Chapter 24

You And I [COMPLETED]
2:44PM
---

I jerked as I heard the loud ringing tone from my phone. With my eyes still closed, I reached for my phone at the side table and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I said lazily.

"Hello. Is it Yi Jung-ssi?" A lady's voice could be heard.

"Yes. May I know who you are?"

"Hello. I'm calling from Sun Yeong Childcare Centre. Sorry for calling at this hour but Ye Jin is having a high fever right now. The other kids are here so I can't take her to the hospital. Can you come over?" I could hear Ye Jin's cries in the background.

"Okay. I got it. I'll be right there." I jumped out of bed and went to the toilet to get ready. I then grabbed my phone and wallet and dashed out. I flagged for a taxi at the roadside and flew to the location. When I arrived, I ran and pushed the door opened.

"Unnie!" Ye Jin ran to me and hugged my legs. I picked her up.

"What happened? Where is it that hurts?" I asked softly as I wiped her tears.

"She had a fever since midnight and never stop crying." Mrs. Jang told me.

"I will take her to the hospital." I told Mrs. Jang. She nodded and I leave.

"Okay, okay. Don't cry. Let's go to the doctor's." I said when we were outside as I patted Ye Jin's head and back. We got on a taxi and got to the nearest hospital.

Ye Jin is a girl I met during my training days. She was 4 at that time. I remember seeing her standing alone outside a bookstore. She wasn't crying or anything. She stared at me when I walked passed so I just smiled to her. When I came out of the food stall beside the bookstore, she was standing there. Again, I smiled to her and walked off. Ye Jin then began to follow me. I thought she wanted some of my snacks so I gave her some but she still followed me. I then asked where her parents were. She did not utter a word but I could see tears forming in her eyes. I asked again and offered to bring her to her parents. Then she started to cry, so loudly that it drew the attention of the people there. I couldn't just walked away so I took her to the police office. The police officer said that they would inform me once someone reported a missing child. I do not have a handphone then and I went to purchase one just to make things easier for me and the police officer if he needed to contact me. I then took Ye Jin to the agent and the president sent her an orphanage. Everything was fine until about after 3 weeks, we got a call from the orphanage saying that Ye Jin was acting 'weird', throwing things around, hitting the others there. We then went over and saw the situation. It's wasn't just 'weird'. It was totally crazy, insane. A young girl screaming at the top of her voice, kicking the chairs, hitting and tugging the others. But when she saw me, she ran to me and clung to my legs. I was at lost then, taken aback by the scene I withnessed and not knowing what I am to this child that caused a change in attitude in her. The staff there suggested that we take her to a psychologist. We then found out that Ye Jin has mild depression. That was when I know I can't leave her alone. So I took her with me but soon sent her to Sun Yeong Childcare Centre due to my busy schedule. Sun Yeong Childcare Centre provides good quality babysitting, day and night. It's mostly for parents who can't take care of their kids for some reasons. The kids could stay there and parents could visit them. It's been a long time since then. Ye Jin is now 6. 2 years... And I have not receive any calls from any police office.

The doctor then came to sight and assured me that Ye Jin was fine and could be discharge once she was awake. I went to Ye Jin's bed to see her asleep soundly. The time now is 3:57AM. I held Ye Jin's small hand and fell asleep at the bedside.

I stirred from my sleep at the vibration of my phone. I have set the alarm at 6:30AM and it was time to wake up. I then realised that I was still at the hospital. I looked towards the bed and saw Ye Jin looking at me with her huge, pretty eyes.

"Unnie!" She squealed. She got on her feet and placed her arms over my shoulders.

"Hi there. How are you feeling?" I said as I carried her out of the bed and sat her on my lap. I felt her forehead. The fever had subsided but it's still feverish. Ye Jin simply flashed me a cute smile that made me smile as well.

"You scare me earlier." I looked down at her. She smiled but remained silent.

"What's wrong? Are you still uncomfortable?" I asked worridly, not getting her response.

