12 - Job Hunting!

My love for you.

"Can we eat ice cream later? I need to go somewhere else." Sehun looked at you and grew confused. "Why not today? Oh come on!" He pouted. "Sorry Sehun, let's meet next time! Bye." You quickly ran away from him.

*Since I quit that job, I need to find a new job now.*

You grabbed the job section of the newspaper and walked away. As you roamed around the town, you highlighted possible employments.  You looked around the map and went to each one.

One after one, you got rejected.  “Too young.” “No experience.” “Too late.”

You bought milk and bread for snack. As you chewed and gulped the food down, you circled more options. After charging up, you started job hunting again.

But it wasn’t easy but at the end of the day, you were back where you had started; jobless.

You sighed and trudged up the hill back to your house. Under the dim streetlights, you looked at all the X’s and O’s on the newspaper.

Suddenly, someone yanked the newspaper from you. You looked up in surprise.

Baekhyun spun around and held the newspaper up to the light, “Jobs? You are looking for jobs?” “Yes.” You reached for the paper but he held it away, “You went to a lot of places. Why do you need to work anyway? Wow. You went to bakery, café, cleaning lady…” He made a face, “You are too pretty to be a cleaning ahjumma.”

“I need a work to survive of course. And thank you!” You hopped up at the paper but Baekhyun raised it higher and unexpectedly whirled his face around. You gasped. You were so shocked that you stumbled onto his chest with your hands pressed up against his. His nose was touching yours. You were blinking fast and staring at his lips. A small smirk came onto his face and he gazed down at you. You bit your lip, jumped up, and snatched the newspaper away. You ducked away with your red face.

“Hey, chill, I won’t tell Suho hyung about just now.” He winked. You gave him a look. “Come on. Don’t be so serious with me. I don’t like it!” He said.

You sighed. “I am really tired, Baekhyun.” You rubbed your eyes. You walked away and he ran after you, “Wait!”

You abruptly spun around. He looked at you and smile. “I won’t tell Suho hyung about what happened just now if only you promise me one thing.” You stared at him in puzzlement. “Promise that you won’t look for work again.” He said.

You frowned and crossed your arms. *This guy.* “Oh come on. Do you think Suho hyung will like it when he knows you were looking for job?”

You quickly turned to go but he called, “Wait!”

You sighed and impatiently spun around, “Yes?” “Fine. I will let you find a job, after you graduated, okay?” he smiled and walked away.

*You are weird. But he’s right. I need to focus on my study first, right?* You smiled and walked away.

 ----

sorry for the late update!

I will have an exam later, so wish me luck :D