Vanilla & Chocolate

Vanilla & Chocolate

Minjung's POV

The doorbell rang and I happily ran to the front door to open it. In front of me stood my smiling boyfriend that greeted me with a tight hug. "Did you already eat?" He asked and kissed my nose. "No. Doojoon is having lunch with his friends and I didn't cook yet!" I said. "That's good. Come on, let's go!" He interlaced our fingers and guided me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as Myungsoo drove the car. "You will see!" He answered me, his eyes never leaving the road. Since it was the last day Myungsoo and I got to spend together, Myungsoo wanted to take me out on a date. Even though it hurt me that we wouldn't be able to see each other for the next four years, I didn't let it bring me down because I wanted to spend the day with Myungsoo happily.

After good 20 minutes the car stopped and I looked out of the window. "Oppa, where are we?" I asked with wide eyes. There were no buildings, no cars, no one. The only thing that could be seen were trees and plants. "Wait here!" He gave me a bright smile and got out of the car. He made his way to my side to open the door for me. Myungsoo streched out his arm, offering his hand to help me get off. 

When he closed the door I looked around and frowned. "Myungsoo oppa, what are we doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" Myungsoo smirked and looked at me. Somehow, his face was unreadable. He his lips and stared at me. His dark eyes were looking into mine making me gulp.

Suddenly he grabbed my shoulders and pressed me against his car, his eyes never leaving mine. The way he looked at me kinda scared me but then again it didn't because it was Myungsoo. "So now that we're in the middle of no where, no one can disturb us. And I can do whatever I want to you..." He said with a low voice.

I gulped and blinked at him. That's when his eyes softened and he began to chuckle making me blink even more. "Did you think I brought you to this place to you? Is that how you think of me?" He pouted and looked at me. "N-No!!! You just... you..." I began to blush not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled and looked down. 

"Silly!" He chuckled and cupped my face to kiss me softly. I closed my eyes and savoured that moment. Myungsoo then broke the kiss with a peck and intertwined our fingers. "Let's go!" he began to walk down the path between the trees as I followed him. It didn't take long until Myungsoo stopped. I looked up wondering what happened that made him stop. That's when my eyes widened at the sight.

The both of us were standing in front of a huge field, covered with grass and colorful flowers. "Woahhh!" I whispered and looked at the fielfd. Myungsoo brought me to a spot where a blanket was outstreched on the grass with a basket on it. "Picnic?" I asked and looked up at his face. Myungsoo smiled and hummed with a nod. He wrapped his arm around my waist and looked down at me. "Shall we sit down?" He asked as I beamed at him with a nod.

Myungsoo began to take out the food he brought and set it on the blanket. The both of us began to eat, feeding each other while talking and laughing. Myungsoo took out a vanilla chocolat cake for dessert and began to feed me. "Look at you. Eating like a little kid!" He shook his head with a chuckle. Myungsoo gave me a kiss, off the crumbs at the corner of my lips.

"You know, now that I think about it, we're like vanilla and chocolate!" I smiled at him. "How come?" He asked curiously and raised his eyebrows. "Chocolate because it's bitter, yet it's sweet. The first time I saw you, you were all cold and didn't talk much. But as we got closer I realized that you're kind hearted and lovable." I explained to him.

"And I'm vanilla because... well because I'm..." I trailed off, not knkowing how to describe myself. "Because you're just a normal girl yet there's something about that makes you unique. I can't point out what it is but I don't care. All I know is that I love you and those feelings will never stop!" He whispered and leaned in for a deep kiss with full of love and emotions.

 

That's right.

I'm vanilla

you're chocolate

I'm simple but unique

you're bitter but sweet