"No." She shook her head. "Let's go home." She looked at me.

"Mrs. Jang is worried sick and misses you. Let's go back." I carried her. I know she wanted to go to my home but I have something on so I pretended that I didn't know.

"No. I want to go home. Unnie's home." She shot back.

"Okay. Let's go back." Knowing her stubborness, there's no use saying so much to her. And plus, she is not feeling well. I stood up and carried her in my arms and got the procedures done and we headed home.

When we arrived at home, I quickly went to get ready.

"Ye Jin ah. Unnie is going to take a shower. You play with these toys first." I said as I placed the toys infront of her. "Here's the mattress if you're tired." I patted the mattress beside her. "And there are biscuits and water." I pointed to the other side of her where the snacks were.

"Okay." She smiled to me, showing me her smile eyes. I then went to the bathroom and quickly get done. Ye Jin couldn't be left alone for too long. You wouldn't know when her emotions would change. I stepped out of the bathroom after getting ready and sat beside her and watched her play with the stuff toys as I combed my hair. After finished grooming, I squated infront of her.

"Ye Jin ah. Unnie has something on today so I need to send you back."

"No! I'm not going back!" She rebelled. I tried talking sense to her like I always would when it's time to go back everytime I took her out of the childcare centre.

"NO! NO! NO! Unnie is always busy!" She then started wailing. This was when my phone started ringing. It's my manager. .

"Yi Jung ah. I'm downstairs alread. Are you coming down soon?"

"Unnie... Ye Jin is with me at home." I had no choice but to tell her the truth.

"Why?"

"She had a fever so I took her to the hospital and now she doesn't want to return back." Ye Jin is still crying, throwing a fit.

"There's no time for that. Just bring her down." I don't know what my manager meant. Is she just going to send Ye Jin back by force? I cleared the house and gathered my things. Without a word, I carried Ye Jin in my arms. She was still screaming her lungs out. We got out and I spotted my manager's car in the carpark. I opened the door to the backseat and got in.

"Are we sending her back?" I asked after I sat on seat, still holding onto Ye Jin.

"Would that young lady ever let go of her grasp? Look at how tight she is grabbing onto your shirt. Her knuckles had turned white." My manager said without looking back. "Today is a short day so I will just let it pass." She started to drive. After assuring Ye Jin that she is not going back, she finally stopped her unbearble screamings. We headed to KBS to finish the last part of the music video that Seung Hyun and I sang. I played with Ye Jin throughout the whole journey. My manager and I chuckled occasionally at Ye Jin's cute acts. When we arrived, my manager took Ye Jin elsewhere so I could finish the filming without any distractions. The filming went smoothly and Seung Hyun had to leave for other schedule so I headed to the music programme first. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you that Seung Hyun and I will be having our first combined stage together later on. It's the drama OST, which means, I have to rap. Which means. I'm dead!

I'm now at the waiting room, practising the rap. I'm so worried! What am I going to do?! Although Ye Jin knows my job, she looked at me curiously, wanting to know what the hell I am doing. She has not seen me rap before. I ignored her stares and continued practising. In 20 minutes time, it's our turn to rehearse. I don't know if Seung Hyun can make it or not so I'm praying that he could make it in time. But in the end, he did not make it so there goes the rehearsal. I'm also tired by then so I stopped practising and accompanied Ye Jin instead.

"Ye Jin ah. Unnie is going to sing later. If you woke up and can't find unnie, don't be afraid." I told Ye Jin when she was about to fall asleep. "You can see unnie through there." I pointed at the TV installed on the wall. She nodded and went to LaLa-Land. I cuddled her a bit more and when it was about our turn, Seung Hyun was still not here so I thought I would wait for Seung Hyun at the stage. As I was still worried, I told my manager to stay with Ye Jin in the waiting room and I could go to the stage myself. I then leave for the stage. When the song before us was about to end, Seung Hyun appeared.

