L's mother

Vanilla & Chocolate

L’s POV

I arrived at home and parked my car. Happily, playing with my keys while thinking of Minjung, I entered the mansion. “Mr. Kim, your back?!” Mr. Choi, the butler, asked and bowed as he saw me. I nodded “How many times do I have to tell you, not to bow, Mr. Choi?” I asked with a soft voice. The old man gave me a smile and said, “Your father is waiting for you in his room. He wants to talk to you!”

“What does this old man want now?!” I walked upstairs and opened the office door without even knocking. That old money lover was sitting on his chair, propped his elbow on the desk with interlaced finger.

“Kim Myungsoo! Where have you been today? I told you that we’re going to attend dinner with the Kang family! Did you know that I promised them you would come?! I had a hard time explaining the reason why you weren’t here! And leaving the house without my permission?? Are you even a good son?!” He yelled at me with loud voice. I rolled my eyes and didn’t even bother to listen. That old man was talking until he realized that I was just standing there, staring at the curtains that were probably even more interesting than him.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!! ARE YOU LISTENING??” He sighed and rested his forehead in his palm. “I didn’t raise you like this!” His voice was still loud. I looked at him with disbelief.

“YOU?? Raised ME?? Tch!! All this time everything you did was work!! For you nothing is more important than work! Even on the day, when mother passed away, you didn’t bother to come to the hospital!! And her on funeral?? You rather went to China to attend your stupid meeting so don’t tell me that you raised me up!! It was Mrs. Jung, the house maid, that was there for me and you fired the nice woman because you didn’t want to pay her!!” I shouted as my hands clenched to fists. Tears were running down my cheeks as I left the room, slamming the damn door.

With anger, I walked into my bedroom and shut the door. I let myself falling on the bed and rested my arm on the forehead. Staring at the ceiling and remembering the past, was hurting so I wiped with the back of my hand the tears away and pulled out my phone. I texted Minjung, trying to forget what just happened in the office.

Myungsoo: Hey, it’s me, Myungsoo! Did your brother scold you because of me?

Minjung: Don’t worry he didn’t scold me! ^^

Myungsoo: That’s a relief! Then I guess, see you tomorrow….

Minjung: Yeah, good night!

Myungsoo: Good night and sweet dreams!

I laid on the bed and didn’t move until I fell asleep.

 

Eun Kyung’s POV

I was standing in front of the school gate, waiting for Minjung. I wanted to hear about the the date she had with L at Lotte world. I took a glance at my watch when suddenly someone shouted, “What are you doing here, Mrs. Piggy?!” Of course that someone was no other than the stupid Sungyeol. I rolled my eyes and turned around. “1. You don’t own this area! 2. Don’t ruin my mood! 3. Shut the fck up and leave before I ask the baseball club for a bat to beat you up with it, you stupid, fat, ugly jerk!” Hands were on my hips and I looked at him with my killer eyes. Before I could say another word someone pulled me back. “ What the-“ I was cut off when I saw Minjung standing there.

“Stop arguing with him, would you?!” Minjung frowned. “But he started!” I defended myself “Come on, let’s go before we’re late!” She dragged me away while Sungyeol stuck out his tongue. I narrowed my eyes at him and walked with Minjung into the school building.

“Now tell me, how was Lotte World with Myungsoo??” I asked curious, as we were on our way to the lockers. “It was funny! And he even drove me home. But my brother was asking him weird and embarrassing questions…” She said and opened the locker. “What questions?” I asked again.

“Like ‘Do you like her?’ Or ‘You won’t hurt her?’” Minjung rolled her eyes, and put the books in her bag. “And what did Myungsoo answer??” I came closer to her and waited. “He said he likes me…. And he won’t hurt me….” I could see her red cheeks as she answered. *Oh well, she likes him* I grinned as she looked at me. “What’s wrong?” She asked when she saw my grin. “Oh, nothing. Just thought something!” I said and pretended like nothing happened.

We made our way to the classroom when I bumped into someone. As I looked up I saw L. “Eh, sorry…” I said low. “It’s OK!” He replied in an emotionless tone but it changed when he saw Minjung beside me. They greeted each other and started to talk without looking at me. *Helloooo~ I’m still here!!* I thought and waved with my hand but they didn’t even look at me so I walked away leaving the two lovers alone, not wanting to be the third wheel.