The other side of the story

Vanilla & Chocolate

Minjung’s POV

Soon, Myungsoo and I were standing in front of the company, hand in hand. As I expected, the company was huge. I looked up to see the high building that was built modernly with glass. Blinking for a few times I suddenly heard Myungsoo chuckling beside me. Confused, I asked, “What?”

“You just look damn cute when something fascinates you.” He grinned at me. “I do?” I asked him surprised when but just nodded amused. “C’mon let’s go so we can leave soon!” He said and pulled me into the building.

 I was kinda worried about Myungsoo because I could tell that he didn’t want to see his father. Sure, what Myung told me about his father was cruel but I couldn’t hate Mr. Kim either since I didn’t hear his side of the story. That’s why I was hoping that they wouldn’t get into a fight after whatever Mr. Kim is going to tell him.

The both of us entered the elevator and Myungsoo pushed the button number 11. On cue, the door closed and the elevator moved upward. Out of the blue, Myungsoo kissed me, holding onto me tightly. I pushed him away and blushed.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing ?! What if people see?!” I asked. Myungsoo smirked at me and his lips, “Can’t I kiss my girl? Besides, I felt bad for ruining our date, bringing you to the company… and if people see, well, let them!” Just then we arrived at the 11th floor. “This way!” Myungsoo smiled at me and lead the way as our fingers were still interlaced.

“Oh, Myungsoo! You’re here…” I suddenly heard a voice and looked to my right to see a middle aged man wearing glasses standing there. He looked at me before bowing down greeting me. “A-annyeong-haseyo…” I stuttered and bowed down as well, assuming that he was the secretary who talked to Myungsoo earlier over the phone. “Mr. Kim is waiting for you in his office!” He then looked at Myungsoo, pointing to the door behind him.

“Arasso, please show Minjung around while I’m talking with him!” Myungsoo told him and turned back to me. “Just wait a little, I won’t take long, ok?!” He smiled at me and pinched my nose before pecking it. I giggled and pushed him toward the door. “Don’t worry about me, now go, your dad is waiting for you!” I smiled and waved at him. Myungsoo waved back before taking a deep breath, pushing the big door, making his way inside.

As the door closed, I let out a sigh and turned around, looking at the Mr. Kim’s secretary. “A…ahjusshi… you can continue with your work. Don’t worry about me, I can wait here for Myungsoo!” I smiled at him. “No, it’s ok! I’m not busy right now, I can show you around if you want! I’m Lee Minseok by the way, Mr. Kim’s secretary!” Mr. Lee said.

“I’m Yoon Minjung… mmhh.. I’m Myungsoo’s… g-girlfriend!” I introduced myself with a blush. “Come on, let me get you something to drink, Minjung-sshi!” He smiled kindly at me and began to walk as I followed him.

“Ahjusshi, can I ask you something?” I looked at him as we were walking beside each other. “Aren’t you asking me right now?!” He chuckled at me. “Oh, right…” I bit my lower lip and looked down at me feet. “Hahahaha… Just ask whatever you want!” Mr. Lee said as he beamed.

I hesitated before asking the question “I-is Myungsoo’s father very busy?” Mr. Lee looked at me surprisingly but answered anyway. “Well, he sure is, since the malls that he’s running aren’t only in Korea. And the business is really going well so there are always other companies who want to cooperate.” Minseok ahjusshi explained.

“I see… but shouldn’t he at least take a break?! I mean, from what I heard, he’s rarely at home because of work and meetings…” I tilted my head. By the time, we were in somewhat that seemed like a small canteen. Mr. Lee bought me a drink and the both of us sat down at a small table. “…so Myungsoo oppa is practically living alone... when the maids aren’t there. That’s also why they’re drifting apart!”

Letting out a small sigh, he continued to tell me about Mr. Kim. “Many of our employees told him to take a rest once in a while but he refused!” Mr. Lee said, watching me sipping the drink.

“You know, Minjung-sshi, actually Myungsuk really loves his son but he just doesn’t know how to begin conversations with Myungsoo. At that time when Myungsoo’s mother was in the hospital, Myunguk was actually really depressed. The doctors said that there was no way to cure her disease. He loved her dearly and didn’t want to accept reality. So he just kept himself busy to forget the all the sad things. He didn’t want to lose her, yet there was no way to save her.”

I looked down at my fingers that where resting on the table. I was sad, knowing that Mr. Kim loved his wife but she left him and her son. I looked up to Mr. Lee, waiting for the secretary to continue the story.

 “Myungsoo might not know but his father visited his mother every night. Sometimes he would stay overnight just watch her sleep.” he let out a small chuckle, “Myunguk said he’d rather watch her sleep peacefully than seeing her awake, faking a smile and telling everything was okay.” Minseok shook his head.

“And when Soojin passed away, he got depressions. But he didn’t want Myungsoo to worry so he told everyone to keep it from his son.” Minseok sighed deeply.

*So basicly, father kept himself busy because he couldn’t stand seeing wife in pain while son misunderstood the whole situation thus making him hate his father*
that was ridiculous. I couldn’t let Myungsoo hate his father for the rest of his life just a little misunderstanding. I clenched my fist and looked up at Mr. Lee.

“I’m going to fix this!”

 

 

 

Hello my readers!! :D

I’m sorry that you had to keep waiting for my chapter! Actually, I didn’t know how to continue writing since I couldn’t come up with ideas. But I managed to update now so please forgive me :)
Please leave some comments to motivate me and subscribe if you’re a silent reader…

Please bear with me and be patient for the next chapters! :3  I’m really really sorry that you have to wait but I’m trying my best to write the next chapter!!

jamshi gidalyeojuseyo!! Please wait!! <3

mickeymouse97