes.

"Come with me." She said by the door, turning back to him. "Come have some fresh air. Your skin will get too dry with all the air-conditioning, then you will get uglier. Quick." She urged.

"Go alone."

"Come." She whined. "I will treat you ice-cream." He chuckled silently, eyeing her. She tugged him on his arm, dragging him out.

===

"I want this!" She stuck her head into the refridgerator like a child, picking the ice-cream cones. "Which one do you want?" She asked Seung Hyun who was crossing his arms as he looked at her from behind, amused.

"I don't take sweet stuff."

"Psh." She picked a vanilla cone and went to pay for it. She enjoyed the cold desert in the freezing weather. She stopped by the vending machine and got two cups of coffee. Handing one to Seung Hyun, she drank the hot latte as she her ice-cream.

"Don't consume both at the same time. It's not healthy." She stuck out her tongue at him and just stick to eating the ice cream first. When they arrived back at the office, he began to chase her off.

"Get your things and leave."

"Is there a microwave here?" She picked up the container of food and looked around, ignoring what he said. She went outside and found the resting area, where the microwave was. She heated up the food and dragged him elsewhere.

"Yah." He called wearily. She practically treated the company as her playground. They arrived at the rooftop and she pushed him down to sit on the curbs. She dropped beside him, sipping on her latte.

"It's rare that there are stars nowadays." She looked up and admired the diamonds hanging in the sky. Turning to him, she was met with his stares. "Eat." Sighing, he gave up and removed the cover.

"If you realise, no matter how bad life gets, some things still remain beautiful." She said as she looked out at the breath-taking scenery. The tall building towering the shorter ones. Colourful lights from street lampposts and cars dotted everywhere. "Take a break and look at beautiful things. Then, you life will be beautified." He watched her, the same peaceful smile appearing as she slowly closed her eyes. He wondered, does beautiful things include her? He shook his head lightly, mentally scolding himself for have nonsensual thoughts.
----
"We might not have the mood to admire them. That's why they look horribly ugly when we are down."

"Do you miss your parents?" He asked when he saw longing in her eyes and she smiled faintly.

"Yes, I do. A lot." She replied quietly. "To the extent that I dream of them every night."

"I'm sorry..." He put down the lunchbox that he had only eaten a mouthful. "I'm sorry..." The strong guilt coming back to him. She raised a brow at him, noticing that he wasn't only apologising for bringing up her parents.

"Why?"

"Just, sorry." His head hung low as remorse engulfed him.

"Hey..." She reached over for his shoulder. "How is this your fault? Nobody wants this. It's no one's fault..."

"You forgive your parents?"

"Criminals deserve to be forgiven. What had my parents done for them not to be accepted?" She asked with a small smile. With him staring at her, she continued.

"They have my best interest in heart. This is the way they expressed it." Watching her say such things made him admired her. Behind that bratty and arrogant personality laid a generous and forgiving heart. She remained positive even when she was considered abandoned. This is something he could never be. Just a little problem and his mood was copletely affected. Come to think of it, he was the emotional kind while she possessed a more professional attitude in whatever she did. She did not allow her feelings to take control over her. He turned away, sighing silently.

"But," She grabbed his attention. "You're not eating already?"

"You are really dead set in getting me to eat today huh?" He raised his brow.

"Yeah. I'm serious when I say I won't leave before you finished every bit." She handed the box to him, tilting her head to the side. He shot her a look before starting to eat again.

"About that jerk," She started. "Just get some IT experts and dig out all evidence." Her words strong and filled with venom. "That has to shut his mouth. How dare he still speak so arrogantly?" He chuckled softly, amused by her change.

"Who is the one who said she is cool about it too?"

"Look at how jerkish he was! I would have really whacked him!"

"I was about to when you came in." He mumbled.

"Shall we punch him?" She asked innocently. "I really want to tear that sickening smirk off his face!" She shrieked in exasperation. She was so agitated that she started to pant slightly.

"Thanks." He said out of a sudden. With wonder, she turned to him. "It had been quite a while since I took a break like this." She just smiled, sending him chills of warmth through his spine and melting him. Since when did her smiles have such effects on him? A breeze blew and she embraced herself.

"Do you want to go back home today?"

"Do you think the situation allows?" He asked back.

"Why not? You found out who that jerk is and all left to do is to wait and see him off to jail."

"I need more evidence to do that."

"Leave them to the IT experts." He shot a look at her.