"I'm sorry!" He apologised to me.

"Nope. It's okay." I smiled and shook my head.

"Oh ya, who's the girl in the-" Seung Hyun was cut off by the PD."

"Next!"

The both of us quickly went on stage and the audience cheered and clapped. The atmosphere was fine throughout the performance and I did as fine for the rapping part. My effort was not wasted. As we were walking back to the waiting room, Seung Hyun and I chatted but I stopped when I saw the commotion before my eyes. People crowded together, screamings could be heard. I saw my manager holding onto Ye Jin, stopping her from running around.

"Look at what she's talking." I heard my manager saying when Ye Jin cried for her mother.

"Omma! Omma! Yi Jung omma!" I knew something was wrong. Ye Jin don't usually address me as her mother.

"This child is still young so she's spouting nonsense." My manager said, looking up at the directors and the other big characters, not wanting my image to be ruined.

"Ye Jin ah!" I called out as I ran towards her leaving Seung Hyun behind. Ye Jin ran to me and I swooped her up.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you sleeping?" I hugged her close to me as she sobbed.

"I'm sorry for the trouble caused. I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I apologised to the people around as I bowed. They left and we went back to the witing room.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked gently as I patted Ye Jin's back. She continued to sob.

"Unnie, what happened?" I asked my manager.

"I don't know. She woke up and started behaving like what you saw just now."

I could just pat Ye Jin to coe her. Seung Hyun sat across me, not saying a single word. We did not interact as I tried to get Ye Jin back to sleep. When she was finally asleep in my arms, I apologised to Seung Hyun this time.

"I'm sorry. She is not feeling well so..."

"It's okay. Who is she?" He pulled his chair nearer to me and looked at Ye Jin.

"She's someone I met during my training days. It looks like she was lost..."

"You mean you have been taking care of her since then?" Seung Hyun asked, his eyes widen and was taken aback.

"I sent her to a childcare. Indirectly I'm taking care of her." I smiled at Seung Hyun.

"You're amazing." He commented. "She looks quite challenging." Seung Hyun patted Ye Jin's head softly.

"She has a mild depression." I said, looking at him. "I was shock as well just now. She don't usually address me as her mother. I don't what happened." I continued, looking at Ye Jin.

"You're no different from her mother, since you're the one she sees often." He said. "Why don't you make a police report?" He added after a pause.

"I made one two years ago. No news yet."

"Oh." I placed Ye Jin on the sofa and went to get some water. Then there's a knock on the door and the door opened. It's SHINee. They greeted us and gave me and Seung Hyun their latest album each. We thanked them.

"All of us watched the drama. It's great." Key commented. We thanked them again and before leaving, Key said he would contact me again. Key and I became good friends after I helped him with his earpiece the previous time. SHINee's performance was after mine so when the stage became dark and I was leaving the stage, they came and I heard someone gasped. I slowed down and turned back.

"This isn't working." He whispered.

"What?" Another person's whisper could be heard. Knowing that I should help, I quickly tested my eyepiece and heard sound. I quickly exchange with his and although it was real dark, we could still see each other. He thanked me and I quickly leave the stage.

After the programme ended, we leave and headed home. I decided to take Ye Jin home with me today and see how it goes tomorrow.
---
Finally! This should be up yesterday but I screwed it up. First time was when I was typing, I don't know what I pressed that caused the whole page to refresh and everything is gone. I nearly smashed my lappy's screen. Second time was when I finished typing about half of this chapter and decided to just post half of it, something went wrong with the loading then again, gone. So I'm here now. I have not updated for quite sometime. Sorry about it. Hope I have not lose any readers. Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed. Comments please! ^^

To sweetgirl, Thank you. Here's a chapter after a long wait. :D

Schedulex2(C)
Started: 8:12PM, 110810
Retype: 9:44PM, Ended: 10:14PM, 110810
Retype: 2:44PM, 120810
Completed: 4:46PM, 120810