"And you don't tell me what to do." Standing up, he turned back to the door.

"Yah!" She quickly followed. "You are going home with me!"

"I'm not!" He yelled back as he walked down the stairs.

"You are!" She pulled his collar. "Come with me!" He shoved her hand off and entered his office, slumping back on the chair.

"Stop being stubborn, will you? You look terrible now." She stopped before him, trying to get him to listen to her.

"Why are you concerning about me so much?" She smirked at his question.

"I can't? Even as a friend, as a person who lived next to your room, under the same roof, I can't?" She bored holes in him. "You are making everyone worried. You are always this irresponsible. Of yourself and those who care for you." He was caught offguard and found himself dumbfounded. He rolled his eyes and turned away, feeling himself giving in.

"I can't win you, right?"

"So pack your things." She shot. He glared before turning away to pick up his things.

===

"Do you need me to drive?" Yi Jung asked as they neared his car and he unlocked the doors.

"Don't ever touch my car."

"Psh." She rolled her eyes and roughly opened the door, slamming it shut after she got in. His eyes widened, staring at her in horror.

"Why are you venting your anger on the car?!" He freaked out outside the car, still staring at her.

"Get your in! It's cold!" She unwinded the car and shouted, glaring back at him. He breathed heavily as he got inside, murdering her with his pirecing glares as he the engine. She just rolled his eyes, ignoring him.

===

"Yah." She called when he was silent. "Yah..." She frowned when he didn't respond. "I got it! I'm sorry...!"

"Psh." He scoffed. "Do you still think you are rich? Do you think you will be able to pay? This is my favourite!" He glanced at her to glare.

"I don't have money, but if you want, you can take my life!" She screamed, startling him.

"You are even yelling at me?" His eyebrows furrowed, turning to glance at her.

"It's my mouth!"

"Yah! Aren't you going to stop?!" If she could, she would really want to smack him.

"So petty... Are you going to leave me on the road again?" Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms. He really wanted to say 'yes' despite his heart yelling for him not to, but it was something else that really made him think again. And it was her pride. He knew she would really open the door and go if he said so. She snorted when he didn't reply, knowing he won't do it.

===

They soon arrived at the mansion and they stepped out. Walking up to the gate, the both of them had not noticed another car parked at the side.

"Jung ah." Yi Jung and Seung Hyun turned to see Choon Yeo by the car, walking towards her. She raised a brow.

"Oppa? Why are you here?" His heart suddenly felt a pang of pain and sadness that she forgotten about their appointment.

"We had agreed to meet for dinner." He said, trying to remind her. Her eyes widened and she gasped loudly, hands flew to her lips.

"I'm so sorry! You have waited long?" She quickly went infront of him. "What do I do? I'm so sorry...!" She panicked, reaching for his hands. He managed to force a smile, a hand caressing the side of her head to assure her he was alright. She watched for his face expression and he remained smiling to her as he glanced behind her to see Seung Hyun looking at him. Of course, Choon Yeo felt awful and Seung Hyun was not liking it as well. But Choon Yeo had started to take note of them as a natural reaction. Yi Jung had strong negative feelings for him but now, they were already staying out late together that she even ended up forgetting their date. Seung Hyun turned away and went inside, closing the gate.

"Oppa, why did you wait? You should have gone back when it's late."

"Your phone is switched off and I don't know what happened, of course I will wait." He smiled warmly, trying to hide the fact that he was affected by her actions.

"I can explain this. It's not what you think." She quickly added, knowing that he will misunderstand.

"I know. I understand. Don't worry." He kept smiling, making her feel more guilty.

===

People! I'm back! Finally!!! Updates for this story will take a bit longer. I don't have ideas! I'm sorry about that. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it! ^^

P.S. Thanks for waiting patiently. :)



To Bungsky, Hello. I'm back! Hah! Thanks for supporting! ^^



To intanck92, Hello. Haha! I'm back now! Thanks for supporting! ^^ *Hugs*



Schedulex2(C)


Started- 22:42PM, 231111
Stopped at '-', 12:29AM, 241111

Continued- 22:20PM, 241111
Stopped at '--', 23:28PM, 241111

Continued- 22:10PM, 271111
Stopped at '---', 23:45PM, 271111

Continued- 22:35PM, 281111
Stopped at '----', 12:36AM, 291111  

Continued- 22:22PM, 291111
Ended- 23:49PM, 291111

Typed author's note and replied comments and posted at 12:14AM, 011211